HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Since Crosby wants to be a Hab....

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2005, 12:05 PM
  #51
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan 32
I'd rather keep Markov also but I the team that has Crosby would want him instead of Souray because he's younger and has a higher ceilling.
yeah i can see that.... and even with my hesitation earlier, you think to yourself that keeping Souray instead still has its positives.. as long as he stays clear of injury.. i mean hes tall, and strong, and God willing last year wasn't just a one off, he can still contribute offensively.

Nevertheless I understand now why you've changed from Souray to Markov.

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:09 PM
  #52
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
And yeah congrats there Van-Hab on the 2000th post.. its been a pleasure posting with you!!!

Any news on the awards you were discussing on a thread yesterday????
Thanks

Well, I am still waiting for suggestions...and anyone can do it, The Great One did it last year maybe Habsfan 32 would like to run it now!

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:16 PM
  #53
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
In a Van Sun article Crosby has a say in where he will play in the case he will be picked by a team like Carolina or Nashville. His agent said he wont play for any team, and he will ask to be traded to Montreal or his 2nd choice Toronto.


I'm assuming since you're a habfan that this is true, since you obviously would have no reason to invent a Crosby to the Leafs rumour.

What story was it from?

Volcanologist is online now  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:17 PM
  #54
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Thanks

Well, I am still waiting for suggestions...and anyone can do it, The Great One did it last year maybe Habsfan 32 would like to run it now!

I really did it?



Btw , I'm too young to be consireded a good poster yet.I'd like to thank you for putting me in the poll though.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:20 PM
  #55
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese


I'm assuming since you're a habfan that this is true, since you obviously would have no reason to invent a Crosby to the Leafs rumour.

What story was it from?
I never thought of it that way, but stil i'm waiting for some more solid evidence before i become to entangled with another twist in the Crosby Saga...

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:21 PM
  #56
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese


I'm assuming since you're a habfan that this is true, since you obviously would have no reason to invent a Crosby to the Leafs rumour.

What story was it from?
Vancouver Sun, yesterday an article by Tony Gallagher. I will look for it during my lunch break.

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
  #57
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
I really did it?



Btw , I'm too young to be consireded a good poster yet.I'd like to thank you for putting me in the poll though.
You host it last year, maybe youcan do it again this year:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=121302

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:32 PM
  #58
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
here is the link:
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/thep...b-d70bc11efcfc
you need to subscribe though

"Crosby may have a say in where he lands"

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
  #59
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
here is the link:
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/thep...b-d70bc11efcfc
you need to subscribe though

"Crosby may have a say in where he lands"
Darn it!!! well at least the first 26/27 words or so are kind of interesting!!!

CAn't you copy and paste the article into a post Van-Hab????

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:38 PM
  #60
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
Darn it!!! well at least the first 26/27 words or so are kind of interesting!!!

CAn't you copy and paste the article into a post Van-Hab????
I am not a subscriber, I read the paper yesterday! But I will find a copy and post it

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 12:46 PM
  #61
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
I am not a subscriber, I read the paper yesterday! But I will find a copy and post it
Your new name is Van-Hab-God!!!! cheers mate!!

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 01:20 PM
  #62
Duster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Vancouver Sun, yesterday an article by Tony Gallagher. I will look for it during my lunch break.
You must mean the Province. Gallagher writes for them not the Sun. The Province is a tabloid like the Journal de Montreal or the Toronto Sun. I would take what he says as pure speculation. I can't see Crosby and his agent showing their hand when no one knows what's going to happen.

Leaf Nation is going to run with this. It should keep them entertained for a while I would imagine...

Duster is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 01:25 PM
  #63
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster
You must mean the Province. Gallagher writes for them not the Sun. The Province is a tabloid like the Journal de Montreal or the Toronto Sun. I would take what he says as pure speculation. I can't see Crosby and his agent showing their hand when no one knows what's going to happen.

Leaf Nation is going to run with this. It should keep them entertained for a while I would imagine...
Yes it's the Province and not the Sun

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
  #64
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,461
vCash: 500
Thanks VAN-HAB, I would appreciate seeing the quote from the agent you described.

Volcanologist is online now  
Old
04-22-2005, 02:27 PM
  #65
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,234
vCash: 500
Go Vin-Hob, do your worst! And by worst, I mean best.. chop chop!

Habs13 is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 03:28 PM
  #66
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Go Vin-Hob, do your worst! And by worst, I mean best.. chop chop!
Hes never??? hes hasn't has he??? VAN-HAB has become a Rabbi and is now perform circumscions (sp)???

