HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #37 St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings//The I'm not even gonna be awake edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 02:34 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
Is a 50 point pace, "not scoring"?

Just enjoy the win. The fact that you can give Perron no credit is just sad. I at least show the ability to be unbiased.
The only reason why I keep going is the fact that I proved your facts were wrong, and then you go on to say I was wrong. It's not even about Perron or his scoring.

Don't call someone out and not actually prove it. If you want to call me out, prove it.

We can disagree on qualitative measures like how we consider someone is playing or what we consider is good, but quantitative measures are a different story.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:36 PM
taylord22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I hope to see a replay of this.
Not to backpeddle, but I should say that I only saw Petro's head coming into contact with 'someones' stick/fists, repeatedly. I couldn't see the number, but it seemed like an easy assumption of who it was after the play ended. I'd like to see a capture, as well.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
Just because the vast majority of people are more idiotic than Pierre tells you nothing.
Don't pretend like you or pretty much anyone else here knows more than Pierre. Hate on the guy all you want but he knows hockey and it isn't debatable.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:38 PM
GrandPapillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
The only reason why I keep going is the fact that I proved your facts were wrong, and then you go on to say I was wrong. It's not even about Perron or his scoring.

Don't call someone out and not actually prove it. If you want to call me out, prove it.

We can disagree on qualitative measures like how we consider someone is playing or what we consider is good, but quantitative measures are a different story.
You have proved nothing and when confronted with the truth decided to start trying to spin. I hope others are intelligent enough to see how dishonest your methods are when the numbers tell the true story.

Your story is that Perron did nothing before or after being paired with Stewart. You are still wrong.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:40 PM
taylord22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
It's a LOT easier to play that 1-3-1 and get away with it playing Bouwmeester and Leopold rather than Jackman and Polak, along with Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk. All four defenders can skate the puck out of trouble and pass well.
Yep, it definitely helps. Though, like P9s, I'll be curious to see how the additions will look against a larger team. Definitely like what I've seen against 2 speedier teams, and 2 outworkers.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:41 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Only four games left against playoff teams (out of 11) and only four games on the road. Only road game against a playoff team left is Minnesota on Thursday. The Blues are rolling and kind of hungry to keep that feeling it seems. I think there's still a decent chance they end up in the 4-5 pairing when all is said and done.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:41 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

what I like most about our last recent wins is that we finally have shown mental strenght

in a very crucial time of the season, with new guys to integrate, they have won against a conference dominator, a tough, strong team just coming from behind and against a direct PO rival

the buy-in, at least in the last few games, was finally there!

Old
04-07-2013, 02:46 PM
ExJbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Don't pretend like you or pretty much anyone else here knows more than Pierre. Hate on the guy all you want but he knows hockey and it isn't debatable.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 9062
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Only four games left against playoff teams (out of 11) and only four games on the road. Only road game against a playoff team left is Minnesota on Thursday. The Blues are rolling and kind of hungry to keep that feeling it seems. I think there's still a decent chance they end up in the 4-5 pairing when all is said and done.
I agree, Elliott also seems to be on track as well so that could really help the team down the stretch. Getting into the 4-5 position would most likely mean a meeting with the Kings. I don't know how I'd feel about that. L.A has had St. Louis' number but St. Louis should have won the first one and they've played them better this year. Kings might be overconfident in that series.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
He may nor more about hockey than all of us but it doesn't change the fact that he is still a bumbling idiot lol.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:51 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Definitely (and finally) starting to play the right way at the right time. Opinion on Bouwmeester individually aside, they added a guy who plays 21 minutes usually and a guy who plays 25 minutes usually to the d-corps. That has definitely had a team-wide impact.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Personally, I love Pierre. Sure he made a mistake today by mixing up who was on the powerplay, but he gives a lot of insight to the game that other color guys fail to do. Plus, I get to learn where every player was born and where they played junior hockey.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
You have proved nothing and when confronted with the truth decided to start trying to spin. I hope others are intelligent enough to see how dishonest your methods are when the numbers tell the true story.

Your story is that Perron did nothing before or after being paired with Stewart. You are still wrong.
And what exactly is this truth that you brought up. I honestly want to know before I'm done.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
BadgersandBlues

Leopold had a great game imo. A couple of times I saw someone make a steady, good, heady play. Wasn't flashy, but just really solid. I went, hey that was a good play, who was that? Turned out to be Leopold. Happened at least 3-4 times today.

I think our D has a chance to be rock solid with our additions. If we could figure out some forward combinations that had everyone contributing, and got the kind of 'tending we got from our boys the last 4 games, we're going to be right there for Cup contention.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Leopold has a really hard shot! I noticed it for the first time today. He can fire the puck.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

How was Russell on forward? Read a couple tweets I think by either JR or Lou Korac saying that he was very defensive minded, despite his position change.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:03 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
How was Russell on forward? Read a couple tweets I think by either JR or Lou Korac saying that he was very defensive minded, despite his position change.
Only played 5 minutes. Of that time he was defensive, but not enough time to actually see anything worth judging IMO.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Only played 5 minutes. Of that time he was defensive, but not enough time to actually see anything worth judging IMO.
Thanks.

Do we have a timetable on Oshie's return yet? And am I the only one hoping that McDonald's flu lingers for a month?

Old
04-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Thanks.

Do we have a timetable on Oshie's return yet? And am I the only one hoping that McDonald's flu lingers for a month?
I think the whole Blues fanbase can agree on that.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
When he played forward, it was like The Blues had 3 defencemen on the ice. But that was exactly what they needed at the time. So, I had no problem with it. he got back very well, helping out the defencemen, he helped a lot with puck possession, helping turn the momentum back into The Blues' favour. Howeve, I wouldn't want to see him as a forward when we need badly to score.

I think putting him at forward when we want to hold a 2+ lead is a good strategy. he helps calm things down and keeps the puck in The Blues' possession.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I think the whole Blues fanbase can agree on that.
I think they play better without him. I'd rather have Sobotka as 3rd Line centre and an extra "mucker/grinder line" than add McDonald in to form 3 scoring lines.

But The Blues' brass seems to think that McDonald will shift to a higher gear once we're in The Playoffs, so he'll need to get some regular play before the playoffs start, to have his proper timing.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
When he played forward, it was like The Blues had 3 defencemen on the ice. But that was exactly what they needed at the time. So, I had no problem with it. he got back very well, helping out the defencemen, he helped a lot with puck possession, helping turn the momentum back into The Blues' favour. Howeve, I wouldn't want to see him as a forward when we need badly to score.

I think putting him at forward when we want to hold a 2+ lead is a good strategy. he helps calm things down and keeps the puck in The Blues' possession.
He'll only be in there in drastic situations like when a player gets hurt or sick right before a game. Now that Jaskin is coming, it's even more unlikely that he will see another game at forward.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Wings fans are hilarious. They are saying the roughing call on Perron(ya know, where he was punching Perron repeatedly while on the ground) was one of the worst calls of the season LMAO. It's just too funny. They witnessed the worst call of the season(Backes's phantom game misconduct that gave the Wings the game).

Old
04-07-2013, 04:11 PM
jmwc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
I agree, Elliott also seems to be on track as well so that could really help the team down the stretch. Getting into the 4-5 position would most likely mean a meeting with the Kings. I don't know how I'd feel about that. L.A has had St. Louis' number but St. Louis should have won the first one and they've played them better this year. Kings might be overconfident in that series.
Actually, it could be San Jose. How sweet would that be?

Old
04-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
**** me...Jehovah's Witnesses showed up bearing gifts for my kids during a pivotal game.

They are very nice people. I am always nice to them.

Closed Thread