Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2013, 12:21 PM
HortonHearsAWoo
In the pipe, 5-on-5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
No it wasn't. Kelly's was the tibia or shin bone. The fibula is the calf bone and the end of it makes up your ankle joint.

This is best case scenario. Smaller bone, heals faster. Depending where it broke, He may not need surgery. if he does, it could be screws and a plate or just pins and then it's a cast until stitches come out then a walking boot for 6-10 weeks.
Incorrect. Both bones have the same rate of healing.

Although a tibia fracture has to be surgically repaired and a fibula fracture doesn't always, 6-10 weeks is the normal healing time for both injuries. And actually the tibia is statistically more likely to be the bone affected with a broken leg. Also, fractures of either bone that are closer to the knee are less likely to have complications as opposed to near the ankle, which Campbell's obviously was.

Old
06-06-2013, 12:37 PM
DaveFromNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
Someone keeps saying Krecji was hurt in OT.
Any one confirm ?

Also kudos to Campbell.
He must have been in incredible pain.
Sure it looked like he didn't do much while he was out there, but
the took up shooting and passing lanes.

Get well.
He had a stinger (shot off the leg) at some point, but he played the shift before the goal.

Old
06-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFromNB View Post
He had a stinger (shot off the leg) at some point, but he played the shift before the goal.
Didn't he also get an elbow in the mouth from Engelland too?

I am Boston Strong

Old
06-06-2013, 02:08 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
He took a big hit but came back after
I also was wondering about that. Thanks for the info.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:40 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Didn't he also get an elbow in the mouth from Engelland too?
here is what happened to DK last night- he got wamped down the end by the Penguins bench in the first period and came to the bench and seemed dazed and in a lot of pain. Lucic was next to him and was spending as much time looking at DK as the play on the ice. About 30 seconds to a minute later the trainer came over and got in back of David and they both got up and went down the runway, He came back within a minute or so. I did not see the cause but picked it up a second after he went to his knees on the ice.

The second overtime late, very late he was hit in the skate from about 10 feet away if not closer and a hard shot and you could hear it- he was in a lot of pain and went to the bench. Again, he was bent over at a 90 degree angle and all you could see was the crown of his helmet. He got out for his next shift and didnt not appear to skate all that well and about 15 seconds in as the play headed down the ice, he cut across from the far side of his own zone and waved to the bench to get the next center out there; yikes...but he did go back out for the next shift which was the one before the goal, however, I did not focus on him so cant comment on his play. After the OT goal he was the last person to make it back and had the Krejci smile-irk and gave Tuukka a pat on the head and proceeded to disappear down the runway.

If Krejci is healthy and brings his A game Friday that is huge if he is feeling it could be a major problem. What I'd like to see a win, Krejci play well, and get minimum 5 days off before finals.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:35 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
here is what happened to DK last night- he got wamped down the end by the Penguins bench in the first period and came to the bench and seemed dazed and in a lot of pain. Lucic was next to him and was spending as much time looking at DK as the play on the ice. About 30 seconds to a minute later the trainer came over and got in back of David and they both got up and went down the runway, He came back within a minute or so. I did not see the cause but picked it up a second after he went to his knees on the ice.

The second overtime late, very late he was hit in the skate from about 10 feet away if not closer and a hard shot and you could hear it- he was in a lot of pain and went to the bench. Again, he was bent over at a 90 degree angle and all you could see was the crown of his helmet. He got out for his next shift and didnt not appear to skate all that well and about 15 seconds in as the play headed down the ice, he cut across from the far side of his own zone and waved to the bench to get the next center out there; yikes...but he did go back out for the next shift which was the one before the goal, however, I did not focus on him so cant comment on his play. After the OT goal he was the last person to make it back and had the Krejci smile-irk and gave Tuukka a pat on the head and proceeded to disappear down the runway.

If Krejci is healthy and brings his A game Friday that is huge if he is feeling it could be a major problem. What I'd like to see a win, Krejci play well, and get minimum 5 days off before finals.
And then all we have to worry about is the possibility of playing Mike Richards in the finals

Old
06-06-2013, 09:15 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Thanks for the detailed presentation of what you saw. Doesn't sound all that good, TBH, but at the same time there are probably lots of skating wounded in these Playoffs as in all. Hopefully DK can play as well as needed in order to help finish off Pit sooner rather than later.

