HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks win; LokiFreed

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Is that from the movie Thor? It's on Netflix. I'm waiting to be in the mood for a popcorn flick with the girlfriend to watch it. I've heard mixed things.
Yeah, the character Loki is in that movie and the Avengers as well.

Decent movie. Natalie Portman is really cute. Too bad she's apparently a jackass.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:00 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Is that from the movie Thor? It's on Netflix. I'm waiting to be in the mood for a popcorn flick with the girlfriend to watch it. I've heard mixed things.
Thor and The Avengers. I never saw Thor, and wasn't the biggest fan of The Avengers when I first saw it, but after seeing it a couple more times recently, thought it was a good movie - for what it is.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Sevanston

The Avengers is a good, big budget, superhero movie. It's not going to change your life, it's not the Dark Knight. But you'll probably enjoy the experience.

I didn't really like Thor. I thought it was too predictable, and it seemed like it was more about pretty colors than deep characters.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

You want deep characters and meaning, watch Cloud Atlas.

Love it/hate it type of movie. I thought it was awesome.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:13 PM
massivegoonery

It's not the Dark Knight, the Dark Knight wasn't nearly as good.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
It's not the Dark Knight, the Dark Knight wasn't nearly as good.

EDIT: And Cloud Atlas was really good. I didn't love it, but it was masterfully done.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:28 PM
canucks95

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Absolutely, but ESPN Chicago had a column that mentioned Q could platoon the goalies for the Stanley Cup playoffs.

://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4673260/blackhawks-may-platoon-in-playoffs

Cool. Thanks for the link man.

congrats on the playoff berth

Old
04-07-2013, 11:34 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

What's up with the refs? I would't call it unfair in that they have been calling it the same both ways. But when you have the puck most of the time, it's not fair to let it all go when most of the penalties that should be called are happening to your guys.

Oh well. No calls and great goaltending against is good preparation for the playoffs.

Brandon Saad. I'll say it again, I haven't had this feeling about a Hawks' rookie since JR.(Toews and Kane and the team had very different expectations their rookie year)

Old
04-07-2013, 11:50 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

EDIT: And Cloud Atlas was really good. I didn't love it, but it was masterfully done.
Any Batman voiced by someone other than Kevin Conroy isn't Batman, sorry. They should have called that movie "The Watchmen 2: Stupid Growly Voices."

Old
04-08-2013, 12:12 AM
GenericHawksName
HJammer

I was at the game today, the stadium was so loud when Man-Child tied it up and Toews scored a minute later.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Let me preface this post with saying that I don't honestly care who is our goalie come playoff time... whether it's Emery or Crawford, I want the guy who is gonna give us the best chance to win.

However, I don't think Emery is the guy for the job. I haven't missed a single game. I may have not watched it live, but I've made damn sure that I watched it within 24 hours... and let me just say, Emery does not have the quickness (post to post, high glove, or 5-hole) to be someone you can trust in the most intense hockey period you can imagine.

While he seems like the better option right now, he truly hasn't been as impressive as Crawford this year. Simply put, he's been lucky. How many times have you noticed him out of position, just to have Hammer or Keith clear the crease to kill a scoring opportunity? How many times have you noticed a stick been in the way that deflected a puck into his chest? How may times have you noticed him had his pads in the way of a scoring opportunity that the (potential) scorer couldn't lift?

Emery is a very solid back-up. I questioned it before, but I will 100% eat crow in that regard. However, he isn't the goalie you want going into the playoffs.

Crawford is quicker post to post, has a better glove, reads plays better and his defense obviously trusts him more. The only doubt I have is whether he'll have the confidence to continue his solid play going into the playoffs.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Any Batman voiced by someone other than Kevin Conroy isn't Batman, sorry. They should have called that movie "The Watchmen 2: Stupid Growly Voices."
I'm certainly not going to argue about growly voices

But you can call me when the Avengers tries to make a larger point than "how many superheroes can we stuff into one movie." Hawkeye and Black Widow? Yawn.

It was the best movie to ever feature the Hulk though.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:52 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post

Had Crawford played in this game and put up the same numbers, let in the same goals... people would be all over him. But that's this board, I suppose.
Well, 15-4-4 Crow
and 14-1-0 Razor
with pretty similar #'s

And, sometimes luck is just as important as skill. There is a lot to attitude, chemistry...etc.

IMO, with playoff goggles that's 15-8 vs 14-1

Last edited by deytookerjaabs: 04-08-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Old
04-08-2013, 01:14 AM
McDooRoo

Let the playoff beards grow boys!!

