Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins 2013 Injury Thread ‎II

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 08:43 PM
jagrgodr

vCash: 500
Jagr blocked a shot late in OT. The shot hit his foot/skate and he almost immediately skated to the bench in pain, but saw that he was needed on defense and tried playing it out . I was surprised the announcers missed it actually, he looked kind of hurt off the block shot. He didn't miss his next shift and looked fine, but his next shift he was out and seguin scored the goal. I didn't see him on the ice during the hand shake so i'm hoping he isn't injured.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
rangers fans big time sweating the bad karma (for them) resulting from Redden and Jagr going back to MSG against their old team...

This story line never occured to me.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Bergeron Knows Best

We still have forward depth; didn't Thornton used to play D? Would it be a better move to put Thornton back on D, and put in Soderberg? That D line is not playoff worthy...

Old
05-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post

This story line never occured to me.
It's the curse of the Rangers. Former players always seem to put the hurt on us. This scenario is doubly special. Jags is Jags, so there's always a healthy respect there.

Then there's the whole (unfortunate) Redden situation with being placed on waivers when he clearly wanted and deserved a chance with another team and then the buyout and revised CBA "Redden/Gomez rule", not to mention all our "The Good, The Bad, and The Redden" post-game threads... He's gonna score some super clutch goals on us. We can feel this coming. It is known.

Old
05-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Bmessy

I'm taking a slight positive out of how Seidenberg was on the bench briefly in the 2nd to atleast try to get out there. Could have been worse, say he couldn't even put weight on it.
Put Johnson in, his regular season games impressed me a bit. Hope the Seidenberg and/or Redden will be back soon..

Old
05-15-2013, 08:17 AM
BruinFanSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
I'm taking a slight positive out of how Seidenberg was on the bench briefly in the 2nd to atleast try to get out there. Could have been worse, say he couldn't even put weight on it.
Put Johnson in, his regular season games impressed me a bit. Hope the Seidenberg and/or Redden will be back soon..
What makes me feel okay is the physical play we saw out of Hamilton and Bartowski.. a little bit of "mean" in them... I say put Johnson in - 3 rookie defensemen scares me.

Old
05-15-2013, 08:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
rangers fans big time sweating the bad karma (for them) resulting from Redden and Jagr going back to MSG against their old team...

How the fans feel and what the players think are two separate things, pretty sure there isn`t one player in the Rags dressing room worried or thinking about either

Old
05-15-2013, 08:44 AM
j44thor

Has there been any discussion as to why Lucic was taking draws in the 3rd (2-2) instead of Krejci who had been very good at the dot (9-5) up until that point?

I'm wondering if he has a hand or wrist injury that they were trying to cover for.

Old
05-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by j44thor View Post
Has there been any discussion as to why Lucic was taking draws in the 3rd (2-2) instead of Krejci who had been very good at the dot (9-5) up until that point?

I'm wondering if he has a hand or wrist injury that they were trying to cover for.
I was really surprised as well, but I think it was just to get a left-hand shot taking it on the left side. I'm surprised at how much confidence they showed in Lucic to do that, but he did a good job. I think it probably had to do with how bad the Leafs are on the draws without Bozak. And I believe Looch only took draws in the offensive zone, so less pressure on him.

Old
05-15-2013, 09:54 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:

Any chance that sometimes it's the decoy thing that everyone else is doing?

Old
05-15-2013, 10:42 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I was really surprised as well, but I think it was just to get a left-hand shot taking it on the left side. I'm surprised at how much confidence they showed in Lucic to do that, but he did a good job. I think it probably had to do with how bad the Leafs are on the draws without Bozak. And I believe Looch only took draws in the offensive zone, so less pressure on him.
My guess is it was the left shot issue-Looch is actually pretty good at draws.

Also the Bruins will often game the linesmen by sending in a non center to get some added rest-may have been some of that at work.

Doubt Krejci is injured but if he is they won't leak a word about it until the Bruins are done in the playoffs.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:08 AM
corpfan1

He seemed to mainly take them against McClement...wonder if it is a strength thing.

