HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #37 St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings//The I'm not even gonna be awake edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2013, 02:34 PM
  #376
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,575
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
Is a 50 point pace, "not scoring"?


Just enjoy the win. The fact that you can give Perron no credit is just sad. I at least show the ability to be unbiased.
The only reason why I keep going is the fact that I proved your facts were wrong, and then you go on to say I was wrong. It's not even about Perron or his scoring.

Don't call someone out and not actually prove it. If you want to call me out, prove it.

We can disagree on qualitative measures like how we consider someone is playing or what we consider is good, but quantitative measures are a different story.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:36 PM
  #377
taylord22
Registered User
 
taylord22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I hope to see a replay of this.
Not to backpeddle, but I should say that I only saw Petro's head coming into contact with 'someones' stick/fists, repeatedly. I couldn't see the number, but it seemed like an easy assumption of who it was after the play ended. I'd like to see a capture, as well.

taylord22 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
  #378
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
Just because the vast majority of people are more idiotic than Pierre tells you nothing.
Don't pretend like you or pretty much anyone else here knows more than Pierre. Hate on the guy all you want but he knows hockey and it isn't debatable.

BlueDream is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:38 PM
  #379
GrandPapillon
Registered User
 
GrandPapillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southern IL
Country: United States
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
The only reason why I keep going is the fact that I proved your facts were wrong, and then you go on to say I was wrong. It's not even about Perron or his scoring.

Don't call someone out and not actually prove it. If you want to call me out, prove it.

We can disagree on qualitative measures like how we consider someone is playing or what we consider is good, but quantitative measures are a different story.
You have proved nothing and when confronted with the truth decided to start trying to spin. I hope others are intelligent enough to see how dishonest your methods are when the numbers tell the true story.

Your story is that Perron did nothing before or after being paired with Stewart. You are still wrong.

GrandPapillon is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:40 PM
  #380
taylord22
Registered User
 
taylord22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
It's a LOT easier to play that 1-3-1 and get away with it playing Bouwmeester and Leopold rather than Jackman and Polak, along with Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk. All four defenders can skate the puck out of trouble and pass well.
Yep, it definitely helps. Though, like P9s, I'll be curious to see how the additions will look against a larger team. Definitely like what I've seen against 2 speedier teams, and 2 outworkers.

taylord22 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:41 PM
  #381
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Only four games left against playoff teams (out of 11) and only four games on the road. Only road game against a playoff team left is Minnesota on Thursday. The Blues are rolling and kind of hungry to keep that feeling it seems. I think there's still a decent chance they end up in the 4-5 pairing when all is said and done.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:41 PM
  #382
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
what I like most about our last recent wins is that we finally have shown mental strenght

in a very crucial time of the season, with new guys to integrate, they have won against a conference dominator, a tough, strong team just coming from behind and against a direct PO rival

the buy-in, at least in the last few games, was finally there!

frostyflo is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:46 PM
  #383
ExJbeck
Registered User
 
ExJbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Don't pretend like you or pretty much anyone else here knows more than Pierre. Hate on the guy all you want but he knows hockey and it isn't debatable.

ExJbeck is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
  #384
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,480
vCash: 9062
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Only four games left against playoff teams (out of 11) and only four games on the road. Only road game against a playoff team left is Minnesota on Thursday. The Blues are rolling and kind of hungry to keep that feeling it seems. I think there's still a decent chance they end up in the 4-5 pairing when all is said and done.
I agree, Elliott also seems to be on track as well so that could really help the team down the stretch. Getting into the 4-5 position would most likely mean a meeting with the Kings. I don't know how I'd feel about that. L.A has had St. Louis' number but St. Louis should have won the first one and they've played them better this year. Kings might be overconfident in that series.

stlblues9 is online now  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
  #385
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Don't pretend like you or pretty much anyone else here knows more than Pierre. Hate on the guy all you want but he knows hockey and it isn't debatable.
He may nor more about hockey than all of us but it doesn't change the fact that he is still a bumbling idiot lol.

Bluesman91 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:51 PM
  #386
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Definitely (and finally) starting to play the right way at the right time. Opinion on Bouwmeester individually aside, they added a guy who plays 21 minutes usually and a guy who plays 25 minutes usually to the d-corps. That has definitely had a team-wide impact.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
  #387
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,265
vCash: 500
Personally, I love Pierre. Sure he made a mistake today by mixing up who was on the powerplay, but he gives a lot of insight to the game that other color guys fail to do. Plus, I get to learn where every player was born and where they played junior hockey.

