HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spezza Theory

Old
04-10-2013, 04:49 PM
trobby

vCash: 500
I don't see Spezza back this year....unless we make a crazy run.

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:52 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post
I don't see Spezza back this year....unless we make a crazy run.
We don't make a crazy run unless Spezza or Karlsson is back.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:46 PM
BuckyDornster
Speed kills, Del.

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
If Spezza was truly done for the year I think BM would have traded for Roy (who only went for a 2nd rounder and an AHLer). We could have pulled something like that off I think.
Was a big interview with Murray prior to the trade deadline where he bemoaned GM's trading 2nd round picks (and his own doing so in the past) because it's basically giving away the future for a short-term fix. I'd be shocked if Murray gave away another second or first unless the return was a young, long-term asset.

As for Spezza, they were talking about it on Team1200 this morning, no one wanted to say anything or confirmed they knew anything. Looks like it's really under wraps, sadly.

BuckyDornster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:45 PM
malcolmedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
I find it really hard to believe someone on a hockeyboard to have legit source, nonetheless, I believe you
Ottawa is actually the team I have the most sources in. For the record I'm just a normal guy, who loves hockey. I meet a lot of people on the west coast in Sens gear. I also have a lot of info that comes out of Washington. I can tell you Semin reads a lot of books and is very anti-social.

However I never name sources in public, if you really want to know PM me and I'll tell you, maybe.

As far as this Karlsson video, no not supposed to be public knowledge. As for Spezza, his recovery is just a giant train wreck. Like I said he should be joining Erik soon, key word is should.

malcolmedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Iggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmedge View Post
As far as this Karlsson video, no not supposed to be public knowledge. As for Spezza, his recovery is just a giant train wreck. Like I said he should be joining Erik soon, key word is should.
Lavoie said he had a setback and most likely will miss the regular season. So yeah the best care scenario has not happened.

The real question is he back on track ? or is he still in pain and they're hoping it will go away and he'll be back by the playoffs ?

I am thinking no news is bad news because then we'd have cell phone footage of him skating at Sensplex (if they caught EK on tape I am sure they'd catch Spezza).

Iggy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:12 PM
malcolmedge

Quote:
Lavoie said he had a setback and most likely will miss the regular season. So yeah the best care scenario has not happened.

The real question is he back on track ? or is he still in pain and they're hoping it will go away and he'll be back by the playoffs ?

I am thinking no news is bad news because then we'd have cell phone footage of him skating at Sensplex (if they caught EK on tape I am sure they'd catch Spezza).
It comes down to the point where it might have been a botched surgery. Best case he is on soon, most likely done for season.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Iggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmedge View Post
It comes down to the point where it might have been a botched surgery. Best case he is on soon, most likely done for season.
Botched surgery ? They said it was a success after it occurred, although from what I read the results of the operation vary and there are no guarantees.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:34 PM
malcolmedge

Quote:
Botched surgery ? They said it was a success after it occurred, although from what I read the results of the operation vary and there are no guarantees.
Well Daniel Sedin, or was it Henrik... god I mix them up. Had the same surgery quietly in the offseason of 2009 or 2008 (The year before he won the Hart) it worked amazingly, until the SCF where it was just plain done.

Edler had a similir surgery and too 2 and half months. Yet his still bugs him too.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Iggy77

https://twitter.com/Citizenkwarren/s...29445493358592

Ken Warren @Citizenkwarren
Apparently, Jason Spezza is making some progress in back injury, but hasn't returned to skating yet. Mike Hoffman is also out indefinitely

Some good news(bad news on Hoffman) ?

Old
04-14-2013, 12:27 AM
SensTopLine

Apologize for bumping but I gotta get any current info on the guy. The suspense is killing me and yes I am aware of currently homering but the season is down to the last couple of weeks and we all thought he was progressing, then received news he wasn't and had a set back then he is slowly progressing with new medicine, etc. I'd feel better knowing he's either going to play the last 4 games or out for the rest of the year (playoffs included, assuming we secure a spot).

SensTopLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:40 AM
HockeySens

Quote:
https://twitter.com/Citizenkwarren/s...29445493358592

Ken Warren @Citizenkwarren
Apparently, Jason Spezza is making some progress in back injury, but hasn't returned to skating yet. Mike Hoffman is also out indefinitely

Some good news(bad news on Hoffman) ?
Progress is always good so thats good news. Hopefully he starts skating this week

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:14 AM
stev0888

A family friend who is a back surgeon recently went to a conference in Florida regarding sports related surgery. The whole presentation was based on what not to do and referred to Spezza's surgery throughout. Not to say Spezza had it done wrong, but just not properly 100%.

stev0888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev0888 View Post
a family friend who is a back surgeon recently went to a conference in florida regarding sports related surgery. The whole presentation was based on what not to do and referred to spezza's surgery throughout. Not to say spezza had it done wrong, but just not properly 100%.
f*%skas#$k!
that's, not, positive.
at a conference regarding the whole world of sport injury "here's what not to do."

that's just fan F%&!*%#@!!ING-tastic.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Flamingo

What's this about Spezza's back-checking in Florida?

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
A family friend who is a back surgeon recently went to a conference in Florida regarding sports related surgery. The whole presentation was based on what not to do and referred to Spezza's surgery throughout. Not to say Spezza had it done wrong, but just not properly 100%.
Well that's encouraging.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Well that's encouraging.
I guess it would have been about handling Spezza's back issues through his career.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Larionov

vCash: 50
Playoffs start in 15 days, and Spezza is nowhere near even working up a sweat on the ice. The odds of an appearance by him this season are growing slimmer by the day. It's pretty clear now that the focus is a healthy return for camp in September, as it is with Karlsson.

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Caje

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not buying it. Spezza would have to give permission to the surgeon for him to be able to talk about the specifics in public like that, and I highly doubt that's something Spezza or the Sens organization would ever grant permission for.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Smash88

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
Yeah, I'm not buying it. Spezza would have to give permission to the surgeon for him to be able to talk about the specifics in public like that, and I highly doubt that's something Spezza or the Sens organization would ever grant permission for.
This.

They wouldn't be able to specifically name him..

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
BankStreetParade

Quote:
As in "here's what not to do" and "here's what Spezza's excellent doctors did correctly in the same situation?" Right?

BankStreetParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Pancakes Pancakes

Speaking of Spezza, I had a chance to chat with Pierre Dorion after the game yesterday, and asked about Spezza and Karlsson and if they were expecting either back. He said Karlsson was very likely, but he told me they didn't expect Spezza to be back this year. He said he's working hard, but looks unlikely at this point.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:38 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes View Post
Speaking of Spezza, I had a chance to chat with Pierre Dorion after the game yesterday, and asked about Spezza and Karlsson and if they were expecting either back. He said Karlsson was very likely, but he told me they didn't expect Spezza to be back this year. He said he's working hard, but looks unlikely at this point.
Bummer (about Spezz), I really miss him.

Cool that you got to chat with Dorion, seems like an interesting guy.

Edit: and it only makes sense that Spezz won't make it back. He'd need "light skating" on his own for a week or two, then practice for, what, 2 weeks MINIMUM? Probably a month or more from the time he gets back on the ice before he plays a game. Maybe if we make a deep run, but sadly it looks like no Spezz this year.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote