HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Cincinnati @ Milwaukee Game 1 (7 CST)

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
GDT: Cincinnati @ Milwaukee Game 1 (7 CST)

Game 1 tonight. See where Chicago leads Houston 1-0 already. Man this is going to be a tough division for anyone to come out of.

Will be interesting to see lines here. You assume Haydar-Gamache will be back together,but doesn't look like Noel has been too overjoyed with Yarema centering those two(no wonder with only 6 pts in 16 games) ,so maybe Fiddler. Then maybe Shishkanov-Smith-Upshall....

Tootoo not ready to go evidently...Henry has pretty much stunk since his return, so i expect the same 6 dmen

Old
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
speaking of dmen who have stunk, I was really disappointed in Hutchinson's play the last two times I went to see them. He needs to step it up for the playoffs, I know he is capable.

Old
04-20-2005, 01:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

while it's certainly not always the most credible bunch, most Ads fans are praying he's traded.

Old
04-20-2005, 02:33 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

They wanted Hamhuis traded too.

Old
04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
That would have been a disaster.

Old
04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

well, to be fair...25 year old Hutch is a little different than 19 year old, raw Hamhuis. Maybe I'm biased because *I* have never been impressed by Hutchinson, but it seems like he's just getting worse and worse over time.

Old
04-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Pattypred

Hutchinson reminds me of a less talented Andy Delmore.

Old
04-20-2005, 04:41 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

A lot, and I mean a lot of these same things were said about Eaton just 2 seasons ago. You all remember the whole "question Mark" crap they posted. Hutch has great hands for a defenseman, his passing exceeds Delmore's, his vision exceeds Delmore's. We just have to get him into the Mark Eaton stay-at-home add some muscle program, and he'll be fine.

Andy Delmore could shoot the puck and that's it.

Old
04-20-2005, 04:47 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Andy Delmore could shoot the puck and that's it.
Yes! This is what's lost on a lot of people who try to compare Delmore to the likes of Zidlicky or even Hutchinson. Delmore was not a good skater. He was not a good passer. He struggled in open ice. He struggled in his own zone. He struggled one on one. He struggled against the boards. There is only two aspects of Delmore that were NHL quality and that was his shot and his size. Other than that, he's an AHL/ECHL player.

Hutch isn't great, but he's a much better player than Delmore. Hutch has good vision and is great on the PP with or without the puck. He struggles in his own zone a lot and doesn't use his size well. But with some work, his positives can well outweigh his negatives. I'm just not confident that will happen with the Predators/Ads. I think he'll find his place elsewhere.

If we are going to compare him to somebody, I would say a poor man's Tom Poti. He doesn't have the size or the skills of Poti and he doesn't have the mobility, but the overall package is very similar including the hiccups on defense.

Old
04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Yes! This is what's lost on a lot of people who try to compare Delmore to the likes of Zidlicky or even Hutchinson. Delmore was not a good skater. He was not a good passer. He struggled in open ice. He struggled in his own zone. He struggled one on one. He struggled against the boards. There is only two aspects of Delmore that were NHL quality and that was his shot and his size. Other than that, he's an AHL/ECHL player.

Hutch isn't great, but he's a much better player than Delmore. Hutch has good vision and is great on the PP with or without the puck. He struggles in his own zone a lot and doesn't use his size well. But with some work, his positives can well outweigh his negatives. I'm just not confident that will happen with the Predators/Ads. I think he'll find his place elsewhere.

If we are going to compare him to somebody, I would say a poor man's Tom Poti. He doesn't have the size or the skills of Poti and he doesn't have the mobility, but the overall package is very similar including the hiccups on defense.
Maybe we are a bit too used to Timonen and Zidlicky to really give Hutchinson a fair shake. I trust triggrman's assessment of a defenseman (for a couple of reasons, one being I have played hockey with him and the second being he has never been wrong in the past...) and smokey seems to show a similar opinion. But with the likes of Zidlicky (who admittedly suffers more than Timonen defensively but is a heck of an offensive d-man) and Timonen (and especially Timonen) to live up to, maybe we expect a lot more of Hutch.

On that note, can we expect a 2nd line center in a package of some sort from Hutch? I am all for training him to improve, but if he has trade value, we have Niskala coming up and Z and Timonen signed up for the near future. And Suter and Hamhuis who aren't slouches offensively. So can he be packaged to a team who needs an offensive dman?

Old
04-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Pred303

now i'm not making excuses for hutchinson,because the 10 or so games i've seen this year he has truely been terrible...

but you know part of all this grief hutchinson is getting is because of the pairing...face it,hutchinson thinks offense first,always has,and you have to have a strong stay at home type of dman to stay back and cover for him(or any dman you want to produce offensively)...early this year hutchinson was no different than he is now,but no one was flipping out over the guy...the difference is for the first half(or a good portion of the first half anyway)of the season he was paired with hamhuis..hamhuis covered his lapses time and time again....

tiley is a stay at home guy all right,but not talented enough to compensate for hutch's mistakes...way too slow...now the upside to this swap(suter for hutchinson) is that it allowed hamhuis to really really step up his own offensive game,because now he had a responsible dman pairing himself(suter)...i keep thinking noel has made the mistake here,choosing tiley to pair with hutchinson....looks to me like zanon or klein(too stronger dmen with much more speed than tiley,who both tend to be more stay at home) would either be better pairings with hutchinson than tiley...i could see several pairings of the 6-7 available dmen that the admirals use that would appear to be better,or at least level out the 3 lines...looks like hamhuis-klein,suter-tiley/henry,hutch-zanon/henry would give you a much more balanced lineup with each line having an offensive guy and a stay at home guy.....would also have the advantage of getting a kid like suter in a more offensive even strength role(and his offense has really started to step up this 2nd half,but you have to see it now mostly on the 2nd unit pp)

Old
04-20-2005, 08:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

but it'd be one thing if Hutch was simply getting caught pinching, but it's not just that. He gets beat man to man, overpowered on the boards, BRUTAL in front of the net. He's simply...not defensively inclined.

Old
04-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Pred303

crap...a beautiful backdoor pass on the pp splits the Milwaukee pk'ers right thru the seam..1-0 Cinci

Old
04-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Pred303

Gamache! on an impossible angle banks it in off cassivi on the pp

Old
04-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

to the ads chat you nancy boys!

Old
04-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Pred303

yarema,henry,tootoo the scratches

Old
04-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Pred303

Gamache again!..great backdoor pass from Haydar..again on the pp

Old
04-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Pred303

Wow...atta boy suter...a beauty...3-1

Old
04-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
to the ads chat you nancy boys!
where's this ads chat at? if I'm welcome....

Old
04-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Haydar has a point on every Milwaukee goal ... excellent Mr Burns, excellent!

Old
04-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Pred303

for those that don't it yet...suter is going to be a special player

Old
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

http://www.geocities.com/admiralschat/

Old
04-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Pred303

someone post a link to the admirals chatroom...sorry that one doesn't let me in...

Old
04-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Pred303

now this is the admiral powerplay we've been waiting about 6 weeks for

Old
04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
handtrick

beautiful shot over Cassivi's right shoulder by gamache....HAT TRICK
form upshall and suter on a nice three on two from a drop pass by upshall

Closed Thread