HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie for Lundmark(Proposal)

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 04:52 AM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Comrie's value is higher than Lundmark's would adding Tjutin or a 2nd round pick be out of the question? and Comrie's a RFA(II) and I have never seen Comrie throw a temper tantrum on the ice.

I did hear he had an argument with MacT because we did not sign Carter though, as we should of had enough money to sign him(rumour). But, then again Carter was really good friends with a lot of guys in our room and I heard more than a few were upset about it(Marchant was really peeved and chastized Kevin to the media).

Old
09-25-2003, 05:01 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Comrie's value is higher than Lundmark's would adding Tjutin or a 2nd round pick be out of the question? and Comrie's a RFA(II) and I have never seen Comrie throw a temper tantrum on the ice.

I did hear he had an argument with MacT because we did not sign Carter though, as we should of had enough money to sign him(rumour). But, then again Carter was really good friends with a lot of guys in our room and I heard more than a few were upset about it(Marchant was really peeved and chastized Kevin to the media).

Yeah, Tyutin and a second would kill the deal from the Ranger POV. I don't really want any part of Comrie. He's reported to be a prima donna and bad in the lockerroom.

And with Comrie being a RFA looking for a payday with the CBA looming, I would just a soon not put myself in the bind of being saddled with Comrie's salary.

However, I could see a deal for Comrie happen especially if Lindros struggles again. Aren't Comrie's folks close with Sather?

Lundmark for York?

09-25-2003, 05:17 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Yeah, Tyutin and a second would kill the deal from the Ranger POV. I don't really want any part of Comrie. He's reported to be a prima donna and bad in the lockerroom.

And with Comrie being a RFA looking for a payday with the CBA looming, I would just a soon not put myself in the bind of being saddled with Comrie's salary.

However, I could see a deal for Comrie happen especially if Lindros struggles again. Aren't Comrie's folks close with Sather?

Lundmark for York?
Comrie's folks are close with Gretzky and almost everyone in the organization so I would assume their pretty close with Sather. The fans here love York we would not trade him straight up for Lundmark. We just got York anyways, you guys miss him that much?

P.S. I don't really see Comrie as prima madonna but if u consider him that I assure you Poti is three times worse and u took him off our hands. Comrie seems to get along with everyone in our lockerroom it's only management and coaching he has tiffs with.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:19 AM
FacelessButcher

oh yeah, it was not tjutin and a second. it was tjutin or a second. If that's out of the question than Lundmark and a 3rd for Comrie?

Old
09-25-2003, 05:22 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
All I can tell you is that some Oiler fans felt he was a selfish one-dimensional player. Plus/minus can be a very misleading statistic but Comrie was something like -16 last year for a playoff team.
Pisa was a +12 at season's end, the best on the Rangers. Edmonton wasn't a poor defensive team, which says a lot about Comrie's 2-way play.

I really don't see how anyone can argue that this is the type of player the Rangers need, especially at the expense of Lundmark.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:38 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Pisa was a +12 at season's end, the best on the Rangers. Edmonton wasn't a poor defensive team, which says a lot about Comrie's 2-way play.

I really don't see how anyone can argue that this is the type of player the Rangers need, especially at the expense of Lundmark.
Haha good for Pisa I always liked that guy, are defense was not that good last yr we had 231 goals for and 230 goals against so we had more than a few guys with a negative plus-minus.Comrie came back and went -14 after a hand injury so it's not like it's what u can regularly expect out of him but ur quite right in assuming that he will never be a candidate for the selke. I don;t know if u guys need him but he will provide a lot better value for your dollar than Lindros or Holik did last year.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Barnaby

Too bad Lindros costs so much, I would have gladly dealt him for Comrie. Comrie, Lundmark, and Carter would have made a solid 2nd line behind Nedved.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.

His -18 was mainly due to his injury, where he was rushed back, and probably shouldn't have been playing. The year before, he was +16, which led the team, I think.

