HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question for any Cleveland-based Jackets fans with DirecTV

Old
04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

vCash: 500
Question for any Cleveland-based Jackets fans with DirecTV

I am looking at getting DirecTV, but when I checked the "local teams" listings for my area code, I got the following:

Root Sports Pittsburgh - Penguins

Fox Sports Ohio - Cavaliers, Blue Jackets

Sports Time Ohio - Indians

Nothing about the Blue Jackets on Fox Sports Cincinnati.

My question is: if the Blue Jackets conflict with the Cavaliers or some other event on Fox Sports Ohio and is thus aired on DirecTV on Fox Sports Cincinnati, would I be able to watch the game if I subscribe to the Sports Pack (which includes FS Cinciinnati) or would it be blacked out (with no recourse to NHL Center Ice as I live in the Blue Jackets' TV territory) because it's on an "out-of-market" RSN?

I really don't want to be in a position of getting more Penguins games than I do Jackets ones.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Last night I had conflicts between both Fox Sports channels I have. Cleveland showed the Cavs. Cincinnati showed the Reds. The CBJ gave was actually made available on the Center Ice Channel even though I am not a Center Ice subscriber this year.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:32 PM
zmancartfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post

My question is: if the Blue Jackets conflict with the Cavaliers or some other event on Fox Sports Ohio and is thus aired on DirecTV on Fox Sports Cincinnati, would I be able to watch the game if I subscribe to the Sports Pack (which includes FS Cinciinnati) or would it be blacked out (with no recourse to NHL Center Ice as I live in the Blue Jackets' TV territory) because it's on an "out-of-market" RSN?

I really don't want to be in a position of getting more Penguins games than I do Jackets ones.
Yes. If you subscribe to the sports pack, you will get the FSN Cincy games unlocked when the Cavs are on the north feed. Sad thing is that we shouldn't have to pay for the sports pack, as the alternate feed should be made available to us since we are in the Jackets broadcast territory. But, alas, the folks at Directv rarely remember to flip that switch. If you have the sports pack, though, you don't have to worry about it.

By the way, it's also great during the college football season to have the sports pack. I've seen a lot of great games that way over the years. Why anyone would pay for the college football add-on is beyond me.

zmancartfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmancartfan View Post
Yes. If you subscribe to the sports pack, you will get the FSN Cincy games unlocked when the Cavs are on the north feed. Sad thing is that we shouldn't have to pay for the sports pack, as the alternate feed should be made available to us since we are in the Jackets broadcast territory. But, alas, the folks at Directv rarely remember to flip that switch. If you have the sports pack, though, you don't have to worry about it.

By the way, it's also great during the college football season to have the sports pack. I've seen a lot of great games that way over the years. Why anyone would pay for the college football add-on is beyond me.
Thanks!

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

I do not have the sports pack so I don't believe that matters. At least here in Columbus because we are given both Ohio Fox Sports channels as a standard in the package. If there is a conflict again, just give the Center Ice channels airing the game a shot. Like I mentioned in my post, it is how I saw the game Friday when both the Reds and Cavs were playing on each of the Fox Sports channels.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't know if this will help anyone, but alternate channels for FSN

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/story/c...3&feedID=10442

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Hip Czech

I had heard that the Jackets have their own channel for situations like this when the other teams are on. The only caveat was that it was in SD instead of HD. Can't remember if it was TW or DirectTV though.

Hip Czech is offline   Reply With Quote