Quote:

Old
05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
corpfan1

Jagr was already 10 minutes into his post-game workout by the hand shake. He is a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Jagr blocked a shot late in OT. The shot hit his foot/skate and he almost immediately skated to the bench in pain, but saw that he was needed on defense and tried playing it out . I was surprised the announcers missed it actually, he looked kind of hurt off the block shot. He didn't miss his next shift and looked fine, but his next shift he was out and seguin scored the goal. I didn't see him on the ice during the hand shake so i'm hoping he isn't injured.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:31 AM
nycbruins*

Johnson seems to have gotten lost in the mix through no fault of his own. He didn't play during the lockout & the defense stayed very healthy all season. So now there are injuries, but you have this guy who has played 12 games combined all season long. And then you have guys like Bartkowski & Krug who have been playing in Providence all season, including recent intense AHL playoff games.

In an ideal world, Johnson steps in because I like him, but I don't know how a guy who has barely played all season will fare in the 2nd round of NHL playoffs.

It's a tough call.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:57 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
How the fans feel and what the players think are two separate things, pretty sure there isn`t one player in the Rags dressing room worried or thinking about either
I hope they (the players) don't worry or think about either...yes indeed...

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Voted "Most sarcastic man on Earth" by GloryDaze4877. So Proud.
Old
05-15-2013, 12:26 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Has their been any indication that Seidenberg may be able to come back for any part of this series? All I have seen is that they haven't disclosed the injury, except to say it is lower body and that he did not skate today. I feel very uneasy about our defense right now. If under any circumstance Krug has to play, I might cry.

Ah, just saw in another thread he was seen walking "normally" into TD garden. Whatever that means, I'll take it

Old
05-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
He didn't miss his next shift and looked fine, but his next shift he was out and seguin scored the goal.
Seguin wishes.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:50 PM
bruins repeat time

We need seids back we can live without Andy but im really hoping seids is at the very worst back by game 3. I honestly thought he was done for yr when he couldn't get back out there game 7. The fact I haven't heard that makes me very happy but who knows we will see when he is back. Just so we are clear Andy really hurts as well but its not a death blow where as I think andy added to seids might be.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:54 PM
bruins repeat time

Between Johnson and krug I would give Johnson the first shot but wouldn't hesitate to change it up.

Old
05-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Mione134
Queen in the North

I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think Redden is injured persay. He was talking on NHL live and sounded extremely congested. It sounded like the flu honestly. I kind of hope its that rather than an injury because our d is pretty depleated.

Old
05-15-2013, 07:23 PM
GloveSave1
44 Forever

If need be...I better not see Krug in the line-up before Johnson. I don't care the last time he played, in that situation.

I've been thrilled with the composure of Hamilton and esspecially Bart in the pinch. That being said, id imagine the Rangers are a tougher assignment for a young rookie defenseman.

It would be great to see Hamilton safely on pair 3, but that might not be in the cards. My guess is that Redden will gut it out, but need to be sheltered mins on pair 3. So, after stepping up against the Leafs, I'm going to fully trust the kids on the 2nd pair. This allows us to put McQuaid and Boychuk in good comfy spots.

Z/Boychuk
Hamilton/Bart
McQuaid/Redden

Old
05-16-2013, 09:57 AM
sooshii
SISU

Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto 9m

Brad Marchand leaves skate. In pain. No contact, looked like he pulled something.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Spoked-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post

Brad Marchand leaves skate. In pain. No contact, looked like he pulled something.
He was already struggling out there, so hope they don't force it. Would really like to see Pie w/ Bergy & Seguin, and can slot Daugs in Pie's place w/o missing a beat (IMHO).

Old
05-16-2013, 10:07 AM
bossfan

Quote:

Uh Oh. But Bruins have been playing with an invisible Marchand anyhow but even still the injury bug is starting to add up.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:08 AM
TCL40

Quote:

Crap.

Bruins are dropping like flies.

Yeti or Daugavins if Marchand can't go?

Also looks like it is going to be the three rookies on defense tonight-none of Redden, Seids or Ference skating today.

Closed Thread