What is REALLY wrong?

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Neely08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
Well said. The 6 million dollar man is gonna get even more heat. Hope he can handle it.
Part of me hopes he's dealt it will be HYSTERICAL. Hey, I finally saw a cup. Deal him to the Ducks. Give him a center like Getzlaf, a wing like Perry? He probably pots 35, and while terrorizing the league on a more uptempo north south line. He wont be buried on the perimeter holding that line's hand. Meanwhile, we'll sit around here wondering why Bobby Ryan can't get off the perimeter and score. That's even if you have someone else that can supply the grit Krejci needs on his other wing.

He can take the heat on the ice, that's for sure. That's the 3rd guy I've seen line up Lucic from 15 feet, then get helped off the ice w/ a shattered soul.

Yeah, lets get rid of him. He's clearly the issue. Well, only if you double barrel bathsalts, then watch Bruins games w/ Krejci and Horton's beanbags blocking your view.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Lost Horizons
On the warpath

What they really need is not to have a first line of three notorious "show up when I want to players". That's a formula for a loss.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Buy out Lucic? Weren't you saying that a/b Bergeron just a few years ago? I just skimmed the Seguin part, he going on waivers, or what?

I do see progress though, I see you finally figured out our tenders don't receive enough goal support. That only took you, what? 4 years? Weren't you the guy that also wanted to trade Thomas every 5 minutes? Just keep throwing those darts there, latrappe. One of these days you'll hit a bulls eye.

You people want Lucic to play a more uptempo game? Well, that's never going to happen playing w/ David Krejci. He's just not an uptempo center. Lucic has been pigeonholed into a role on that line, b/c apparently no one else can do it. Why is Lucic on that line in the first place? B/c Krejci would hardly touch the puck in the offensive zone w/o him. You need speed on that line to offset what DK and Lucic do not have. Until that happens, expect more of the same, interrupted occasionally by Horton successfully hitting a wide open net on the 4th try.

Horton is allowed to bang home gimmies once in a while, and he's Mike Bossy around here. That guy equates to a flat tire in the mud on that line. Lucic is a turnover machine? Straight jacket get itchy at the moment DK sent Montreal on a 2 on 1 last night? Horton in his own zone? He's like a reset button for the opposing offense. He never turns it over simply b/c he can never get the puck in the first place. No pass is perfect or flat enough for this guy. Btw, Lucic is also the only guy on that line who can actually take the puck from opposing players, and make something happen. Yeah, buy him out. As if Ryder killing us isn't embarrassing enough. Some of you can't wait to watch the B's get used as ass paper again.

Btw, Chia did go out and get Julien a finisher. You may have noticed him hopelessly spinning his gears on a line w/ Paille and Campbell. Holy ****.
You should read the thread again because... for the most part, i was answering a post (#31) from another poster but i'm glad that you were able to vent a little bit. By the way, i never ask to buyout Bergeron...

Old
04-07-2013, 02:54 PM
mich25

So I guess in practice today Seguin was skating on the 3rd line with Paille, Kelley and Pandolfo...and Campbell.....was skating with Marchand and Jagr....

Old
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
So I guess in practice today Seguin was skating on the 3rd line with Paille, Kelley and Pandolfo...and Campbell.....was skating with Marchand and Jagr....
Lol he took my advice.

Three 4th lines is better than one...Clode.

He is such a buffoon.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Maybe if the Bruins had a couple guys who could score goals, and a couple guys who can hit, and maybe another top 9 forward who actually fought once in awhile everything would not fall on Lucic.

Get some higher end talent in here. Don't pay your 3rd line 9 million, or your 4th line 4 million.

The third line is the culprit here. Even when Kelly was around, THEY DO NOTHING. They are counted on and PAID to contribute scoring...not put up a minus every game and get blanked...

Lucic's prorated stats...

82gp, 11-39-50 .... +11 .... 7 fights .... 271 hits ..... 135 PIM.

Everything is at or better then it normally is....except goal scoring...which could turnaround in a few games...

A guy like Seguin who is only asked to put up points, is at 27-32-59 which is pathetic for a guy in his third season that is 'posed to be a future elite scorer. Awful.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:59 PM
mich25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Lol he took my advice.

Three 4th lines is better than one...Clode.