If I were Edmonton, I would look somewhere else. Lundmark doesn't do anything for me, and personally, I don't think he's worth anyone near someone like Comrie. But meh, he'll probably end up proving me wrong some day.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:26 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
His -18 was mainly due to his injury, where he was rushed back, and probably shouldn't have been playing. The year before, he was +16, which led the team, I think.

If I were Edmonton, I would look somewhere else. Lundmark doesn't do anything for me, and personally, I don't think he's worth anyone near someone like Comrie. But meh, he'll probably end up proving me wrong some day.
Lowe likes him. He wanted to trade for Lundmark on draft day and I remember the initial reports of the Carter trade was that Lundmark was going the other way.

Didn't he also want to draft him instead of Rita?

Old
09-25-2003, 08:31 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Lowe likes him. He wanted to trade for Lundmark on draft day and I remember the initial reports of the Carter trade was that Lundmark was going the other way.

Didn't he also want to draft him instead of Rita?

Lowe wasn't the GM when Lundmark was drafted.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:35 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Yeah, that was stupid. Forgot Sather wasn't even here. He still likes Lundmark a lot.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:38 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
your right but he was the head coach and could of told Sather who he wanted. He does like drafting local boys though as they usually demand less money and work harder for their spot.

Old
09-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
Sure he's outproduced Lundmark in his time in the NHL but he's also 2 years older and had the benefit of NCAA coaching, not to mention being handed the type of icetime in Edmonton that Lundmark earned but wasn't given here.
I'm not going to argue all your points (even though I don't agree with all of them), but I will say that Comrie is only four months older than Lundmark.

Old
09-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
Does Comrie even want to play in NY?

IIRC, when he was a UFA, he turned down an offer from Sather (a friend of the family), and went to edm instead (where his Bro was playing till he had to retire).
Scroob,

You don't have the facts straight.

1) Comrie was never UFA. He was taken by Edmonton in the 1999 Entry Draft. They signed him on December 30, 2000, six minths before he could have invoked the Van Ryn Rule to become UFA.

2) Comrie did not "go to Edmonton instead". Glen Sather was G/M of the Oilers when they drafted Comrie and during the initial negotiations with Comrie's agent, Rich Winter. Sather ultimately departed for New York, which left the negotiations to continue with Kevin Lowe who took over as G/M. But that had nothing to do with the relationship between Sather and Mike Comrie. Slats used to dine with the Comries when Mike was just a kid. They go back many years.

3) Slats and the entire Comrie family remain tight. You have read too much into the negotiation phase. Winter was playing hardball and Slats was very concerned over the effects of Comrie's demands upon the salary structure of the remainder of the team. There was no rush for Sather to cave because he had two years from the Entry Draft within which to negotiate.

Old
09-25-2003, 01:49 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Scroob,

You don't have the facts straight.

1) Comrie was never UFA. He was taken by Edmonton in the 1999 Entry Draft. They signed him on December 30, 2000, six minths before he could have invoked the Van Ryn Rule to become UFA.

2) Comrie did not "go to Edmonton instead". Glen Sather was G/M of the Oilers when they drafted Comrie and during the initial negotiations with Comrie's agent, Rich Winter. Sather ultimately departed for New York, which left the negotiations to continue with Kevin Lowe who took over as G/M. But that had nothing to do with the relationship between Sather and Mike Comrie. Slats used to dine with the Comries when Mike was just a kid. They go back many years.

3) Slats and the entire Comrie family remain tight. You have read too much into the negotiation phase. Winter was playing hardball and Slats was very concerned over the effects of Comrie's demands upon the salary structure of the remainder of the team. There was no rush for Sather to cave because he had two years from the Entry Draft within which to negotiate.
wow, i was way off.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:56 PM
hunter orange

I don't see a Comrie/ Lundy deal happening for several reasons. The Rangers appear ready to give this guy a real, long term shot, Comrie has higher trade value, and Lowe may be looking for a more established center or defenseman in return.

