Notices

Time to get rid of Jarome Iginla?

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2005, 11:59 PM
King_Brown

vCash: 500
Time to get rid of Jarome Iginla?

After his little rant after the NHL season got cancelled, I couldnt have hated our superstar anymore, which I thought would never happen. Hes the best player in the world right now, but his little rant rubbed me the wrong way, his actions also, so do you guys think its time to get rid of him? Will he be accepted back, because I know a lot of people took offence to the way he conduced himself on this matter. Our leader, the best players, acting like a selfish looser, no heart after that playoff performance.

We could get a lot back in form of players and draft picks. I don't think it would be a wise move even though I am still mad at him. Hes up in Edmonton skating with thoose non playoff Oilers, and then complaining about the Flames, when Sutter is talking about our team being a tight family. Hes there ranting off about garbage up in Edmonton.

I would of blasted the Flames and probablly quit going to games for a while if they had traded Iginla pre rant, but after his little show, I am now open to him being shown the door. Even if we can afford him, I wouldnt be mad at all if he is traded, I would be more mad if Phanuef was traded. I think we should keep him as long as we can, but if a right offer came along bye bye cry baby.

Last edited by King_Brown: 04-20-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Old
04-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Ice Cream Man
Size? lol

What rants are you talking about? Do you have any links that could actually support your argument?

Iginla is, and will remain for the next while, a Flame. I don't know if these 'comments' were about the Flames, but if they were about the PA and the lockout itself, every union member is spewing the same mouthcrap. It doesn't matter if its a Flame, a Wing, a Devil, whatever... it's all the same.

As a player, Calgary needs Jarome Iginla. Sutter has gone on record as mentioning him and Regehr as the core of the team to build around.

Old
04-20-2005, 01:20 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Calgary with Iginla = good team.
Calgary without Iginla = not very good team.

About as simple as I can put it. As I have mentioned before, game 7 vs the Canucks last year, Iginla turned in the single most dominating performance by one player I have ever seen. You can quote Marc Crawford and Sutter on that, as well.

Old
04-20-2005, 06:28 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Brown
After his little rant after the NHL season got cancelled, I couldnt have hated our superstar anymore, which I thought would never happen. Hes the best player in the world right now, but his little rant rubbed me the wrong way, his actions also, so do you guys think its time to get rid of him? Will he be accepted back, because I know a lot of people took offence to the way he conduced himself on this matter. Our leader, the best players, acting like a selfish looser, no heart after that playoff performance.

We could get a lot back in form of players and draft picks. I don't think it would be a wise move even though I am still mad at him. Hes up in Edmonton skating with thoose non playoff Oilers, and then complaining about the Flames, when Sutter is talking about our team being a tight family. Hes there ranting off about garbage up in Edmonton.

I would of blasted the Flames and probablly quit going to games for a while if they had traded Iginla pre rant, but after his little show, I am now open to him being shown the door. Even if we can afford him, I wouldnt be mad at all if he is traded, I would be more mad if Phanuef was traded. I think we should keep him as long as we can, but if a right offer came along bye bye cry baby.
It looks like the rant is all yours, right now. Since you're new, you can be excused this once. The Trade Rumors board has featured more trade proposals, involving Iginla, than any sane person would care to imagine. We'll see where this thread goes, but it's definitely on serious probation now.

Old
04-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Iginla is your team. You can't trade your team away.

You should not think trading iginla away, he's franchise player for you guys.

Old
04-20-2005, 10:44 AM
saillias

vCash: 50
He hasn't said anything worth getting your panties in a bunch about. All he said was that he was frustrated there was no deal. Better ship him out of here!

Old
04-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Maybe grow up and get over his comments? Plenty of NHLers have said worse. Sutter wants him for his on-ice abilities, not for his commentary on the lockout. And if Sutter deals him it will be because of budget issues and making our team stronger, not because he stuck his foot in his mouth.

Old
04-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Arastiroth

Quote:

I didn't read what exactly he said, but I believe he was just frustrated that there was no hockey this year? Would you rather he was happy and excited? It isn't like he said Calgary was a town full of idiots who knew nothing about hockey. However, I'm sure there are roughly 29 teams who hope Calgary wants to ship him out.

Old
04-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Colorado Avalanche

If you don't want him, AVS are happy to have iginla.

Old
04-20-2005, 12:31 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

In a lot of ways I see Iginla as the new Messier. He is in his prime age... it would be silly to trade him right now...but the right deal could come along. Like the #1 pick in the next draft, straight up. LOL

Old
04-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Ice Cream Man
Size? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
If you don't want him, AVS are happy to have iginla.
Like the Avs need anymore talent in their lineup. You guys are stacked; you have no need for ANOTHER all-star player.