He is such a buffoon.
Lol. Seriously he's just clueless when it comes to offense. I mean how hard is it to move Horton or Lucic? What is the problem....He doesn't want to break up the love affair between Horton and Lucic or something?

Old
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Like playing seguin at center, playing a new guy straight through a 2 min pp, shuffling lines, and scratching healty top 9 players, rewarding third/fourth line players with top line minutes, rolling rookies out in on the pp in their first games?
He's playing seguin at center cause he has no other choice lol, I'm sure he'd love to stick Campbell there though. Benching peverly once and demoting lucic for a period is not nearly enough. When lucic was actually on the 3rd line he played with some fire and actually scored a good goal, and then Clode puts him right back on the top line and lucic goes right back to his old self.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Lol. Seriously he's just clueless when it comes to offense. I mean how hard is it to move Horton or Lucic? What is the problem....He doesn't want to break up the love affair between Horton and Lucic or something?
Maybe, much like Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin a couple weeks ago, he doesn't want to break up the one line that's been getting chances the past few games.

Odd that most people had no problem with keeping that line together, but so desperately want LKH broken up at all costs.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
mich25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Maybe, much like Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin a couple weeks ago, he doesn't want to break up the one line that's been getting chances the past few games.

Odd that most people had no problem with keeping that line together, but so desperately want LKH broken up at all costs.
They had no shots on goal through 2 periods yesterday....

Old
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Danton Heineken
Unlimited Pasta Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Maybe if the Bruins had a couple guys who could score goals, and a couple guys who can hit, and maybe another top 9 forward who actually fought once in awhile everything would not fall on Lucic.

Get some higher end talent in here. Don't pay your 3rd line 9 million, or your 4th line 4 million.

The third line is the culprit here. Even when Kelly was around, THEY DO NOTHING. They are counted on and PAID to contribute scoring...not put up a minus every game and get blanked...

Lucic's prorated stats...

82gp, 11-39-50 .... +11 .... 7 fights .... 271 hits ..... 135 PIM.

Everything is at or better then it normally is....except goal scoring...which could turnaround in a few games...

A guy like Seguin who is only asked to put up points, is at 27-32-59 which is pathetic for a guy in his third season that is 'posed to be a future elite scorer. Awful.
Last time the Bruins had a PPG player was Marc Savard in 2008-09 with 88 points. Since then, nobody has even gotten 70 points.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
They had no shots on goal through 2 periods yesterday....
Horton had both of his shots in the second period. That doesn't include the tip at the open net, but that was a chance.

Horton had 4 goals in the previous four games. Krejci has come out blazing with the A on his chest the past two games. They've played well the last few games.

I'm not excusing their overall play this season, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be broken up, even though they've played well. But if that excuse worked for Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin, it should be considered for LKH, imo.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:40 PM
since76

Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
--
The way you talk about other individual makes look way more INTELLIGENT than others. You also give the impression of being really respectful of others.
Really ???
i just think that put the 4th line on the ice EVERYTIME we lose by one goal at the end of game and put Jagr with 2 players who can't score, don't put seguin on 5 on 5 is STUPID, no need to be brillant to understand that
Clode is one of the best coach in the league to put a system on place
BUT to adjust during a game is is simply an idiot
he is outcoached 95% of the time during a game
when he decide something he will continue to do it again and again and again even if that don't work at all
it is TIME to give this team to someone with much more in game intelligence

Old
04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
since76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Since were neutering Jagr by playing him with 2 fourth liners.

Why not continue the trend, and let Seguin play with Dogman and pandolfo?
Marchand with Pevs and Thornton?

Makes about as much sense.

Then we have 3 4th lines instead of 1. Genius!!!

We may never score another goal again, but we will only lose every game by 1-2 goals.

LKH
Marchand Peverly-Thornton
Seguin-Dogman-Pandolfo
Paille-Soup-Jager

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clode will read your post and immidiatly do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he dream to have 4 , 4th line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it will be all your fault to give him this thought !!!!!

Old
04-07-2013, 03:45 PM
BklyNBruiN

I am telling you they need separate Horton and Lucic.. Horton is ruining Lucic.. awful.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:46 PM
since76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1993 View Post
I can tell you the problem.
The problem is our bad coaching decisions. clode jullien has not been up to par lately. We would have atleast a few more wins if he would have not even played pandolfo. and playing Bartowski isnt a good idea either. Playing Jagr with campbel and paille...really?

