HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins VS Scabs - Locked up Edition - NESN - 7:00PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2013, 03:09 PM
  #101
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,924
vCash: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
With a nod to General George S Patton's opening speech of the movie "Patton" and Bluto's rant in "Animal House":

Scene: Bruins locker room before the game.

Claude Julien: Be seated. Now I want you to remember this: All this stuff you may have heard about the Bruins not being able to beat the Habs is a crock of ****. The Bruins traditionally love to play the Habs. All real Bruins love beating the hell out of the Habs..... Now we have the best equipment, training and players in the league. You know I actually pity those poor mother****ers we're going to play tonight, I really do. We're not just going to beat those mother****ers we are going to destroy them. We're going to cut out their living guts and just murder those Hab ********. The Habs are our enemy. Go right at them, spill their blood, spill their guts all over the ice..... And another thing, I don't want to see any of you just standing around out there. We are going to go at them every shift and just beat the hell out them every time all the time. Now get out there and kill them dead dead dead. [Julien walks out of the room]

Silence in the room for about 5 minutes. Then:

Jay Pandolfo: The Habs dropped the big one on us in the shootout last time...its over already.

Zdeno Chara stands up: What? Over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when Chiarelli got screwed over by Feaster in the Iginla trade? Hell no!

Shawn Thornton whispers to Andy Ference: But we ended up with Jagr so how did Chiarelli get screwed over?

Andy Ference: Forget it the big man's on a roll...

Zdeno Chara: And it isn't over now. Cause when the going gets tough, the Bruins get going! Who's with me? Let's go!!!! * Starts heading out the locker room, then notices no one is following him. Turns around and goes back in*

Chara: WTF happened to the Bruins I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest game of our season. But instead you're going to let it be the worst game." Oh we're afraid to follow you Chara, some Hab might dive and injure one of us" Well just kiss my ass! Not me, I'm not going to back down to those Smurfs! Therrien, he's a dead man! Subban, dead. Ryder....

Tyler Seguin: ...dead. Zdeno's right. We've got to take these ******** down. In this case we have to go all out. I think this game absolute requires us to kill those slimy scum sucking Smurfs.

Zdeno Chara: And we are just the team to do it.

*Team stands up* "Let's do it!" "Let's dooooo iiiiitttt!" *Runs out of locker room onto the ice*

Oh, and **** the Habs


Forget date night. I think I'm in love.


__________________
Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing. - Ron Swanson
Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:10 PM
  #102
Lordstanley
Playoffs!
 
Lordstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loge - 4 + Sec -316
Country: United States
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORY View Post
Once again the leafs are a pain in my arse. i have nhl centre ice so i dont miss a game but no the leafs have to come and spoil my party.

and while im at it why do they call it centre ice and not center ice?
It's a french fri thingy

Lordstanley is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:15 PM
  #103
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,740
vCash: 500
This GDT is definitely worth all the effort you put into it

10/10

Chieftans22* is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:19 PM
  #104
missingchicklet
Registered User
 
missingchicklet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,050
vCash: 500
CamFan81, you flippin rock! Awesome GDT.

missingchicklet is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  #105
Goom 35
Registered User
 
Goom 35's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
LOVE the GDT! Great job CamFan81!

Should be a great game tonight. GO BRUINS!!!

Goom 35 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  #106
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD
 
FONZIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Moved to Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
This had me and my 5 & 3 year olds laughing out loud!

FONZIE is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:26 PM
  #107
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
Awesome GDT.

I actually get to watch this one. Pumped

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:26 PM
  #108
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Epic ****ing GDT!!!

Gonna need our best game of the year to win this one...let's hope we get it.

11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:32 PM
  #109
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
Greatly looking forward to seeing our penalty kill get tested within the first 12 minutes with the obligatory Montreal powerplay in the first 15 minutes of every home game.

Also, can't wait to see if they can hang on when the Habs get their usual powerplay with 4-6 minutes left in the 3rd period of any game they are losing at home.

