HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is PK Subban the Norris Front-runner?

Old
04-11-2013, 11:18 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
You're not the only one to believe a that he could sign for less money so the team stay competitive and sign other players. Patch sign for 4,5M for that reason. I see Subban signing for 5,75M for 6 years. Even with a Norris.
That ship sailed when the habs lowballed him and insisted on a bridge contract.

But if Subban feels incredibly generous and is willing to sign for 5,75M after a Norris (if he wins), then I think it would have to be 8 years.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:23 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
6 years 6.5 million or a bit less IMO. I don't think they'll pay him more than Price who is the highest paid player in Franchise HISTORY!

I think Subban would take a 6 year 6.25 million if it was offered. He just wants what is fair, from what he was saying during the contract dispute.

To be honest though, I could see him just taking a 7-8 deal at what Markov is making but maybe I put too much faith in his personality and attitude towards playing for MTL.

That being said, there could be some residual ******** (which I doubt) and he could try and take them to the grinders for a 7+ contract. Doubt it though.
Agreed...they'll start with that...it would be nice if price goes on a tear here and wins the vezina so bergy can say, hey...this is a vezina goalie and he gets 6.5,,,,your a norris d-man so 6.5 is whats fair and not a penny more....but Im confident that we'll get him done for that or less either way though, bergy know's what he's doing...whatever he does it will be the right choice.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:24 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
I will compare it because it is relevant. Yeah, Karlsson ACTUALLY did it but that doesn't mean Subban wouldn't/couldn't do it in an 82 game season.

If we wanna compare what Karlsson actually did and what PK is actually doing, then Karlsson had 31 points in his first 34 games last year. Subban currently has 34 points in 34 games this year... So I guess if we're going to talk in "actual facts" so to speak, you are watching Subban have the same season Karlsson had.
Karlsson was also 21 while PK is 23 this year. I think Karlsson will always be the best offensive player of the 2 while PK is a more well rounded player.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
6 years 6.5 million or a bit less IMO. I don't think they'll pay him more than Price who is the highest paid player in Franchise HISTORY!
I see Gomez's name already deleted from the records.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:04 AM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
I will compare it because it is relevant. Yeah, Karlsson ACTUALLY did it but that doesn't mean Subban wouldn't/couldn't do it in an 82 game season.

If we wanna compare what Karlsson actually did and what PK is actually doing, then Karlsson had 31 points in his first 34 games last year. Subban currently has 34 points in 34 games this year... So I guess if we're going to talk in "actual facts" so to speak, you are watching Subban have the same season Karlsson had.
You didn't watch Karlsson last season then, I watch the sens a lot and Karlsson is unreal offensively. There is no knowing whether Subban will keep up his current production, which is the reason you said he's on pace for 82 points...who knows if he'd hit 82 points or not though the season is long and 40+ games can take a toll on a player towards the end of the season. Karlsson was dominant from start to finish last season, even games he did poorly in compared to the usual games, he still managed to have a good presence so that's saying something. He was amazing in both ends like Subban is right now but imo a step above PK.

Karlsson's defensive play is underrated and people claim he sucks at it, but if there's anyone I'd trade Subban for then it would be for Karlsson and I think that is a trade we might end up winning...but there's no telling how Karlsson will play after his injury. Right now I think Karlsson is better (mostly based on his last season + 14 games this season) but down the road its a wash, it can go either way.

04-12-2013, 02:08 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
That ship sailed when the habs lowballed him and insisted on a bridge contract.

But if Subban feels incredibly generous and is willing to sign for 5,75M after a Norris (if he wins), then I think it would have to be 8 years.
No way in hell that it will happen. It will be a minimum of 6.5M$ per, he could very well have 8.5M$ anywhere else in the league but thank god he will be an RFA.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 04:12 AM
HabsDood
We're the best

Poll on the topic today on NHL.com lower right part of the front page... http://www.nhl.com/index.html

Verry thight right now..

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 04:36 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
No way in hell that it will happen. It will be a minimum of 6.5M$ per, he could very well have 8.5M$ anywhere else in the league but thank god he will be an RFA.
No way he would be asking for 8.5m anywhere, but I could see him wanting 7m

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Poll on the topic today on NHL.com lower right part of the front page... http://www.nhl.com/index.html

Verry thight right now..
The fact that chara, beauchemin, and ekman larsson combine for 45% of the votes makes it very hard to take serious. It's a two horse race between suter and subban, and right now subban is looking like the winner, but that can change.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:17 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Not sure why people are all wishing we'd win all those trophies....They do realize that it cost way more if we do right? Let them wins trophies when there are no contracts to renegotiate....

Geez, will this guy cost WAY more than it would have cost when he signed....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:54 AM
PricePkPatch*

So... NHL14 will be announced in 3 days. You think PK has a chance to make the cover?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:24 AM
HabsDood
We're the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
The fact that chara, beauchemin, and ekman larsson combine for 45% of the votes makes it very hard to take serious. It's a two horse race between suter and subban, and right now subban is looking like the winner, but that can change.
The "OTHER" at 17% is probably Phaneuf

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:40 AM
BLONG7

PK is right in the thick of it, but the Norris seems to go to the older guys, usually, although last year Karlsson won it based on his insanr year for points...

Subban or Suter....

No matter what happens, Subban will cost us 6.0M+ for 7-8 yrs...get ready for it...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Somehow Don Cherry will take credit for it.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

PK Subban has more points than anyone on the following rosters: BOS, CBJ, STL, MTL, BUFF, MINN, CAL, DAL, FLA, NSH & NJD.

And the rest of the rosters he would be either #2 or #3.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'm secretly hoping he DOESN'T get it so he still has something to prove next year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Receiving the Norris wouldn't lower his drive IMO. It would just make him hungrier for a second one. He's got that insane compete level.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm secretly hoping he DOESN'T get it so he still has something to prove next year.
No way, I hope subban has a terrific career and to start it off with a Norris would be huge.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Great article!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/j...rove-em-wrong/

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
I don't know guys. He's still not convincingly better than Hamonic. I need to see more.
hamonic? you mean del zotto?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:42 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Was just coming to post this. Great great article.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
aingaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Karlsson was also 21 while PK is 23 this year. I think Karlsson will always be the best offensive player of the 2 while PK is a more well rounded player.
Don't forget the fact that Karlsson had Spezza on his team.
Montreal doesn't have any players that come close to Spezza.
In fact this year, PK is doing while most of their "star" forwards aren't playing to their normal levels.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:03 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
Don't forget the fact that Karlsson had Spezza on his team.
Montreal doesn't have any players that come close to Spezza.
In fact this year, PK is doing while most of their "star" forwards aren't playing to their normal levels.
Last night was a great example of this. Those were 2 very hard earned points for Subban. He would've had a couple points if Patches and DD could've done something with this setups in the first and second periods.

This is not to take anything away from Karlsson. He earned basically every single one of those 76 points. But when Karlsson makes a really good play, the person he makes that play to has a higher chance of doing something with it.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:05 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So, out of curiousity, who is he referring to in a negative fashion? They? Is he pointing towards some people in the media?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
So, out of curiousity, who is he referring to in a negative fashion? They? Is he pointing towards some people in the media?
Seems pretty obvious to me he is... I even asked one media member who retreated thus article if he felt targeted by the comments

Love his attitude... How anyone can doubt this players, really baffles me

417 is online now   Reply With Quote