HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH Signs Zach Budish to ELC

Old
04-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
NSH Signs Zach Budish to ELC

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1394109

Figured we could discuss here; I don't know much about him other than what one poster said in the Trade Forum thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine
Big fan of Budish. I think he's one of those guys that might actually be a better pro than a college player, even if it's carving out a career as a third liner. Big body, physical, unafraid. He's not far away from being NHL ready.
Sounds like a Preds forward. Anyone care to give an educated guess on likely peak output? Is he a Brandon Yip v2.0 or does he have more offensive upside?

Cashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:51 AM
glenngineer

He's a bigger kid than Yip. He's got real soft hands for a big man. Think Arnott in size but not afraid to use it. Doesn't have the shot he did but he's a guy that will go to the bet. I've been high on him for a long time. Power forwards will take longer to develop and since he was coming off injuries it's taken a little while for him to develop. I believe he's on his way.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

hopefully we will see a line of Beck-Wilson-Budish for the PP at sometime. That line would likely manhandle their opponents

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:39 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

We've obviously seen a shift in philosophy with Predators forwards lately going from small to mid size guys that skate well to bigger stronger players. Beck, Watson, Budish and Latta are all bigger guys.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Woooo our savior!!!

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:54 PM
MN_Gopher

Without sounding to down;

Buddish is not that great an any one aspect of the game. He has a decent shot, has soft hands for a guy his size but is not overly gifted, he has good vision, and is not affraid to play in dirty areas but does not play very physical.

Where he will find success is in his ability to play multiple roles. With a few fine tweaks he can play on lines 1-4. Coming off of two torn ACLs he has a great work ethic and could still very well add to his game. You cannot teach size, he is very tough to knock off the puck. There is not any holes in his game. Wore the C and will bring leadership.

If he can really turn up the physical play, a house in front of the net. Create some havoc on the forecheck. Play ugly, He could be a solid 2nd line guy. If he plays like a talented crafty winger he will be in Europe in two years.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Nashville Transplant

I did not see the game, but Milwaukee lost at home to Rockford 4-3 tonight, and Budish did play. He was credited with no shots and was even.

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:04 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
I did not see the game, but Milwaukee lost at home to Rockford 4-3 tonight, and Budish did play. He was credited with no shots and was even.
I did see the game. Look at MN_Gopher post 2 above. It is a good report. Budish didn't show me anything in his debut in Milwaukee. I expect improvement with time. He used to kill the Badgers when he played for the Gophers.

Paul Crowder on the other hand looked good. He had an assist and was all over the ice. It didn't look like his first game. I believe that he centered for Budish.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I did see the game. Look at MN_Gopher post 2 above. It is a good report. Budish didn't show me anything in his debut in Milwaukee. I expect improvement with time. He used to kill the Badgers when he played for the Gophers.

Paul Crowder on the other hand looked good. He had an assist and was all over the ice. It didn't look like his first game. I believe that he centered for Budish.
Paul Crowder, though, is not a prospect... he's a suspect

28 years old and has played in the AHL with Hartford, Manchester and Wilkes-Barre. Spent most of this year (and most of his pro career) in the ECHL with Wheeling.

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:24 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
Paul Crowder, though, is not a prospect... he's a suspect

28 years old and has played in the AHL with Hartford, Manchester and Wilkes-Barre. Spent most of this year (and most of his pro career) in the ECHL with Wheeling.
Sounds like another Kevin Henderson type. He showed up last year and played well from the start. Milwaukee is down to 10 healthy forwards. I don't know what happened to Austin Watson. He played Friday night, but not tonight. Milwaukee dressed 8 D-men with Valentine and Bitetto playing wings. Valentine has been looking good!

Budish did nothing for his second game for Milwaukee in a 3-0 win at Charlotte. Maybe he is a slow starter in the pros. He was very good for the Gophers!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:49 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Sounds like another Kevin Henderson type. He showed up last year and played well from the start. Milwaukee is down to 10 healthy forwards. I don't know what happened to Austin Watson. He played Friday night, but not tonight. Milwaukee dressed 8 D-men with Valentine and Bitetto playing wings. Valentine has been looking good!

Budish did nothing for his second game for Milwaukee in a 3-0 win at Charlotte. Maybe he is a slow starter in the pros. He was very good for the Gophers!
If he's playing on the lower lines with less minutes then he's not gonna show up as much. When Austin Watson, Taylor Beck etc. first arrived at Milwaukee at the end of the season they didn't really show up either.

alexmanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:44 PM
MN_Gopher

Quote:

I figured he would take a little while to get going. Maybe even a full year. His style, well in all areas great in none, will take some getting used to his linemates. His IQ is pretty good, he will pick up on tendancies and will distribute accordingly and will set up for a deflection, go to the back of the net for the cycle or sneak up to the dots when a shot is coming when he knows what his line is thinking. He will look lost if he has no feel for the game, team etc...

Best thing for him, keep it simple. He will need time to feel it out. With a guy his size he will still do some physical fine tuning. Blake Wheeler drafted at 185, left at 235 i think and now plays for the Jets at 215. Buddish was listed at 220 + his frshemen through last year and this year was listed at 214. He should fill back up to 225.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote