HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 189: Remembering Mogilny 100 Years From Now

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

vCash: 500
I'm looking at window washers cleaning the tall-ass building on Lexington from my office and I can't imagine how terrifying it is.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
I'm looking at window washers cleaning the tall-ass building on Lexington from my office and I can't imagine how terrifying it is.
i cant even look up at them or i'll get sick. i dont like heights, and i dont like cleaning. not a viable vocation for me, although i bet recessions-be-damned, they are always gonna have work in NYC

Old
04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
CerebralGenesis

what does seeing aberrations entail?

Old
04-11-2013, 10:12 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

dead people.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:51 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
There's a 14 year old in the masters field today. I mean, really????

Old
04-11-2013, 10:56 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
what does seeing aberrations entail?

essentially that. the starbursting is the worst. imagine being in a dimly lit restaurant with white xmas lights and each one has that size starburst around it. it's brutal.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:58 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Public Safety Reminder:

DO NOT TEXT AND FLY

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/texti...m28b_AAtA.html

Old
04-11-2013, 11:01 AM
BrodeursCups

Vonn watching woods at the master. Look at the girl below her. Looks thrilled to be there

Old
04-11-2013, 11:02 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
It actually really looks like that here...
No it doesnt, I've been there. The flowers are very pretty and everything, but CBS definitely does something to enhance color on their still shots.

The below is a real picture from Augusta. I have no idea if they'll do it this year, but in the last few years CBS will have a still shot of flowers etc... while going to commercial, and it either looks like Disney cartoonist got their hands on it or they put plutonium in the flower bed.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:04 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post

Look at the girl below her. Looks thrilled to be there
Looks like she stepped out of 1920s England.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:05 AM
BrodeursCups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Looks like she stepped out of 1920s England.
Right? I can't stop laughing

Old
04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
No it doesnt, I've been there. The flowers are very pretty and everything, but CBS definitely does something to enhance color on their still shots.

The below is a real picture from Augusta. I have no idea if they'll do it this year, but in the last few years CBS will have a still shot of flowers etc... while going to commercial, and it either looks like Disney cartoonist got their hands on it or they put plutonium in the flower bed.

well i won't speak for the golf course itself, but i know what you're talking about and on good days i've seen pretty close to it in my own back yard. flowers are always very vibrant here this time of year.

it wouldn't surprise me if the shots are enhanced, but i wouldn't be sure they are either.

edit: these are some pictures a friend of mine took a couple weeks ago a little south of atlanta. no filters

Last edited by Rhodes 81: 04-11-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old
04-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
Yup. I know my short game wasn't as bad as it seemed. I was hitting good putts and chips but the bounces and rolls were completely unpredictable.

And the group behind us... I mean, it was just my brother and I. We're both pretty good and actually play very fast. Generally finish 18 in less than 3 hours which includes stopping at the turn for a hotdog and chips. And the guys behind us were just 2. No one behind them. Literally no one else came to the course after them. They were hitting shots to within 10 yards of us. And we weren't playing slow. So at the turn one guy left and it was just the one guy behind us. We tried to let him play through but he refused and would only play with us. Whatever. It was the first round of the season but this almost always screws me up. Like I feel the need to impress this person for some reason and it just completely screws me up. And this guy, no practice swings. No lining anything up. Hit. Drive to ball. Hit. Drive to ball. Chip. Putt. Next tee. He wasn't bad but not great either. Just ludicrously fast and I kept feeling like I was holding him up. I wish he would have just played through...
I think I get the same way mentally sometimes. I don't know if its that way when I play with my dad, or just when other people are thrown in the group with us. I don't THINK like I have to impress anyone, but I think its in the back of my mind, especially if I'm struggling/spraying a bit and everyone else is keeping their ball in play. I feel like I'm not moving the ball well enough and am slowing things down so it gets to me a bit. I tend to play far better with friends than with my dad for whatever reason. And its not like my dad is any better than the friends I play with, so its not a talent level thing. Its just weird. But I get the same way with other people playing in the group, especially if they're not really screwing up shots and I am here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I know where you're coming from. If the group behind me is ever hitting into me I will not hesitate to tee their ball up and rip it across the course.

