HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jan Bulis prefers play left wing

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Gainey RULZ

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Gainey RULZ
Jan Bulis prefers play left wing

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/art...3,439331.shtml

(in french)

Old
09-24-2003, 11:56 AM
fatmax

If my memory's right, Hossa as already play at center position and his brother once told that he didn't understand why the CH haven't try him at that position because, according to his brother (marian), Marcel is a great playmaker... so if Bulis doesn't want to play center, we could try Hossa there!!

Maybe that's what he needs? maybe it's not!

Fat

Old
09-24-2003, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax
If my memory's right, Hossa as already play at center position and his brother once told that he didn't understand why the CH haven't try him at that position because, according to his brother (marian), Marcel is a great playmaker... so if Bulis doesn't want to play center, we could try Hossa there!!

Maybe that's what he needs? maybe it's not!

Fat
Marian told my friend the same thing, it's like they (Habs) forgot he played center in Juniors...

Old
09-24-2003, 12:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Marian told my friend the same thing, it's like they (Habs) forgot he played center in Juniors...

I hope your kidding. Forgot? Lets hope our management isn't that bad, that they can't remember simple facts like Hossa playing center 3 years ago.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:15 PM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
Bulis is too important at LW anyway to play him center.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I hope your kidding. Forgot? Lets hope our management isn't that bad, that they can't remember simple facts like Hossa playing center 3 years ago.
I know, how could it be? it's seems impossible that they could have overlooked that fact, but what other explantion could there be for not at least giving him a shot, but with Hossa I think it's just a confidence thing, I don't think he knows how good he can be, he's the one player on the whole montreal team that has the best package of size and skill, but once he gets that confidence back, watch out!

I mean it's gotta be tough, he scored 5 goals in 4 games, then nothing for like 30 games, got benched a couple of times, it's gotta be tough for young player, I mean he's 21 years old, i'm older than him and I have trouble getting up for work some days, he just needs to get on a hot streak then the sky's the limit for him

Old
09-24-2003, 12:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I know, how could it be? it's seems impossible that they could have overlooked that fact, but what other explantion could there be for not at least giving him a shot, but with Hossa I think it's just a confidence thing, I don't think he knows how good he can be, he's the one player on the whole montreal team that has the best package of size and skill, but once he gets that confidence back, watch out!

I mean it's gotta be tough, he scored 5 goals in 4 games, then nothing for like 30 games, got benched a couple of times, it's gotta be tough for young player, I mean he's 21 years old, i'm older than him and I have trouble getting up for work some days, he just needs to get on a hot streak then the sky's the limit for him

That would be my thoughts as well except the part about management forgetting Hossa played center but I know what you mean, and I don't have an answer as to why they chose this move.

But I do think that Hossa has a great package of size and skill and with confidence indeed look out! His skating is impressive, but I want to see him shoot more. That shoot is so quick. He it's it off fast and it's got a lot of power behind it. Somebody make that kid shoot more!

Old
09-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Hossa was Balej center in the junior , Hossa played very very well . ( enuff to be drafted 15th overall by the Habs ) i don't know why they don't try him at his natural position

Old
09-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
True, but CJ and Gainey were not there when Hossa was drafted (by Reggy Houle on top of that if I'm not mistaken) and they only saw him play as a LW. Nonetheless, it's the job of a good coach to be able to identify each player's strengths and weaknesses and evaluate whether he belongs on the wing or at center.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
True, but CJ and Gainey were not there when Hossa was drafted (by Reggy Houle on top of that if I'm not mistaken) and they only saw him play as a LW. Nonetheless, it's the job of a good coach to be able to identify each player's strengths and weaknesses and evaluate whether he belongs on the wing or at center.

Please, like they can't ask Savard or get on the internet? Plus I would think Julien remembers Hossa from the WJC's where he was playing center.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Please, like they can't ask Savard or get on the internet? Plus I would think Julien remembers Hossa from the WJC's where he was playing center.
I'm not stupid, I'm not saying there's no way they could know, just that it's likely that nobody within the organization will push for it to happen (moving him back to center that is).

Old
09-24-2003, 05:37 PM
8b

It is a good thing that he likes left wing, it is much needed to have good left wings.

Old
09-24-2003, 07:11 PM
GilleZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8b
It is a good thing that he likes left wing, it is much needed to have good left wings.
True, since Mr. October, we did not find a respectable left wing!!!

Go Habs Go!!!

Old
09-24-2003, 07:31 PM
nilan1

Well maybe they dont think he can be good a centre in the NHL and that is why they moved him to wing just like higgins. I do agree that they should try him in some pre season games at centre or give him the full yr in Hamilton at centre.

Old
09-24-2003, 09:16 PM
tinyzombies

I think perhaps they think Hossa is not good center material because he doesn't like to carry the puck. I think in Junior he just gave it to Balej and watched him go. Hossa is always looking to get rid of the puck every time he touches it. It's annoying. The only time he hangs onto it is when he is mucking on the boards.

If he were like Koivu and was able to employ vision and creativity to gain room for himself, then I could see it. He even has more size to buy room. I just don't get it.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Top Corner2

Center is a hard position to start off your career in. Especially for big guys. Once Hossa gets used the the NHL tempo and intensity it will be much easier for him to move to Center.

At this point I imagine management wants success from him, so they are simplifying his tasks. Afterwards he may move back to center.

Closed Thread