Old
04-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Hejduk for Iginla? kthxbye.

Old
04-20-2005, 03:02 PM
King_Brown

I dunno I was just trying to create some discussion, glad to see people don't want to see him traded either do I. Even though they way he talked about the lockout and everything even after they asked him what he felt about Sutters comment about our team he kept going on and on about the NHL in a negative way.

It would take a lot, possibly Eric LIndros type package to get him off our team for sure. Hes not the best in the world for nothing.

Old
04-20-2005, 03:55 PM
HuskyFlames

The only way the Flames deal Iginla is if the Flames decide to rebuild BUT they do not need to rebuild since the core is quite young and the rest of the team isn't old either (AKA Toronto style).

Old
04-20-2005, 06:24 PM
chriss_co

Iggy is a hockey player.. not a lawyer.. not a PR guy.... i dont think he understood the fan reaction to his statements at the time

but it doesn't matter, every PA player was busy spewing unmentionable liquids during the climax of the lockout

and u dont trade away a player for talking

Old
04-20-2005, 09:51 PM
CalgaryThrasher

The success of this team relies more on the defence core and Miikka Kiprusoff than Jarome Iginla.

Old
04-21-2005, 12:01 PM
MissTeeks

Quote:

Jarome Iginla was mad! He was being accused of going behind the PA's back along with several other trying to get a deal. And it didn't work and the season was cancelled anyways! And he was mad! I would have been too. That's no reason to trade him.

Old
04-22-2005, 10:01 PM
FLYLine24*

LOL, some iggy fan you must have been, because Iginla said something you didnt agree with you want to ship him out? That made me laugh.

Old
04-22-2005, 10:17 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

let me put it simply *ahem*:

Iginla is to Calgary as Brick is to brick wall...basically, he's a core player that the Flames has built their team around. Take a brick outta the brick wall, the wall ain't as strong and might crumble.

Old
04-22-2005, 10:52 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml_4ever
let me put it simply *ahem*:

Iginla is to Calgary as Brick is to brick wall...basically, he's a core player that the Flames has built their team around. Take a brick outta the brick wall, the wall ain't as strong and might crumble.
Yes, but on the same hand..the Flames will get a few "bricks back" which OVERALL could make the "wall stronger"

Old
04-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Sec of Partying Down

No matter what's going on with the Flames, you can count on some people calling for the trade of Jarome Iginla. Trading Iginla at this point would be, by far, the worst move made by a Flames GM, maybe ever.

Old
04-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Yes, but on the same hand..the Flames will get a few "bricks back" which OVERALL could make the "wall stronger"
You mean bricks such as Simon Gagne or Eric Daze? I think I'll pass. He is everything one could hope for in an NHL player. You don't trade him, you keep him and build around him. It's not like this up in the air, it's already worked.

Old
04-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryThrasher
The success of this team relies more on the defence core and Miikka Kiprusoff than Jarome Iginla.
CalgaryThrasher meet Shean Donovan. He scored 17 goals for the Flames last season, good for second on the team.

Old
04-22-2005, 11:55 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser Wonder
You mean bricks such as Simon Gagne or Eric Daze? I think I'll pass. He is everything one could hope for in an NHL player. You don't trade him, you keep him and build around him. It's not like this up in the air, it's already worked.
IT is hard to tell what Iginla would bring back. We can honestly suggest alot of young, talented players would be coming back, that is forsure. Say Gagne and Carter...it could be interesting. A legit NHL player with Gagne, a potential 2way star player with Carter and extra money from Iginla's cut salary to keep together the defense and Kipper (which I think is the most important part of the team - defense and Kipper) plus a bit of cash to make a splash on the UFA market if needed to. It does open a lot of options...it would be a long, hard decision.

Old
04-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
IT is hard to tell what Iginla would bring back. We can honestly suggest alot of young, talented players would be coming back, that is forsure. Say Gagne and Carter...it could be interesting. A legit NHL player with Gagne, a potential 2way star player with Carter and extra money from Iginla's cut salary to keep together the defense and Kipper (which I think is the most important part of the team - defense and Kipper) plus a bit of cash to make a splash on the UFA market if needed to. It does open a lot of options...it would be a long, hard decision.
It's an easy decision. Iginla is the best player in the NHL, and the offer would have to be huge to even get consideration. The fact is that the Flames aren't in a rebuilding mode, they are an elite team. When the NHL comes back, the Flames will compete for the cup, IMO. There is no point in trading him.

Closed Thread