If the B's can kill both of those 2 penalties, I like their chances.
You forgot about the power play that they will get with under two minutes to go in the third as well...

11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:36 PM
  #110
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Can we negotiate an HF treaty? No matter the result both fan bases agree to stay off the other team's forum for three days?

Oooooor, we can agree to meet in a brawl ala the Greasers and the Socs.
I was thinking it should be more like the one between the competing news teams in "Anchorman."



Last edited by 11MilesPerJohan: 04-06-2013 at 03:48 PM.
11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:39 PM
  #111
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,852
vCash: 500
Three things in life are certain.

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. The Habs will get a timely PP in the waning minutes of the game.

I hate the Habs-let's go Bruins!!!!

TCL40 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:43 PM
  #112
trudatman
Ninety Flow
 
trudatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Love&Trust, Amorica.
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
I'm getting amped up for this. let's hope the Bruins are, too.

trudatman is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:56 PM
  #113
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Love that playoff vid.. Especially the end with Neely and Chia. Cam gets so freakin' into it. I love it.

SerenityRick is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM
  #114
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,284
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
I was thinking it should be more like the one between the competing news teams in "Anchorman."

"Brick killed a guy!"

"Pandolfo scored a goal!"

Dellstrom is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:01 PM
  #115
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
^ Yes, Pandolfo is definitely the Brick of the Bruins.

11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
  #116
Lshap
Registered User
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
With a nod to General George S Patton's opening speech of the movie "Patton" and Bluto's rant in "Animal House":

Scene: Bruins locker room before the game.

Claude Julien: Be seated. Now I want you to remember this: All this stuff you may have heard about the Bruins not being able to beat the Habs is a crock of ****. The Bruins traditionally love to play the Habs. All real Bruins love beating the hell out of the Habs..... Now we have the best equipment, training and players in the league. You know I actually pity those poor mother****ers we're going to play tonight, I really do. We're not just going to beat those mother****ers we are going to destroy them. We're going to cut out their living guts and just murder those Hab ********. The Habs are our enemy. Go right at them, spill their blood, spill their guts all over the ice..... And another thing, I don't want to see any of you just standing around out there. We are going to go at them every shift and just beat the hell out them every time all the time. Now get out there and kill them dead dead dead. [Julien walks out of the room]

Silence in the room for about 5 minutes. Then:

Jay Pandolfo: The Habs dropped the big one on us in the shootout last time...its over already.

Zdeno Chara stands up: What? Over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when Chiarelli got screwed over by Feaster in the Iginla trade? Hell no!

Shawn Thornton whispers to Andy Ference: But we ended up with Jagr so how did Chiarelli get screwed over?

Andy Ference: Forget it the big man's on a roll...

Zdeno Chara: And it isn't over now. Cause when the going gets tough, the Bruins get going! Who's with me? Let's go!!!! * Starts heading out the locker room, then notices no one is following him. Turns around and goes back in*

Chara: WTF happened to the Bruins I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest game of our season. But instead you're going to let it be the worst game." Oh we're afraid to follow you Chara, some Hab might dive and injure one of us" Well just kiss my ass! Not me, I'm not going to back down to those Smurfs! Therrien, he's a dead man! Subban, dead. Ryder....

Tyler Seguin: ...dead. Zdeno's right. We've got to take these ******** down. In this case we have to go all out. I think this game absolutely requires us to kill those slimy scum sucking Smurfs.

Zdeno Chara: And we are just the team to do it.

*Team stands up* "Let's do it!" "Let's dooooo iiiiitttt!" *Runs out of locker room onto the ice*

Oh, and **** the Habs
This is really well-written stuff. I'm a fan, dude!

I'm off to the Bell Centre to watch the game and am pumped to see the cream of professional sports rivalries in two hours. Win or lose guys, let's take a moment to appreciate that you can't have classic matchups without classic opponents. I may hate the Bruins, but I'd rather watch curling than an NHL without 'em.

Lshap is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:10 PM
  #117
flannelman
default user
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lempster, NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,566
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
^ Yes, Pandolfo is definitely the Brick of the Bruins.
Do you really love the lamp, Jay?

flannelman is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  #118
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
I was thinking it should be more like the one between the competing news teams in "Anchorman."

No.

I want to punch some Habs fans in the face.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:16 PM
  #119
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,739
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Awesome GDT.

I actually get to watch this one. Pumped
How are you ?

We miss you here and at the Garden.

__________________
It's going to be a long Summer.
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:17 PM
  #120
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,739
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
This is really well-written stuff. I'm a fan, dude!

I'm off to the Bell Centre to watch the game and am pumped to see the cream of professional sports rivalries in two hours. Win or lose guys, let's take a moment to appreciate that you can't have classic matchups without classic opponents. I may hate the Bruins, but I'd rather watch curling than an NHL without 'em.
BMC is not a dude . and I feel he same about watching our two teams.


Last edited by Ladyfan: 04-06-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:19 PM
  #121
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,498
vCash: 500
We deserve the win tonight purely based on how much better our GDT is in comparison to the habs.

dredeye is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:22 PM
  #122
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Methuen, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
With a nod to General George S Patton's opening speech of the movie "Patton" and Bluto's rant in "Animal House":

Scene: Bruins locker room before the game.

Claude Julien: Be seated. Now I want you to remember this: All this stuff you may have heard about the Bruins not being able to beat the Habs is a crock of ****. The Bruins traditionally love to play the Habs. All real Bruins love beating the hell out of the Habs..... Now we have the best equipment, training and players in the league. You know I actually pity those poor mother****ers we're going to play tonight, I really do. We're not just going to beat those mother****ers we are going to destroy them. We're going to cut out their living guts and just murder those Hab ********. The Habs are our enemy. Go right at them, spill their blood, spill their guts all over the ice..... And another thing, I don't want to see any of you just standing around out there. We are going to go at them every shift and just beat the hell out them every time all the time. Now get out there and kill them dead dead dead. [Julien walks out of the room]

Silence in the room for about 5 minutes. Then:

Jay Pandolfo: The Habs dropped the big one on us in the shootout last time...its over already.

Zdeno Chara stands up: What? Over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when Chiarelli got screwed over by Feaster in the Iginla trade? Hell no!

Shawn Thornton whispers to Andy Ference: But we ended up with Jagr so how did Chiarelli get screwed over?

Andy Ference: Forget it the big man's on a roll...

Zdeno Chara: And it isn't over now. Cause when the going gets tough, the Bruins get going! Who's with me? Let's go!!!! * Starts heading out the locker room, then notices no one is following him. Turns around and goes back in*

Chara: WTF happened to the Bruins I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest game of our season. But instead you're going to let it be the worst game." Oh we're afraid to follow you Chara, some Hab might dive and injure one of us" Well just kiss my ass! Not me, I'm not going to back down to those Smurfs! Therrien, he's a dead man! Subban, dead. Ryder....

Tyler Seguin: ...dead. Zdeno's right. We've got to take these ******** down. In this case we have to go all out. I think this game absolutely requires us to kill those slimy scum sucking Smurfs.

Zdeno Chara: And we are just the team to do it.

*Team stands up* "Let's do it!" "Let's dooooo iiiiitttt!" *Runs out of locker room onto the ice*

Oh, and **** the Habs
That was the greatest thing I've ever read on this board.

Nose Face Killah is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:36 PM
  #123
BIG BAD BRUINS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Just came from Peel st Pub lots of Bruins fans!

BIG BAD BRUINS is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:40 PM
  #124
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 33,896
vCash: 50
Awards:



Bets, that's one of the best things I've ever read here!

And I've read em all.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:41 PM
  #125
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,719
vCash: 500
Fluto has committed the ultimate sin of praising Pandolfo.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.