HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks shutout Preds 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss;63470999[B
]Shaw's also 5'10" and routinely gets pushed around in front of the net on the PP[/B].. and the worst part is, because he's small, he never draws penalties for blatant cross-checks. Gotta "battle" through getting constantly dumped, I guess.
This, I hate to have to go back to this but it's the last time I can remember him being on the PP. But the one PP goal scored in the playoffs last year was because Bickell was in front of the net and scored a dirty goal. He is exactly what the PP needs but Q refuses to use him.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:01 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Was good to see that the Hawks D showed up tonight and the team looked like they did in the earlier part of the season. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
No actually I'm not. Once a coach always a coach!

I'm not complaining but I'm certainly not satisfied with the way we are playing. Preds are dam awful.
funny, when I helped out a bit all that mattered in the end was the result and getting the W. Score doesn't matter in the end, nobody will remember it and how it happened. Who cares if you were better when the other team gets the W, the trophy, the praise and the girls? The Winner gets it.

you should also show more respect to the other team and the opponent. Rinne alone is a reason why they are not awful and why they can beat us every time we play them. This guy is a monster without mistakes. I hate being disrespectful to a team that always looks decent or good against us.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:58 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
This, I hate to have to go back to this but it's the last time I can remember him being on the PP. But the one PP goal scored in the playoffs last year was because Bickell was in front of the net and scored a dirty goal. He is exactly what the PP needs but Q refuses to use him.
Yep, I remember that goal quite well.

Bickell was screening Smith, a shot came in from the left point (or just inside the left point), a rebound popped off Smith's chest, and Bickell knocked the puck out of mid-air, past Smith.

I mean, they've tried to force Stalberg in front of the net (not really what he's suited for), so I don't see what's stopping them from trying Bickell there.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:05 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
funny, when I helped out a bit all that mattered in the end was the result and getting the W. Score doesn't matter in the end, nobody will remember it and how it happened. Who cares if you were better when the other team gets the W, the trophy, the praise and the girls? The Winner gets it.

you should also show more respect to the other team and the opponent. Rinne alone is a reason why they are not awful and why they can beat us every time we play them. This guy is a monster without mistakes. I hate being disrespectful to a team that always looks decent or good against us.
I respect Rinne and the players but the hockey that Preds play is a drag on the NHL when it comes to promotion of the NHL. I coudn't imagine being a season ticket holder and witness that stifling, hang on, rely on your goalie to stand on his head every night to stay close type of hockey. And every year it's the same. It's the reason that Erat demanded to be moved. The sooner that style of hockey is gone the better, as far as I'm concerned. If they can't afford to keep up financially, perhaps its time to look for new ownership and/or relocate.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I respect Rinne and the players but the hockey that Preds play is a drag on the NHL when it comes to promotion of the NHL. I coudn't imagine being a season ticket holder and witness that stifling, hang on, rely on your goalie to stand on his head every night to stay close type of hockey. And every year it's the same. It's the reason that Erat demanded to be moved. The sooner that style of hockey is gone the better, as far as I'm concerned. If they can't afford to keep up financially, perhaps its time to look for new ownership and/or relocate.
Here here. I absolutely hate having to watch it. I am sure the players don't like it either. Just the way a team that chooses to trade away talent most years ends up playing. Kind of like and EPL feeder team.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:12 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Yep, I remember that goal quite well.

Bickell was screening Smith, a shot came in from the left point (or just inside the left point), a rebound popped off Smith's chest, and Bickell knocked the puck out of mid-air, past Smith.

I mean, they've tried to force Stalberg in front of the net (not really what he's suited for), so I don't see what's stopping them from trying Bickell there.
I agree. Stalberg isn't bad there but he isn't strong enough on his skates. When he was here, I was hoping Jimmy Hayes could be used in that role as well but apparently Q disagrees. Probably a bigger issue though is that the puck doesn't get to the front of the net often enough. The point men are too slow in getting off their shots (they love that big wind up) and one-timers from the point are rare. I also prefer the left hand shot on the right side and visa versa. All of this is obvious.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Stop hoarding all the points!