Old
04-07-2013, 03:53 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Horton had both of his shots in the second period. That doesn't include the tip at the open net, but that was a chance.

Horton had 4 goals in the previous four games. Krejci has come out blazing with the A on his chest the past two games. They've played well the last few games.

I'm not excusing their overall play this season, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be broken up, even though they've played well. But if that excuse worked for Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin, it should be considered for LKH, imo.
that's before Jagr came to town.

Why acquire him if you aren't going to mix things up in an effort to generate offense.

Horton is a garbage goal scorer at this point.. a "sniper" he is not.. let him take credit and bury Kelly and Peverly's chances on the 3rd line.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
mobileusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Don't wish to question what you said, but it's really hard to believe that you've never felt the same before about how the Bruins have played. This team, or more correctly this general team with the group of players who have been together now for a few years, has had these frustrating periods every Season. Nothing new here; we can only hope that they find the right groove in the Playoffs, but in all seriousness the odds are always not that good. Everything just has to come together right, regardless of whether it's the Bruins are any other team; we're in the League of parity. No matter how frustrating it can be at times, when your team isn't playing as well as you think they can, it's still enjoyable hockey (well except that it's NEVER enjoyable hockey when the Bruins lose to the Canadiens!).

Now, all of that said, I think that part of the problem with the Bruins, and this has existed for quite some time, is that the team really has very little of what can be considered "elite" offensive talent. As a group, when they're clicking, the offense can be as good as any in the League, but to get that requires a lot of effort as well as luck... effort coming from both Julien and the players. But not only do those guys have to be clicking, but they have to really put a total effort into it. The thing is though, that like anyone, that continual constant high-level effort isn't always there, and it isn't always so easy to conjure it up at any moment you want it.

This is a team that really needs a great coach, and I think that Julien has proven that he is. If he hasn't been able to do it constantly, then I just think it's beyond his or any coach's capacity to do it. He, as the fans, and the players, have to live with the ups and downs of a team like the Bruins. I think they've given us a fair bit of "ups", I can live with the downs ocassionally... Just for christ sake, don't lose to the Canadiens!
Yep, it is true, believe it...and no, it is not "enjoyable hockey" when a team doesn't play to their potential...win or lose

Old
04-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Duguay
Stay at home Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
They could win the next 6 in row, but if they go and lose to Pittsburgh again right after that, what does it all matter?
I know, why even play these remaining games because we are killing the world with pollution right now and we're going to get hit by an asteroid that will take us all out anyway.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Duguay
Stay at home Forward

This thread will either drown in tears, or the Bruins will win a few games and everyone will get carried away in euphoria.

Bruins fans don't cry.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Daniel Plainview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay2 View Post
I know, why even play these remaining games because we are killing the world with pollution right now and we're going to get hit by an asteroid that will take us all out anyway.
There are better ways to dry your underwear than waving it on a stick

Old
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Who are you thinking? Marchand? Boychuck?
Well from where I sit...Ference, Seids, Marchy and Johnny B. Also maybe Looch but he doesn't complain about it on the bench. I just remember when he had a broken toe and nobody knew but many here were crapping all over him.

If the guy is playing they are not going to announce that they are playing hurt until after the season is over.

I guess it is expected with all of the games. This time of year you can smell that stuff (like bengay) really strong when they pass by us.

Last edited by Ladyfan: 04-07-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Duguay
Stay at home Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
There are better ways to dry your underwear than waving it on a stick
good one

Old
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
The answer is NOT to trade Lucic.

Power forwards take a loooooong time to develop. In a couple years I think we'll be more than OK with his contract and he'll continue to take the BBB mantle from Chara.
I agree. There are 29 teams that would love to have Looch .

Old
04-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
that's before Jagr came to town.

Why acquire him if you aren't going to mix things up in an effort to generate offense.

Horton is a garbage goal scorer at this point.. a "sniper" he is not.. let him take credit and bury Kelly and Peverly's chances on the 3rd line.
Really, I agree with you. I just don't like the sentiment that Claude doesn't know anything about offense. Too many people are complaining without thinking about why certain decisions are made.

Closed Thread