HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Cooke hatefest

Old
04-20-2013, 10:15 AM
muffin with tentacle

vCash: 883
Cooke hatefest

Haven't seen anyone else post this yet.

Curious what people think about it?

Quote:
After the pre-game party, Cloutier and RSU will shuttle to Scotiabank Place in nearby Kanata, where they will be seated in section 303. Prior to faceoff, they will unveil a 5½-foot by 3½-foot “Wanted” poster, designed by RSU member Michael Burns. At the top, the poster reads: “Wanted: For robbing Karlsson of his second Norris trophy.” In the middle is a mug shot of Cooke above the words: “Matt ‘the dirtiest player in the NHL’ Cooke. Punishment by Kasassination.”

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...-senators.html

muffin with tentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:23 AM
xVolchenkov

vCash: 50
People can do and say what they want. Matt Cooke is a piece of ****, but I find it extremely hard to believe he did it intentionally. Regardless though, I hope he gets beat up for all the things hes done in the past. If anyone deserves it, its him.

xVolchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:28 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
The CBC article is just another piece on Ottawa by and for Leafs fans with
their own spin on things just before a Sens/Leafs game. .

Like the wanted poster.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 AM
slapshot12phil

vCash: 500
If the sens win tonight they practically guarantee a playoff spot.

Kassian is fully responsible for destroying Cooke. And as bad as it sounds, if he does something that warrants a suspension, I doubt anyone other than pens fans would care. And I would praise him for sure.

slapshot12phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 AM
HarveySpecter

He'll always be this guy to me

HarveySpecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Jasper

vCash: 707
Cooke should have been kicked out of the league a long time ago. If the NHL isn't going to do anything about him I hope the Sens, and any other team where he's so far attempted to end someone's career, send someone after him every single night. I'm totally on board with the hate fest.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:57 AM
sens613

As dumb as Grapes sounds sometimes , he often does bring up a lot of good points. If cooke got his butt kicked everytime he had ran around or stuck his knee out in the past I am sure a few of those cheap shots would of never taken place.

sens613 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens613 View Post
As dumb as Grapes sounds sometimes , he often does bring up a lot of good points. If cooke got his butt kicked everytime he had ran around or stuck his knee out in the past I am sure a few of those cheap shots would of never taken place.
His pin & leg raise was as reckless as those knee-on-knee hits. I can't stand that all the talking heads called it a hockey play, and proceeded to show lots of other board play that didn't look the same at all.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:12 AM
mcnorth

Matt Cooke is a piece of ****.

It was on purpose. He is not the "new Matt Cooke", the guy is dangerous - period. Anyone who believes it was an accident is a naive fool as far as I'm concerned. I know you'd much rather live in a world where "accidents happen" and "who could possibly want to stomp another man" with a skate on" and forgive the man his digressions, but he's a piece of ****. He hurts people. With his knees, shoulders, elbows, knees, hands, and feet he hurts people.

We will continue to be victimized when we forgive those who make us victims. People who do those sorts of things are different; they think, or define it as don't think if it's easier for you to digest, differently than the average person walking and/or skating around. Matt Cooke tries to hurt people. Not to win hockey games, not to gain a competitive advantage, not as revenge, not in defense - the guy is a vicious, mean, dirty, piece of ****. He does it because that's what he does. **** Matt Cooke.

I could have written that post today, 66 days ago, or five years ago. Sadly, I'll probably be able to quote it soon enough. He shouldn't be in hockey. Hell, if he wasn't a professional athlete where would he be? Jail? I wouldn't bet against it. And yes, I'm condemning the man's character on and off the ice. Lots of guys in jail have a wife and kid who love them, and a dog who can't wait until he gets home. Doesn't mean the guy isn't a piece of ****.

**** Matt Cooke.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:18 AM
HockeySens

Even if he didnt intentionally do it, he is still is one of my most hated player. I dont care what penguins say, If someone with history accidentally injures your best players I will hate him

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:21 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Get over it.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Rals

Even if it wasn't intentional, he crossed the zero tolerance line long ago. Should have been told long ago "the next one, accident or not your out of the league".

He still made his money being a piece of **** though. So let's hope the only reason fate kept him in the league is so he gets Zedniked

Rals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
mcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Get over it.
Why? Really, what's the good in letting people do **** like that?

"Getting over it" is the worst thing to do. Getting over it allows it to happen again.

Why do you want another hockey player to be injured? Why another Lecavalier? Another Savard? Another Karlsson?

No. Don't get over it. Don't forget it. Don't ignore it. Don't forgive it. Don't condone it.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
A few things:

