Caron - Legit SNIPER

vCash: 500
It all turned down hill once we got rid of C.Bourque

04-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvartalnov_Fan View Post
All of this is true. No arguments there. However, what you speak of is not unique to the Bruins. Every team in the league has the same conditions as the B's. So that whole condensed schedule thing don't fly with me.
the team is contantly getting out-hit, out-hussled, out-shot, out-muscled, out-passed, out-skated and out-scored. Hell even the oppposing goalies look like gods when we play them. In my world, Mason couldn't even hold Rask's Jockstrap and yet...well...yesterday happened.
Sorry, I have faith is this team, but they are doing their best to make me lose faith.
He did say that every team is dealing with the schedule issues.

I don't have the data, nor the time to search for it, but I wonder how many other teams had a month like the Bruins just had in terms of the schedule. The schedule isn't an excuse for their play this year, but it certainly is a reason.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Brewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemispheres View Post
Wow, aren't we the optimist! Until they beat a quality opponent, I will not be on your side. Stop with the schedule crap it is getting tired. Just beat a "quality" opponent not all the crap teams that have put them in this lofty status of 2nd place in the East.
The sad thing about that statement is that it seems for the majority here, even if they do it still won't be good enough. All you have to do is look through GDT's from the cup run and you'll see what I mean.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Killer B
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewin View Post
There's nothing 'wrong' with this team. They're first in the division with games in hand. They've clinched a playoff spot. They've got the third most W's in the entire league. You can talk about how they're playing all you want, but bottom line is they're getting it done - which is all I care about. If any outsider who had no idea of the Bruins record read a lot of what gets posted on this site they'd for sure think the Bruins were a lottery team. This site is a breeding ground for complainers and that's fine - I still read it every day. But just because most think they suck doesn't make it so.

You've got to remember that with a condensed schedule like this all you're doing is travelling and playing. Practices aren't the same and it wears a body out. It's the same for every team and I'm sure there are lots of other fans screaming that their team sucks right now. Levels of play get ramped up in the playoffs and it will be no different this year. The Bruins did what they needed to do and won early this year and got themselves in a good spot. I'd much rather that than a slow start, playing hard at the end of the season only to be wore out in the playoffs or worse, fall short of making it.

2nd in the east, clinched a playoff spot, young and healthy for the most part. I'm ready for the playoffs to start and I'm sure the team will be too.

Based on the way this team has played the last few months, you're really not concerned?

Boston has a 4-5-1 record in the last 10 games. Even the game they're winning
have been ugly. This is the time of the year you want your team peaking, not
barely treading water.

I think we could get by the Sens or Habs in the playoffs, but based on the way
we're playing right now, I would be concerned playing any other team.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Brewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
Based on the way this team has played the last few months, you're really not concerned?

Boston has a 4-5-1 record in the last 10 games. Even the game they're winning
have been ugly. This is the time of the year you want your team peaking, not
barely treading water.

I think we could get by the Sens or Habs in the playoffs, but based on the way
we're playing right now, I would be concerned playing any other team.
No, I'm not. I was concerned enough over the last 30 years of being a fan. The bruins are a contender (even if only on record alone) and I'm going to enjoy it instead of worrying about the what ifs.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

Quote:
Totally agree that the schedule things is not unique to the Bruins, and I guess my point was not made clear. Let me add, the difference between the Bruins and roughly 25 other teams is that they know what it takes to win as they've done it recently. I believe (wrongly or rightly) that the team feels that the last few weeks of games just haven't meant a lot. With playoffs all but guaranteed why beat yourself up when you can use healthy bodies and depth in May a lot more than in March and April? I truly believe they'll be a different team in a week or two, and if they get bounced in the first or second round it won't be because they suck, but because the other team is better for 4 games. The effort will be there in May.
Agreed. They are technically playing for nothing right now and it can be hard to "get up" for such games. I hope you're right about May, but past experience says that falling a$$-backwards into the POs tends to end badly. Still hoping for the best.
Time will tell.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

vCash: 1582
I believe the fact that physical team (Boston, what they're known for) PLUS a condensed schedule like this season really don't mix well together. It's a lot tougher than we know.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:15 PM
hemispheres

