HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

EA - Worst Company in America... repeat?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
  #1
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,613
vCash: 500
EA - Worst Company in America... repeat?

...

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/08/wo...vs-ea-part-ii/

Voting ends soon for worst company in america 2013... EA took this crown in 2012 beating Bank Of America in the final and this year both are back in the final bracket.

What I didn't know is that EA COO Peter Moore Came out the other day blaming the voting for EA on homophobia...:
http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea...y-madden-fans/


LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
  #2
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
hahaha EA just can't stop

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:04 PM
  #3
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 19,840
vCash: 500
BoA really deserves it more. EA makes video games, BoA has ruined people's lives.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:06 PM
  #4
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
BoA really deserves it more. EA makes video games, BoA has ruined people's lives.
Very very true.

Sadly EA keeps doing things to garauntee they will get votes.

LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
  #5
Francesa
Registered User
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 176,234
vCash: 500
EA is much worse than BoA. I am BoA and I have no issue with them

EA has repeatedly put out faulty and incomplete products

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
  #6
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,085
vCash: 500
EA is just terrible

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:49 PM
  #7
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,193
vCash: 807
http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/14/simcit...-play-3542102/

EA have been lying to everyone about Sim City. Talk about hating on your consumers

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:49 PM
  #8
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,202
vCash: 256
EA?

They make video games.... Yeah sure they have really lame business practices but let's be real here! They don't ruin anybody's lives.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:44 PM
  #9
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,379
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
EA?

They make video games.... Yeah sure they have really lame business practices but let's be real here! They don't ruin anybody's lives.
I haven't been the same since the MVP baseball series was discontinued TBH

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:49 PM
  #10
Francesa
Registered User
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 176,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I haven't been the same since the MVP baseball series was discontinued TBH
I hear that

MVP was damn good game back in the day

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:12 PM
  #11
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Does the bank charge for bonus DLC to see your full statement each month?

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
  #12
karnige
Real Life FTL
 
karnige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 12,090
vCash: 500
its a video game company this is so stupid. they didn't deserve it last year either. christ

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:48 PM
  #13
Seedtype
Registered User
 
Seedtype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio?!?!
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
At first I thought this thread was about worst video games company in the US... but they're talking about all companies???

Yeah I'm sorry, EA does suck, but come on, stuff like banks, retailers, etc. that screw people over is a lot worst than what EA has done.

Though they haven't released Mass Effect 3 on Steam and I refuse to use Origin... hmm.

/votes EA as worst company.


Seedtype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
  #14
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,361
vCash: 50
You guys know that all these votes are by script kiddies from 4chan, right?

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:31 PM
  #15
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedtype View Post
At first I thought this thread was about worst video games company in the US... but they're talking about all companies???

Yeah I'm sorry, EA does suck, but come on, stuff like banks, retailers, etc. that screw people over is a lot worst than what EA has done.

Though they haven't released Mass Effect 3 on Steam and I refuse to use Origin... hmm.

/votes EA as worst company.

That's the problem with an online voting system when you cater to that demographic primarily as a games company.

And yes we know of 4chan AT.

LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:52 PM
  #16
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Does the bank charge for bonus DLC to see your full statement each month?
no, but they have foreclosed and padlocked wrong houses and houses that the owner paid cash for. that's a lot more serious than some stupid dlc.

but then again, some people on the internet didn't get what they want so that's worse.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:06 PM
  #17
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
no, but they have foreclosed and padlocked wrong houses and houses that the owner paid cash for. that's a lot more serious than some stupid dlc.

but then again, some people on the internet didn't get what they want so that's worse.
I think BoA sucks and they are a predatory company (but almost all companies have some predatory instincts). The truth is though I don't touch Bank of America with a ten foot pole. I have credit unions and other banks I deal with. A lot of different banks.

With games, there isn't much out there in terms of sport's games or what were some of my favorite titles as companies are being snatched up. I can't say well, I want to play SimCity but not published by EA.

I can go, I want to have a loan but not through Bank of America.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:10 PM
  #18
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,085
vCash: 500
some people don't have a choice though. and bank of america's crimes are much worse than putting out an incomplete game like simcity, or the same game every year like nhl. if you don't like it, stop buying it. i'd love to play an nhl game with updated rosters. but i got tired of pissing my money away every year to play the same game with new rosters. buy a sega and a copy of nhl 94. or get a little creative with the internet and find some great work being done by people updating roms of past hockey games.

making an incomplete video game isn't on par with ruining people's lives.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:29 PM
  #19
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
some people don't have a choice though
I'm curious as to why not?

Quote:
and bank of america's crimes are much worse than putting out an incomplete game like simcity, or the same game every year like nhl.
While that maybe true, we forget that EA has completed gutted some of the top talent in the business and that is sometimes hard to walk back from. They've given pink slips, shut down shops. People have lost their jobs.

Quote:
if you don't like it, stop buying it.
I have.

Quote:
making an incomplete video game isn't on par with ruining people's lives.
No, but then again, you can say, if you don't like Bank of America, do your banking elsewhere.

BTW some of the issues with BoA is self-inflicted. Buying a 300,000 house when you pull in 30 grand a year? Really? Some people are equally to blame for losing their houses as the banks.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
  #20
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,054
vCash: 500
Banks and telecoms have been bad for a long, long time. You can't convince me that BoA is measurably worse than any of the other banks. This award might actually sway EA, a corporation capable of changing without orders from congress. So I don't have a problem with them winning.

Moore's hilariously out of touch blog post just added to this divine comedy.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:02 PM
  #21
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,196
vCash: 500
BofA was a solid bank before the government through tarp funds around and begged them to take on the disasters from Lynch & Countrywide. The majority of their mortgage problems come from these acquisitions. BofA has been a scapegoat for the most part.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:10 AM
  #22
Kestrel
Registered User
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
some people don't have a choice though. and bank of america's crimes are much worse than putting out an incomplete game like simcity, or the same game every year like nhl. if you don't like it, stop buying it. i'd love to play an nhl game with updated rosters. but i got tired of pissing my money away every year to play the same game with new rosters. buy a sega and a copy of nhl 94. or get a little creative with the internet and find some great work being done by people updating roms of past hockey games.

making an incomplete video game isn't on par with ruining people's lives.
A big question then is, is being a bad company a function of being willing to do damage, or having the capacity to do so - and the answer is going to be subjective. If it's only about the willingness, and not the actual capacity, EA has definitely shown a willingness to do damage within their ability to do so - but being a software company simply doesn't present the opportunity to be foreclosing on peoples' homes. I dare say that backing SOPA does put them in some bad company though.

Kestrel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:39 AM
  #23
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post

What I didn't know is that EA COO Peter Moore Came out the other day blaming the voting for EA on homophobia...:
http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea...y-madden-fans/

This is the dumbest argument I've seen a person in charge use in a long, long time.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:08 AM
  #24
Francesa
Registered User
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 176,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Banks and telecoms have been bad for a long, long time. You can't convince me that BoA is measurably worse than any of the other banks. This award might actually sway EA, a corporation capable of changing without orders from congress. So I don't have a problem with them winning.

Moore's hilariously out of touch blog post just added to this divine comedy.
I don't agree with you a lot but I didn't see what separates BoA from all the other elitist RICH BOY institutions

They's all the same

Chase, BoA, GMAC et cetera

So why do we single out BoA, of which I am a proud client

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:55 AM
  #25
Izzy
Moderator
#SloveniaForGold2018
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,568
vCash: 270
Would be interesting if they "won"...

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.