Unless there is NOBODY in front of you and you're not letting a quicker group behind you go through...Then you have it coming.
I rarely have it that bad where they're hitting to within 10-30 yards of where I'm standing. But the other day it was quite often a situation where I'm in the fairway and they're ready/waiting to tee off, or I'm on the green, maybe yet to even hit my first putt, and they're a wedge/small iron out from the green and are just waiting in the middle of the fairway. Our pace of play was fine, and we weren't playing too poorly either. Its just that the group behind us either was playing rather well, or just two people will run through the hole a lot faster than three so they were always right behind. If someone hits one into where I'm standing and its like 10 yards away, I've been pretty tempted to just throw it or hit it back to them. But mostly because its almost always a situation of someone who couldn't wait 30 seconds. Its not like I'm 280-300 yards out from the tee and someone just really got a hold of one that they didn't expect.

And in my case from the other day, letting the group behind us play through would have gotten nowhere. We weren't exactly one shot behind the group in front of us, but they were always on the hole in front of us. We may have been teeing off on a par 4 when they were already on the green, but never anything further than that. Far enough that we didn't have to wait at a tee, but close enough that we never lost sight of the group in front of us. Essentially, exactly where we should be in relation to the group in front.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:28 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
these are some pictures a friend of mine took a couple weeks ago a little south of atlanta. no filters

Yes, they look very much like pretty flowers. They dont look like I will die from radiation contamination if I get within 6 feet of them.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Yes, they look very much like pretty flowers. They dont look like I will die from radiation contamination if I get within 6 feet of them.
I'm just going to assume I haven't seen what you're talking about and move on...

Old
04-11-2013, 12:42 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post

essentially that. the starbursting is the worst. imagine being in a dimly lit restaurant with white xmas lights and each one has that size starburst around it. it's brutal.
Ya I know what starbursts are. I think it's funny they call it aberrations is all.

Like I said the other day, every time I think about lasik and read your posts, I change my mind instantly. Darn eyeballs

Old
04-11-2013, 01:04 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
I'm just going to assume I haven't seen what you're talking about and move on...
yeah, do that. dont listen to jelly people from new freakin jersey...just enjoy that, you lucky SOB

Old
04-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Cowbell232

Yeah, OFS has totally ruined the idea of getting LASIK for me too, haha.

Sucks big time about work, but glad to hear your getting your vision straightened out.

04-11-2013, 01:30 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Yeah, OFS has totally ruined the idea of getting LASIK for me too, haha.
Must have missed the OFS talk, but LASIK darn near blinded my Godmother and nearly led to disaster.

She's very smart/cautious, did her research, and went to one of the most reputable places in NJ that had done thousands of prior procedures. One thing I've definitely learned from her experience is that if you do elect to get this procedure, DO NOT have both eyes done at the same time, just in case you're the victim of one of the rare mishaps.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:34 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

So I'm not computer savvy at all as many of you know, and I HATE "targeted internet advertising" with a passion (as many of you also know since HFBoards is a major perpetrator). For instance, I HATE being bombarded for 3 or 4 days with Rossignol internet adds because I happened to recently be looking online at Icelantic skis, etc...

So I downloaded DoNotTrackME, and I'm very impressed with it so far. It hides your searching behaviour from websites, and even tells you for each website you visit that is secretly tracking you how many outside sources they're sharing your search data with (and names them), and blocks them.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
So I'm not computer savvy at all as many of you know, and I HATE "targeted internet advertising" with a passion (as many of you also know since HFBoards is a major perpetrator). For instance, I HATE being bombarded for 3 or 4 days with Rossignol internet adds because I happened to recently be looking online at Icelantic skis, etc...

So I downloaded DoNotTrackME, and I'm very impressed with it so far. It hides your searching behaviour from websites, and even tells you for each website you visit that is secretly tracking you how many outside sources they're sharing your search data with (and names them), and blocks them.
I just use AdBlocker Pro for Chrome. Works like a charm.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
BrodeursCups

The 14 year old shoots a 38 on the front. Not bad at all...

Old
04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post

I get that now...just actually discussed with my eye doctor about lasik and my pupils are too big.

I'm okay with glasses and contacts for the rest of my life.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Love watching the Masters.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:54 PM
BrodeursCups

Sergio is 5 down right now. I can't take him seriously until I see how he looks on the back 9 Sunday if he's in contention...

Closed Thread