Oberyn is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
  #388
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,575
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
You have proved nothing and when confronted with the truth decided to start trying to spin. I hope others are intelligent enough to see how dishonest your methods are when the numbers tell the true story.

Your story is that Perron did nothing before or after being paired with Stewart. You are still wrong.
And what exactly is this truth that you brought up. I honestly want to know before I'm done.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
  #389
BadgersandBlues
Registered User
 
BadgersandBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Leopold had a great game imo. A couple of times I saw someone make a steady, good, heady play. Wasn't flashy, but just really solid. I went, hey that was a good play, who was that? Turned out to be Leopold. Happened at least 3-4 times today.

I think our D has a chance to be rock solid with our additions. If we could figure out some forward combinations that had everyone contributing, and got the kind of 'tending we got from our boys the last 4 games, we're going to be right there for Cup contention.

BadgersandBlues is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
  #390
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,670
vCash: 500
Leopold has a really hard shot! I noticed it for the first time today. He can fire the puck.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
  #391
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,265
vCash: 500
How was Russell on forward? Read a couple tweets I think by either JR or Lou Korac saying that he was very defensive minded, despite his position change.

Oberyn is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 03:03 PM
  #392
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,575
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
How was Russell on forward? Read a couple tweets I think by either JR or Lou Korac saying that he was very defensive minded, despite his position change.
Only played 5 minutes. Of that time he was defensive, but not enough time to actually see anything worth judging IMO.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
  #393
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Only played 5 minutes. Of that time he was defensive, but not enough time to actually see anything worth judging IMO.
Thanks.

Do we have a timetable on Oshie's return yet? And am I the only one hoping that McDonald's flu lingers for a month?

Oberyn is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 03:10 PM
  #394
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Thanks.

Do we have a timetable on Oshie's return yet? And am I the only one hoping that McDonald's flu lingers for a month?
I think the whole Blues fanbase can agree on that.

Bluesman91 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
  #395
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Only played 5 minutes. Of that time he was defensive, but not enough time to actually see anything worth judging IMO.
When he played forward, it was like The Blues had 3 defencemen on the ice. But that was exactly what they needed at the time. So, I had no problem with it. he got back very well, helping out the defencemen, he helped a lot with puck possession, helping turn the momentum back into The Blues' favour. Howeve, I wouldn't want to see him as a forward when we need badly to score.

I think putting him at forward when we want to hold a 2+ lead is a good strategy. he helps calm things down and keeps the puck in The Blues' possession.

Robb_K is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 03:31 PM
  #396
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I think the whole Blues fanbase can agree on that.
I think they play better without him. I'd rather have Sobotka as 3rd Line centre and an extra "mucker/grinder line" than add McDonald in to form 3 scoring lines.

But The Blues' brass seems to think that McDonald will shift to a higher gear once we're in The Playoffs, so he'll need to get some regular play before the playoffs start, to have his proper timing.

Robb_K is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
  #397
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,575
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
When he played forward, it was like The Blues had 3 defencemen on the ice. But that was exactly what they needed at the time. So, I had no problem with it. he got back very well, helping out the defencemen, he helped a lot with puck possession, helping turn the momentum back into The Blues' favour. Howeve, I wouldn't want to see him as a forward when we need badly to score.

I think putting him at forward when we want to hold a 2+ lead is a good strategy. he helps calm things down and keeps the puck in The Blues' possession.
He'll only be in there in drastic situations like when a player gets hurt or sick right before a game. Now that Jaskin is coming, it's even more unlikely that he will see another game at forward.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
  #398
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,670
vCash: 500
Wings fans are hilarious. They are saying the roughing call on Perron(ya know, where he was punching Perron repeatedly while on the ground) was one of the worst calls of the season LMAO. It's just too funny. They witnessed the worst call of the season(Backes's phantom game misconduct that gave the Wings the game).

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 04:11 PM
  #399
jmwc95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
I agree, Elliott also seems to be on track as well so that could really help the team down the stretch. Getting into the 4-5 position would most likely mean a meeting with the Kings. I don't know how I'd feel about that. L.A has had St. Louis' number but St. Louis should have won the first one and they've played them better this year. Kings might be overconfident in that series.
Actually, it could be San Jose. How sweet would that be?

jmwc95 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 04:36 PM
  #400
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
**** me...Jehovah's Witnesses showed up bearing gifts for my kids during a pivotal game.

They are very nice people. I am always nice to them.

Mike Liut is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.