- Someone should have gone up to Cooke and really beat the living crap out of him back when he was the league's worst offender in terms of intent to injure
- As bad as Cooke was back a few years ago, everybody deserves a shot at redemption however.
- He's nowhere near as bad as he was back then, let's all take a deep breath and at least acknowledge that because it's the truth.
- I cannot believe he meant to injure Karlsson in the way that he ended up doing; yes it looks suspicious because it's Cooke, it's Karlsson, the play should have been blown dead by the incompetent ref etc.... There's just no way you can get me to believe that he meant to slice up Karlsson; he tried to take him out in a less than admirable fashion yes: he was trying to use his leg as lever to make Karlsson fall over backwards that is crystal clear (the puck was going around the board when this all went down) but it is not against the rules (and shouldn't be because that would be a can of worms if I ever saw one).
- Cooke is not anywhere near as dirty as he used to be and yes I don't believe he meant to do it I still wouldn't mind having someone from our team just pummel him because there needs to be a response in the same way that Carkner responded to Boyle taking liberties with Erik in the playoffs.
- That being said we simply cannot afford to lose a game just to make a point: we need to win because that's what the teams behind us in the standings are all doing. I would be very disappointed with the team if they did anything deliberate that could jeopardize the playoffs because this team has worked it's butt off and in spite of the ridiculous amount of injuries (half the payroll was gone at one point! HALF!) is still in the playoffs; risking it all just to make a point would be unprofessional and, honestly, a bit disgusting because I don't want to cheer for a team that puts responding over winning and securing a playoff spot, the Cup matters a whole lot more than Karlsson does and it looks like he'll be back soon anyway. If we had clinched a playoff spot and we pretty much locked in position then I would expect some kind of retribution though: these kinds of events need to be acknowledged by both teams but in the end, in pro sports, winning in the single most important thing; acting like angry children goes against that.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:32 AM
derriko

vCash: 4116
C'mon guys....youre being as classless as the Pen fans.

Cooke does deserve pain, as I dont believe in forgiveness, but we dont need to say stuff like you wish someone would cut his jugular.

He will probably fight Neil, Mac will probably fight Kass, and that most likely will be it. I'm not against a bench brawl though just for kicks and giggles but I dont think it needs to happen.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
C'mon guys....youre being as classless as the Pen fans.

Cooke does deserve pain, as I dont believe in forgiveness, but we dont need to say stuff like you wish someone would cut his jugular.

He will probably fight Neil, Mac will probably fight Kass, and that most likely will be it. I'm not against a bench brawl though just for kicks and giggles but I dont think it needs to happen.
Seriously, some of you guys are just awful

Just like some are acting like it was offensive when Cherry brought in Kadri after he had a great game against us and Don has been pumping the kid's tires for a long time now; he just loves being proven right and he wanted to have a little fun. It was cute (even if it was a bit annoying considering the crushing loss) but to take offense over that?! Those who took offense over that should think twice before calling anyone a "soccer mom"!

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:44 AM
mcnorth

On ice garbage won't end this type of thing. There's no 'response', hockey related or otherwise. What I'm saying is Matt Cooke should not be in the NHL anymore. That's all. He has forfeited his right to a NHL contract due to his reckless behaviour. The players of the NHLPA can't trust him, the NHL brass can't trust him, and the fans don't need him. That's my stance. A punch in the face from anyone ... hardly the point.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Quo
storms in my knees

I'm with CG and Derriko. Wish we'd just take the high road here.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:06 PM
sens613

He should of done the right thing and let Neil redecorate his face that game. He chose to turtle instead. In todays game clean hits on star players are dealt with by fighting ( see cowen on skinner). Had he done that , lost a tooth or 2 via a neil pounding there would be a lot less build up, having 2 guys like Kassian and Mac fight who had nothing to do with the incident does not do anything. Hopefully he takes a cue from claude lemieux and after turtling goes and takes his beating like a man from Neil.

sens613 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Cat Herder
Formerly BigSensFan

vCash: 50
I dont think Cooke meant to cut Karlsson...I do think he was trying to slewfoot him near the borads (which could have resulted in just a serious or even more serious of an injury)

Cooke should be out of the league, but noone will discipline the NHL's beloved penguins

Cat Herder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:13 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
Why? Really, what's the good in letting people do **** like that?

"Getting over it" is the worst thing to do. Getting over it allows it to happen again.

Why do you want another hockey player to be injured? Why another Lecavalier? Another Savard? Another Karlsson?

No. Don't get over it. Don't forget it. Don't ignore it. Don't forgive it. Don't condone it.
Retribution 3 months after the fact is useless IMO. Lol did I say I wanted someone else to be injured?

If you guys wanted revenge, it should have been done 3 months. Putting a bunch of wanted posters with Cooke's face on them and having him tried for murder is pretty useless at this point.

So yes, get over it

Old
04-20-2013, 12:24 PM
senorchang

pretty sure you can get sued for defamation aswell

senorchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:27 PM
robsenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
I dont think Cooke meant to cut Karlsson...I do think he was trying to slewfoot him near the borads (which could have resulted in just a serious or even more serious of an injury)

Cooke should be out of the league, but noone will discipline the NHL's beloved penguins
Exactly this, he was trying to get under Karlsson's skin...(no pun intended)

robsenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:36 PM
mcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Retribution 3 months after the fact is useless IMO. Lol did I say I wanted someone else to be injured?

If you guys wanted revenge, it should have been done 3 months. Putting a bunch of wanted posters with Cooke's face on them and having him tried for murder is pretty useless at this point.

So yes, get over it
Yeah, you're not actually reading my posts b/c we're not having the same conversation. I'm talking about all of Cooke's incidents and you think I'm just talking about EK. If you're going to quote me, respond to things I've said.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:44 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
Yeah, you're not actually reading my posts b/c we're not having the same conversation. I'm talking about all of Cooke's incidents and you think I'm just talking about EK. If you're going to quote me, respond to things I've said.
I responded to this thread (which is RSU wanting retribution for the Karlsson injury) and you were the one who quoted me in the first place (asking me if I wanted another player to get injured). I responded to your post and people whining in this thread.