Old
06-07-2013, 08:46 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Thanks for the detailed presentation of what you saw. Doesn't sound all that good, TBH, but at the same time there are probably lots of skating wounded in these Playoffs as in all. Hopefully DK can play as well as needed in order to help finish off Pit sooner rather than later.
I think DK will bring his A game tonight

Old
06-07-2013, 09:01 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
And then all we have to worry about is the possibility of playing Mike Richards in the finals
Richards is out with a concussion I believe.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:29 PM
sooshii
Believe in Boston

From the B's site:
Quote:
Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, June 11, that Gregory Campbell underwent successful surgery to repair his broken right fibula on Monday, June 10.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Yeti34

Horton news????

Old
06-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Mad-Marcus

Looks to me based on what I saw both last night and in his fight with Iginla, that his shoulder popped out of socket. He tried to push the hawks defenseman without a lot of leverage and immediately was in pain and brought his arms down.
If I'm correct he'll be dealing with this until he gets it surgically repaired . This makes his payday a lot cloudier. It may get us a hometown discount if we still want him.

It's too bad he had been playing well, except for the first goal last night. a perfect example of how lazy he can be in his own end.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:45 AM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Listening to The Fan 590 this morning, they mentioned a suspected shoulder injury, but he was able to put on his suit jacket with ease - no wincing.

I know this sounds more like TMZ, but we aren't going to get much at this point.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Mad-Marcus

Could be a torn rotator as well. I have had a slight one for 2 years and I'm fine unless I do something at just the wrong angle. He may be back in as they have shoulder bracing that he could wear, it would just restrict certain movements.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:26 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Marcus View Post
Could be a torn rotator as well. I have had a slight one for 2 years and I'm fine unless I do something at just the wrong angle. He may be back in as they have shoulder bracing that he could wear, it would just restrict certain movements.
Wouldn't that basically prohibit him from raising his arm though?

Old
06-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
You tape it down and take a pain-killer. Hopefully, we win in regulation so it doesn't wear off.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Shoot it up and go.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Marcus View Post
Looks to me based on what I saw both last night and in his fight with Iginla, that his shoulder popped out of socket. He tried to push the hawks defenseman without a lot of leverage and immediately was in pain and brought his arms down.
If I'm correct he'll be dealing with this until he gets it surgically repaired . This makes his payday a lot cloudier. It may get us a hometown discount if we still want him.

It's too bad he had been playing well, except for the first goal last night. a perfect example of how lazy he can be in his own end.
the possible silver lining. also, I truly believe that Seguin will flourish on the top line. He's been skating hard, but is with the black hole that is Rich Peverley. I'm hoping that Claude brings in Soderberg to center that third line now; but expect that he'll probably go safe and use Pandolfo or Caron.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:44 AM
patty59

dregger says injury isn't as bad as it looked, but Horton is doubtful for G2

Old
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
dregger says injury isn't as bad as it looked, but Horton is doubtful for G2
I think we all suspect that it isn't such a small thing either, and it certainly didn't happened last night. The thing is, can he play through it. It's probably good that he'll be sitting out next game, because rest assured the Blackhawks will be keying on him as soon as they can. A solid hit and he'll probably be out of the series, period.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
ez42x10
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 800
Quote:
It's ok - we won't be raising the Cup after game 2 anyway.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:39 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez42x10 View Post
It's ok - we won't be raising the Cup after game 2 anyway.
Touche

Old
06-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Paddington

Hopefully Horton will only miss game 2 (at most).

Now that Soupy had his surgery slap some duct tape on him and he's good to go.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:45 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER View Post
Listening to The Fan 590 this morning, they mentioned a suspected shoulder injury, but he was able to put on his suit jacket with ease - no wincing.

I know this sounds more like TMZ, but we aren't going to get much at this point.
Claude will likely put him down as a game time decision.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Hazi

Quote:
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 1m

More from Coach on Horton: fingers crossed at the end of the day that he's back for next game ^CS
Says he's day to day.

Closed Thread