As for goalies I don't care who starts throughout the playoffs or if Q does the same thing he's been doing and just platoon them. Each have their good points and their bad. Whether Razor is lucky or not Crow isnt exactly winning by talent, so each of them will carry us pretty decent. Albeit I don't like Crow's "awesome" rebound control.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:20 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Thor is a homo...

Ooh what movie is that from kids?

Old
04-08-2013, 01:39 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Thor is a homo...

Ooh what movie is that from kids?
"Adventures in Babysitting" ?

Old
04-08-2013, 01:45 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
"Adventures in Babysitting" ?
Ding Ding!

Old
04-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Hawks82

Fantastic game by what should be the first line for the rest of the season and playoffs! Saad-Toews-Kane were all amazing last night.

Great backcheck to get the puck and dish to Toews by Kane. Gorgeous play all around, beautiful snipe by the Captain.

Saad is impressing me more and more with every passing game! He better get serious Calder consideration!

Old
04-08-2013, 07:44 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
IMO, with playoff goggles that's 15-8 vs 14-1

This board never fails to wake me up with something so utterly stupid I fail to comprehend how someone could even say it.

THERE ARE NO SHOOTOUTS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, 8 losses with 'playoff goggles' is about the stupidest thing this board has seen all year.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:48 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
Fantastic game by what should be the first line for the rest of the season and playoffs! Saad-Toews-Kane were all amazing last night.

Great backcheck to get the puck and dish to Toews by Kane. Gorgeous play all around, beautiful snipe by the Captain.

Saad is impressing me more and more with every passing game! He better get serious Calder consideration!
I think he will (Saad) but he will need to be on top with points or very close to bypass Huberdeau.
But in my mind he is by and far the best rookie this year! Such a complete player manchild is!!

Old
04-08-2013, 07:49 AM
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
saad is one of,if not the, best player from his draft so far and he was amid second round pick. already asolid defensive forward and good offensively. what a steal of apick.

ps: excuse the gushing
Pens fan coming in peace!

My roommate actually played hockey against Saad when he was younger in Pittsburgh. Said he was going to be really good. We were hoping the Pens would draft him .

Glad to see him doing well!

Old
04-08-2013, 07:59 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post

This board never fails to wake me up with something so utterly stupid I fail to comprehend how someone could even say it.

THERE ARE NO SHOOTOUTS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, 8 losses with 'playoff goggles' is about the stupidest thing this board has seen all year.
Hey, remember those overtimes last year against a team with **** for offense? If we didn't score in the first two minutes we were done. I don't think I want Crow back in that position this year. I'm not sure you get it: going to the shootout means the win wasn't in regulation. Crow has a hard time shutting the door in regulation and hasn't proven to be a clutch performer beyond regulation.

Last edited by deytookerjaabs: 04-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old
04-08-2013, 08:18 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Hey, remember those overtimes last year against a team with **** for offense? If we didn't score in the first two minutes we were done. I don't think I want Crow back in that position this year. I'm not sure you get it: going to the shootout means the win wasn't in regulation. Crow has a hard time shutting the door in regulation and hasn't proven to be a clutch performer beyond regulation.
I'm pretty sure Chicago's gone, something like, 22 straight OT games without surrendering a goal in OT. Obviously, that doesn't include the playoffs, but eventually Chicago fans are going to have to let go of those two OT goals last year. Phoenix was fortunate all series long and Chicago's own mistakes bit them in the ass. The team's different this year. If they haven't proven that to you yet, then I'm not sure what else they can do. The playoffs will be here in short order.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:24 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I'm pretty sure Chicago's gone, something like, 22 straight OT games without surrendering a goal in OT. Obviously, that doesn't include the playoffs, but eventually Chicago fans are going to have to let go of those two OT goals last year. Phoenix was fortunate all series long and Chicago's own mistakes bit them in the ass. The team's different this year. If they haven't proven that to you yet, then I'm not sure what else they can do. The playoffs will be here in short order.
Wasn't it three OT goals?

The team was great in OT last year and in regulation, Crow wasn't. Yeah they made some mistakes but every team does and that's when you need a few clutch saves.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Wasn't it three OT goals?

The team was great in OT last year and in regulation, Crow wasn't. Yeah they made some mistakes but every team does and that's when you need a few clutch saves.
There were 3 OT loses in the playoffs last year but the game 1 loss wasn't what one would consider a soft goal. The bad angle shot in game 3 and the non-shot goal in game 4 were back breakers.

Closed Thread