Quote:
No, I'm not. I was concerned enough over the last 30 years of being a fan. The bruins are a contender (even if only on record alone) and I'm going to enjoy it instead of worrying about the what ifs.
I have been following this team since 68, in all but a couple of those years I always believed after a loss they would come back and win the next game. This is the first time I have not had faith in this team.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:20 PM
hemispheres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tales View Post
I believe the fact that physical team (Boston, what they're known for) PLUS a condensed schedule like this season really don't mix well together. It's a lot tougher than we know.
Most of the qoutes on this board are saying that this is not a physical team, I haven't seen it. So basicaly there like every other team, actually less physical then other contending teams.

Old
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Very interesting to hear that from you. I always tough that PC and co were so high on #46 and #17 that they would never, ever consider to trade them. Let's speculate and say that things will turn sour. Who do you think will go?
This would hurt and I still need to see the read the rest of the book as they say....but if they go out in first round and these two play poorly I can see the Bruins seriously exploring moving them.

Right up there at the top of worst things in life is not trusting a loved one. Well, in sports its not trusting the performance of your stars. Chiarelli has 'compete level' tattooed upper his forearm so you know how he feels about this and that first line is the ultimate Trick o' Treat line- which is not good.

not sure about the moveability of the contracts of these two- but they are the poster boys of this team; Bergeron line has been good to great, no complaints with the merlot line at all....Kelly and Pevs are third liners and are not the faces of the franchises- the other two are.

Lucic is going to be a tough one to move because he SHOULD bounce back big time next year but even if he does will he sustain it. Playing physical is not something that you get better at as you get older, richer, successful, and have kids....so.

I'd rather keep both you know me, but if Edmonton comes to me with Jordan Erbele and my reports are good on him, I think I do it for Lucic; certainly I can package a deal around and we can both start tossing things on the side of the scale we are in charge of until it balances to our liking.

I have a lot of Krejci stuff from my daughter, but she has withstood Sobotka so she is learning the hard reality of life...Krejci has been Krejci though, he's like a seasonal brew- and his time needs to be coming. History has shown when he comes out of his funk he is great- the time is upon us.

Krejci has a no movement to some degree but what hurts him is Soderberg and Spooner, his contract and his up and down status. Often though he played well and his highly skilled book end linemates were in cruise control. I have no idea on Krejci but can see the Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle stuff getting white hot if its one and done, or two and feeling blue.

we shall see but Yandle and Eberlee in and those two out with other folks as well would be my wild guess. I'd rather they do well though since they are homegrown and I got a bleep load of Krejci jerseys as just the starting point

Old
Brewin

But did you have faith at the beginning of the season when they were treating it up? I know I did. And they've since added Jagr, Redden, Sodeberg while getting more experience to Hamilton. They've got crazy depth and know what it takes. You're not wrong for not having faith right now, but all it takes is a couple of W's to change that...

Old
04-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Killer B
Honey Badger

Quote:
I have been following this team since 68, in all but a couple of those years I always believed after a loss they would come back and win the next game. This is the first time I have not had faith in this team.

I'm with you Hemi... Fan since the first time I watched Orr play in 1970... Over the years I've seen the good and the bad and everything in between (and been a die hard fan through it all). This is a team team that has all the talent in the world, yet is missing something.

Could they turn it around and win it all? My heart says YES, but my brain says not gonna happen...

Old
04-24-2013, 12:25 PM
hemispheres

Quote:
But did you have faith at the beginning of the season when they were treating it up? I know I did. And they've since added Jagr, Redden, Sodeberg while getting more experience to Hamilton. They've got crazy depth and know what it takes. You're not wrong for not having faith right now, but all it takes is a couple of W's to change that...
The faith will come back very easily and I will always be a fan hopeing for the best.Thought Redden looked good, missed the games over the weekend so I saw Sodderberg for the first time last night, looked good.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Langlois
Just B 4 Orr

If I've learned anything about this time of year it's that the regular season means nothing in the playoffs. Sure we'd all be more excited and hopeful if the B's were closing out games well and avoiding losing to non playoff teams but so what? This is a very talented team that knows very well what it takes to win it and except for Horton appears healthy for the most part. The Kings are defending Champions-finished 8th in their division last year and I suppose few picked them to win. Relax, enjoy, and avoid the trap of deciding the Bruins fate before they even start. I have seen three Bruins' Cups in my lifetime and I'm not predicting a fourth just yet but what I do promise is that I will enjoy the season as it plays out and won't think about next year until after the season.