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-23-2005, 08:36 AM
  #67
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
He would lose a lot of respect if he pulled something like that off.

I agree.

even before making the nhl, his reps have gotten him a big Reebok deal and are probably looking for more lucrative advertising deals.

the last thing Crosby and his agents want, is for advertisers and the the buying public to label Crosby the new Eric Lindros,a spoiled athlete trying to dictate where he plays before he's even in the nhl.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
04-23-2005, 08:42 AM
  #68
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
In a Van Sun article Crosby has a say in where he will play in the case he will be picked by a team like Carolina or Nashville. His agent said he wont play for any team, and he will ask to be traded to Montreal or his 2nd choice Toronto.

then I'd hope that the gm/owner of that team was a stubborn son of a gun

that the owner and gm would tell Crosby and his rep, that they were not trading his rights until just before they expired(I'm guessing it'll again be a 2 yr period after the draft).


and they should remind Crosby that while he's sitting for the next 2 yrs, waiting to see what kind of bidding war Montreal and Toronto can come up with,his rep as an advertising pitchman will be taking a fall.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
04-23-2005, 10:20 AM
  #69
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
then I'd hope that the gm/owner of that team was a stubborn son of a gun

that the owner and gm would tell Crosby and his rep, that they were not trading his rights until just before they expired(I'm guessing it'll again be a 2 yr period after the draft).


and they should remind Crosby that while he's sitting for the next 2 yrs, waiting to see what kind of bidding war Montreal and Toronto can come up with,his rep as an advertising pitchman will be taking a fall.
Uh no... He's already signed the richest endorsment deal in the history of professional hockey and if he was drafted by a team that decided to hold on to his rights for 2 seasons he could just sign for huge dollars in Europe or the re-jigged WHA if that were ever to launch. Either way he already had millions of endorsment dollars - and the two year wait to move from say Carolina to Montreal would mean way more dollars overall playing for a high-profile Canadian club then a backwater American club in terms of future endorsements.

Either way, its a moot point, I strongly believe Crosby will suit up for the team he is drafted by.

FerrisRox is offline  
Old
04-23-2005, 04:20 PM
  #70
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
Uh no... He's already signed the richest endorsment deal in the history of professional hockey and if he was drafted by a team that decided to hold on to his rights for 2 seasons he could just sign for huge dollars in Europe or the re-jigged WHA if that were ever to launch. Either way he already had millions of endorsment dollars - and the two year wait to move from say Carolina to Montreal would mean way more dollars overall playing for a high-profile Canadian club then a backwater American club in terms of future endorsements.

Either way, its a moot point, I strongly believe Crosby will suit up for the team he is drafted by.

I also think he'll suit up for whoever wins his rights.

I've yet to read one comment from Crosby that he'd prefer to play in a Euro league or the WHA,over the nhl even for just a couple of seasons.The reason he already rejected the WHA offer is because he wants to play in the nhl,which he considers the top pro league.

We're seeing during this lockout,that the paying public doesn't have much empathy or patience with athletes they think are spoiled.Somehow I don't see large companies lining up to sign a player with a rep as a spoiled brat.

when the expansion Thrashers won the right to draft Kovalchuk,his first comments were good..they don't have any stars,he'd become their star player.


that's the kind of attitude I want to see from Crosby.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
04-24-2005, 05:56 AM
  #71
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I also think he'll suit up for whoever wins his rights.

I've yet to read one comment from Crosby that he'd prefer to play in a Euro league or the WHA,over the nhl even for just a couple of seasons.The reason he already rejected the WHA offer is because he wants to play in the nhl,which he considers the top pro league.

We're seeing during this lockout,that the paying public doesn't have much empathy or patience with athletes they think are spoiled.Somehow I don't see large companies lining up to sign a player with a rep as a spoiled brat.

when the expansion Thrashers won the right to draft Kovalchuk,his first comments were good..they don't have any stars,he'd become their star player.

that's the kind of attitude I want to see from Crosby.
Maybe this is the loophole his lawyers ahve been talking about. However if the team that drafted him wanted to bring him up he'd have to honor that, and therefore he'd end up playing for them. I'd rather Crosby came to us in a civilized manner and with his respect and morals intact than him pulling a "lindros" and then being given a label. the NHL is in such a fragile state that i don't think they could offer something of this magnitude to develop and go off, so soon after a lockout and all the problems that has caused and the tarnishing of a once great American sport league has been inflicted by it!

English Hab is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.