If the Rangers were to sweeten the pot, so to speak, Edmonton may be tempted if Sather could address two of the Oil's needs at once. Edmonton has far to many forwards and appear ready to move someone. While Moreau is the PK sweetheart with Oil fans, he may be the one to go (3rd/4th liner with big salary).

Offer:

Comrie, Moreau ---------- for ---------- Lundmark, Tyutin

Old
09-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
wow, i was way off.
And I don't know how to spell "months".

Old
09-25-2003, 06:36 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
I don't see a Comrie/ Lundy deal happening for several reasons. The Rangers appear ready to give this guy a real, long term shot, Comrie has higher trade value, and Lowe may be looking for a more established center or defenseman in return.

If the Rangers were to sweeten the pot, so to speak, Edmonton may be tempted if Sather could address two of the Oil's needs at once. Edmonton has far to many forwards and appear ready to move someone. While Moreau is the PK sweetheart with Oil fans, he may be the one to go (3rd/4th liner with big salary).

Offer:

Comrie, Moreau ---------- for ---------- Lundmark, Tyutin
Moreau isn't worth anything, that proposal might as well be Comrie for Lundmark and Tjutin and that is just simply too much.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Barnaby

Comrie is a good player but the East can be a tougher grind and being that hes 5'2 that could really hurt his production. Id rather see us keep Jamie and try him with Eric. Tyutin aint going anywhere unless someone really overpays. Hes the one legitimate defensive prospect we have right now and Sather knows it.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:35 PM
speeds

Quote:
Moreau isn't worth anything, that proposal might as well be Comrie for Lundmark and Tjutin and that is just simply too much.
grier was worth a 2nd and a 3rd last year, I don't see how Moreau could be worth nothing.

He actually seems like a guy who would be a good fit for NYR, IMO, but they didn just sign Rucinsky and Hlavac for the LW so I'm not sure where Moreau would play, what are the Rangers projected lines looking like now?

Old
09-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
He actually seems like a guy who would be a good fit for NYR, IMO, but they didn just sign Rucinsky and Hlavac for the LW so I'm not sure where Moreau would play, what are the Rangers projected lines looking like now?
To be honest I dont know much about Moreau but if hes a good checking winger and is as good on the PK as you guys said he is then I would be more then willing to let him play to the left of Holik and Lundmark.

Grier..... wouldve been the PERFECT linemate for Holik.... he he Slats said the Rangers couldn't afford him.... oh well we did get Baranka with that 2nd......

Old
09-25-2003, 07:56 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Comrie is a good player but the East can be a tougher grind and being that hes 5'2 that could really hurt his production. Id rather see us keep Jamie and try him with Eric. Tyutin aint going anywhere unless someone really overpays. Hes the one legitimate defensive prospect we have right now and Sather knows it.
5'2, that can't be right. Gionta is 5'3 and he's a lot smaller then Comrie.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:59 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
grier was worth a 2nd and a 3rd last year, I don't see how Moreau could be worth nothing.

We don't have the luxory to be trading our two best youngsters for a checking winger we don't need and Comrie. You're asking the wrong team if you want quality and quantity prospects, specially for that return.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
5'2, that can't be right. Gionta is 5'3 and he's a lot smaller then Comrie.
I was exaggerating but the guy does look like a midget and the Eastern Conf is tougher. Against a team like Philly, NJ, or even that tough Ott defense I'd rather have someone at least a little bigger. Comrie would still be a good player but I think his points would probbaly dip a little and injuries may increase.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:27 PM
hunter orange

...Comrie to NYR looks like an impossibility. Besides, I'm more interested in a ---

Comrie and Moreau ---------- for ---------- Gomez and Martin

or

Comrie and Moreau ---------- for ---------- Stefan and Exelby

deal.

BTW, Moreau useless????

Is there another Moreau in the league that I'm unaware of, #37-#93-#27?

Closed Thread