Last edited by Langlois: 04-24-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old
04-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Lately, the problems are a lack of scoring despite plenty of chances, poor PK allowing 2 goals per game and for yesterday and against Pittsburgh, poor goaltending.

And as much as people like to cry about Horton doing nothing and wishing the Bruins won't sign him this summer, the Bruins are 1-2-0 this year without him with the only win against the worst team in the league. Remember how last year went after his injury?

Hopefully, he can come back soon. As well as the winning ways.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Really? I've been watching since '88 and probably for about a third of those years, I haven't had confidence in the team to bounce back after a loss. What's so special about this season as compared to last 45?

Old
04-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Lucic is going to be a tough one to move because he SHOULD bounce back big time next year but even if he does will he sustain it. Playing physical is not something that you get better at as you get older, richer, successful, and have kids....so.
Then... Do you think that 6 per extension was a mistake from Chiarelli?

Last edited by Latrappe: 04-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old
04-24-2013, 01:02 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Then... Do you think that 6 per extension was a mistake from Chiarelli?
Today yes; but logically with 25 goal/ goal every third game average and the physical I'd award him in arbitration 5ish so it's more than he warrants but really to me only 500,000 to a mil. I wouldn't give a crap if he could give me 20-something goals 50+ points and a **** load of heavy hits and half dozen UNSTAGED bleep you fights. I'm not demanding second coming of Cam Neely or even Rick Tocchet but this guy needs to care 24/7 not just when he is on the ice

Old
04-24-2013, 01:05 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

they are not getting timely anything right now.

PK is struggling at the worst possible times.

Our goalies are giving up softies when we can least afford them.

our pp....well this one needs no explanation

offense cant come up with a big goal to save their lives, and when they do (krejci last night) the immediately hand any momentum right back (redden debacle)

no one is having a great season. (maybe paille) a few key players are having brutal seasons. chara lucic most notably and other parts are having awful seasons peverly kelly mcquaid boychuk horton.

the coaching staff is having a bad season as well. claude has his head up his ass. the pp coach (who shall not be named) has literally done everything possible to get fired yet continues to have a job.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Problem is the guys here seem like they aren't even trying...their effort sucks. I can appreciate not worrying about what ifs, but what will this team have to do in the play-offs for you to consider it a success..?

Old
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
cashman rules*

Can Julian and can him now!

Old
04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
I'm with you Hemi... Fan since the first time I watched Orr play in 1970... Over the years I've seen the good and the bad and everything in between (and been a die hard fan through it all). This is a team team that has all the talent in the world, yet is missing something.

Could they turn it around and win it all? My heart says YES, but my brain says not gonna happen...
I like this post. the fan in all of us says "sure they can" , but what you see tells you much differently... Kinda like when you hope a bad relationship is going to turn around but you just know deep down it's not gonna happen..

Old
04-24-2013, 01:13 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

This team is playing a boring, uninterested, uninspired, sackless brand of hockey right now. They lack any consistent offense, aren't executing on defense, and will be lucky if they don't get blown out of the playoffs in the first round. Now all that being said, they've got enough talent and depth to make a decent run, the big question is whether they have the heart and desire. So far this season the answer is no. Time will tell how that translates to the playoffs.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
This team is playing a boring, uninterested, uninspired, sackless brand of hockey right now. They lack any consistent offense, aren't executing on defense, and will be lucky if they don't get blown out of the playoffs in the first round. Now all that being said, they've got enough talent and depth to make a decent run, the big question is whether they have the heart and desire. So far this season the answer is no. Time will tell how that translates to the playoffs.
But, ya gotta love our chances!

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Don't become Boston Weak: Try, then fry, Joker.
Old
04-24-2013, 01:19 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
But, ya gotta love our chances!

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't rush out to Vegas to lay some money down on it happening...

Closed Thread