HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Utica Comets AHL Discussion - Part IX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2013, 01:18 AM
  #276
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,378
vCash: 576
there should be no risk calling Corrado up? is he like our D prospect? a right handed shot......very similar to Tanev

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:30 AM
  #277
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,683
vCash: 500
good for Frankie maybe he pulls a Chris Tanev? To impress the coaching staff. Mind you he is 190lbs should be okay stepping into his first game.

David71 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:45 AM
  #278
Derp Kassian
Registered User
 
Derp Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
For those that have had a chance to watch the wolves in the past, how is it that Pinnizzoto was looked on more favourably than Antoine Roussel? I have been watched Dallas down the stretch here and I cannot understand it. How did this guy not secure a longer look with the Canucks? Or how did Pinner get that spot over him?
No idea but I think Roussel is a case of going to a team with no depth and breaking out. Not sure he would have the same type of season with the Canucks.

Derp Kassian is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:17 AM
  #279
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 22,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
For those that have had a chance to watch the wolves in the past, how is it that Pinnizzoto was looked on more favourably than Antoine Roussel? I have been watched Dallas down the stretch here and I cannot understand it. How did this guy not secure a longer look with the Canucks? Or how did Pinner get that spot over him?
How? He was a horrible player for the Wolves, that's how. It's not like he has been so great for the Stars either. Horrible possession numbers and extremely lucky on his on-ice Sh%. Perfect storm for him to put up a decent season in a shortened year. Expect him to go back to irrelevance next year.


Last edited by Tiranis: 04-21-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Tiranis is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 09:47 AM
  #280
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
How? He was a horrible player for the Wolves, that's how. It's not like he has been so great for the Stars either. Horrible possession numbers and extremely lucky on his on-ice Sh%. Perfect storm for him to put up a decent season in a shortened year. Expect him to go back to irrelevance next year.

The importance of each is pretty marginal. However, I'm just referring to Roussel's youth compared to Pinner's and the nature of the two players. Roussel has "looked" better.

I haven't delved into the possession stats. Just going by viewership to this point. Pinner isn't even getting ice time anymore (from what he had).

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:27 PM
  #281
cc
Registered User
 
cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Roussel is a young player with some upside.

Pinner.... I think what you see is pretty much what you get with him at his age.

IMO, Roussel should have been signed instead of Pinner.

cc is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:56 PM
  #282
B-rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc View Post
Roussel is a young player with some upside.

Pinner.... I think what you see is pretty much what you get with him at his age.

IMO, Roussel should have been signed instead of Pinner.
I think it's a bit early to be writing Pinizotto off. Yes, he's 28 but he's only played a handful of minutes at the NHL level and probably is still getting acclimated.

Roussel has looked decent in the times I've seen him but its not exactly like hes some sort of scoring sensation. His AHL point totals are pretty underwhelming.

B-rock is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:20 PM
  #283
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,378
vCash: 576
Joe Cannatan finally starts in a meaningless game! No Schroeder in lineup

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:35 PM
  #284
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 500
Probably good that Schroeder isn't playing if he's nursing an injury. Let him get some rest before the playoffs start.

Jevo is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:43 PM
  #285
NuxFan09
Registered User
 
NuxFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
Joe Cannatan finally starts in a meaningless game! No Schroeder in lineup
Nice, Arniel. Nice.

NuxFan09 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:48 PM
  #286
NuxFan09
Registered User
 
NuxFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,166
vCash: 500
The Wolves are already down 2-0. Hoggan just now scored his 2nd of the game shorthanded. Sounded like the Wolves easily gave up the puck up at the line.

NuxFan09 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:49 PM
  #287
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,378
vCash: 576
predict a blowout.......team don't care anymore......

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
  #288
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Joining Schroeder in the press box is Darren Archibald. I wonder if that's significant in any way.

lindgren is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
  #289
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 22,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
Joining Schroeder in the press box is Darren Archibald. I wonder if that's significant in any way.
I would say so. Canucks maxed out their call-up limit by calling up Corrado (there's only 4 call-ups this season) but that limit is gone once the Wolves season ends. To me this move means that both of them will be called up tomorrow (or even today).

Tiranis is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:59 PM
  #290
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I would say so. Canucks maxed out their call-up limit by calling up Corrado (there's only 4 call-ups this season) but that limit is gone once the Wolves season ends. To me this move means that both of them will be called up tomorrow (or even today).
I was wondering if it might be something like that. Thanks for the insight.

lindgren is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 05:02 PM
  #291
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 22,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
I was wondering if it might be something like that. Thanks for the insight.
That said, I'm only guessing on Archibald. I think Schroeder is definitely being sat to avoid injuries but Archibald could be a case of them giving a chance to some other guys (Grenier, Blomstrand, Friesen). We'll see soon enough, I think.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 05:06 PM
  #292
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
That said, I'm only guessing on Archibald. I think Schroeder is definitely being sat to avoid injuries but Archibald could be a case of them giving a chance to some other guys (Grenier, Blomstrand, Friesen). We'll see soon enough, I think.
That makes sense. It wouldn't surprise me if Archibald were one of those prospects called up just as a reward for hard work and a chance to practice with NHL guys.

How's Grenier looking?

lindgren is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 05:07 PM
  #293
NuxFan09
Registered User
 
NuxFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
That said, I'm only guessing on Archibald. I think Schroeder is definitely being sat to avoid injuries but Archibald could be a case of them giving a chance to some other guys (Grenier, Blomstrand, Friesen). We'll see soon enough, I think.
Are you watching, Tiranis? What's the general disposition of the team today? Do they look like they want to go out with a bang or are they kind of going out with a whimper?

NuxFan09 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 06:07 PM
  #294
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 500
Haven't watched much of it but nice breakaway rush by Blomstrand

orcatown is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 06:15 PM
  #295
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 500
Rodin scores - had just missed a wide open chance on a good set up by Grenier

orcatown is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 06:23 PM
  #296
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 500
Blomstrand just about breaks away again short handed

orcatown is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 06:31 PM
  #297
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 500
All done! Sprool looks very good as a Detroit prospect.

Part I saw Blomstrand stood out for the Wolves

orcatown is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 08:27 PM
  #298
NuxFan09
Registered User
 
NuxFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,166
vCash: 500
Thanks for the comments orcatown.

I guess that's a wrap for the Wolves this season and their affiliation with the Canucks altogether. I'm hoping we see a couple prospects get some NHL minutes this week.

NuxFan09 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 09:53 PM
  #299
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 22,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Are you watching, Tiranis? What's the general disposition of the team today? Do they look like they want to go out with a bang or are they kind of going out with a whimper?
Sorry, not ignoring you, I just didn't watch most of the last 2 games.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 10:39 PM
  #300
CanadianPirate
Registered User
 
CanadianPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Rodin scores - had just missed a wide open chance on a good set up by Grenier
How has Grenier looked? And how physical is he? I've heard he is a gentle giant type. Are we talking inconsistent physically (sort of Taylor Pyatt?) or not at all (Marek Malik?).

CanadianPirate is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.