Old
04-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
We thought the Hawks were helping you guys out. It looked like Nashville was playing for a top 5 pick

Old
04-07-2013, 12:48 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I hate watching Nashville. Yawn.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I don't see your team making the POs this year. We are doing you a favor by beating you in regulation. Maybe you can draft a Monahan or Shinkaruk and they develop into a forward that can score a goal to save his life

Old
04-07-2013, 01:35 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
yea and this year its become brutally obvious that the main problem with the pp is the point men. keith and Seabrook together is brutal to watch. i didn't have center ice last year so i didn't get to see what successful pp's did, but holy crap are Keith and seabrook brutal compared to the top points.
Any PP1 unit that doesn't include Leddy on it is a massive fail in my book. Aside from having a much better (speed and accuracy) shot, Leddy might be the best player on the ENTIRE team at gaining zone entry. This is a valuable skill in and of itself, but even moreso on the PP where time is a limiting factor (quite often we have trouble even setting up our PP).

Our problems on the PP are multifold. It all starts with our difficulty in gaining and maintaining zone entry. From there our point men are utterly clueless in both A) hanging back near the blue line and B) keeping pucks in the zone. Our overall spacing, player movement, and puck movement is downright laughable. When having a one-man advantage the objective should be CREATE open passing lanes and shots (rather than hope to luckily find them)through quick movement. Once the puck gets to player X, that player should be deciding in a matter of seconds what he is going to do with the puck. If you don't have a lane then pass if off and move around. You create open lanes and shots by moving with and without the puck. Too often our players receive the puck (Kane) and dipsy-doodle without really doing anything. This allows the entire PK to shift, realign, and close lanes. Quick passing and movement without the puck leads to defensive scrambles, which leads to open teammates, shots, and driving lanes.

I briefly mentioned it in the paragraph above, but it really pisses me off when we have both our pointmen, each having difficulties in getting shots on net, lingering at the blue line. Once that puck starts moving around Keith and Seabrook need to be collapsing toward the net, being at least 7 feet closer than what they usually are. Why settle for a 30 foot blast when you can shoot from 20? Very few of the elite PP have their pointmen hang back on the blue line for the entire duration of the penalty.

Our PP is so chock full of failure it takes nearly a page to go through it all.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:46 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Any PP1 unit that doesn't include Leddy on it is a massive fail in my book. Aside from having a much better (speed and accuracy) shot, Leddy might be the best player on the ENTIRE team at gaining zone entry. This is a valuable skill in and of itself, but even moreso on the PP where time is a limiting factor (quite often we have trouble even setting up our PP).

Our problems on the PP are multifold. It all starts with our difficulty in gaining and maintaining zone entry. From there our point men are utterly clueless in both A) hanging back near the blue line and B) keeping pucks in the zone. Our overall spacing, player movement, and puck movement is downright laughable. When having a one-man advantage the objective should be CREATE open passing lanes and shots (rather than hope to luckily find them)through quick movement. Once the puck gets to player X, that player should be deciding in a matter of seconds what he is going to do with the puck. If you don't have a lane then pass if off and move around. You create open lanes and shots by moving with and without the puck. Too often our players receive the puck (Kane) and dipsy-doodle without really doing anything. This allows the entire PK to shift, realign, and close lanes. Quick passing and movement without the puck leads to defensive scrambles, which leads to open teammates, shots, and driving lanes.

I briefly mentioned it in the paragraph above, but it really pisses me off when we have both our pointmen, each having difficulties in getting shots on net, lingering at the blue line. Once that puck starts moving around Keith and Seabrook need to be collapsing toward the net, being at least 7 feet closer than what they usually are. Why settle for a 30 foot blast when you can shoot from 20? Very few of the elite PP have their pointmen hang back on the blue line for the entire duration of the penalty.

one thing that drives me ****ing crazy besides just the general ineptitude of keith and seabrook at the point is the side that they play on. it makes it impossible for them to shot one timers when the other point passes them the puck.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post

Spot. On.

Closed Thread