HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Justin Schultz's "Return" to Anaheim

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 11:51 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Phoenix got assets back for Turris. You guys got Eberle and Smid for Pronger. We got nothing for Schultz because he lied to management and went back on his word. He's a dishonorable piece of ****.
If management had decided not to sign him or sent him to die in the minors, would you say they were dishonorable pieces of ****, or would you say that is a decision made in the best interest of the team?

A man made a decision in his own best interest. Business and/or a personal decision. That's all. It's a man making a life decision, just as you and I would.

I like Saskatchewan. Love it, in fact. But if someone offered me the same job in Hawaii for more money, I am a grass skirt wearing mofo by tomorrow.

Edmonton is Justin's Hawaii.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
If management had decided not to sign him or sent him to die in the minors, would you say they were dishonorable pieces of ****, or would you say that is a decision made in the best interest of the team?

A man made a decision in his own best interest. Business and/or a personal decision. That's all. It's a man making a life decision, just as you and I would.

I like Saskatchewan. Love it, in fact. But if someone offered me the same job in Hawaii for more money, I am a grass skirt wearing mofo by tomorrow.

Management sending someone down is not the same as Schultz promising management he would sign here then when it comes time for him to sign he stops taking calls and refuses to speak to anyone in the Ducks organization.

And he would have earned more money in Anaheim - if he signs for the Ducks last season he burns a year of his ELC and could have hit higher bonuses.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post

Again, it has to do with him being a guy who never played before, which is justified as it's fairly rare for prospects to go this route(and don't kid yourself, every prospect can). It also has more-so to do with him leading the Ducks org. along all year, and them getting burnt in the process, as it came out of nowhere.

That last part is important. Why was the Pronger ordeal worse than what Heatley pulled? If anything, Heatley should be way worse, as he made it more than clear he was going to use his NTC if he had to and it hurt the Sens return. But, Pronger's was taken worse because it came out of nowhere. If you and your girlfriend have pretty much fallen apart, and she dumps you, you probably don't take it that hard. But if you think things are going good and she blindsides you, oh yeah, you're feeling that one.

Don't blame us for taking it hard, that's all I'm asking.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:59 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Management sending someone down is not the same as Schultz promising management he would sign here then when it comes time for him to sign he stops taking calls and refuses to speak to anyone in the Ducks organization.

And he would have earned more money in Anaheim - if he signs for the Ducks last season and he burns a year of his ELC and could have hit higher bonuses.
There is no loyalty anymore, and that is something as fans we need to get past. If Justin gets injured or isn't becoming the player they like, they would cut him loose and not give a crap if he plays in some far-flung KHL team in Siberia and is never heard from again.

The guy wanted to play in Edmonton. Maybe he has issues with big cities, who knows? It could be as simple as that. The kid is from Kelowna, played in Madison, WI. Maybe he did not want to live in a big American city.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 69
Holy ****! Nick scored! Mad props to the guy who joked about it a few pages back!

Old
04-09-2013, 12:01 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Haha Nick. Way to go bud. syz, where you at?

Old
Bobby Smash

Saw Edmonton scoring a mile away. Anaheim gets punished for not putting away their chances.

Old
Flour Child
Unleavened User

The winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
This place is going to riot if Nick Schultz scores.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:03 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Again, it has to do with him being a guy who never played before, which is justified as it's fairly rare for prospects to go this route(and don't kid yourself, every prospect can). It also has more-so to do with him leading the Ducks org. along all year, and them getting burnt in the process, as it came out of nowhere.

That last part is important. Why was the Pronger ordeal worse than what Heatley pulled? If anything, Heatley should be way worse, as he made it more than clear he was going to use his NTC if he had to and it hurt the Sens return. But, Pronger's was taken worse because it came out of nowhere. If you and your girlfriend have pretty much fallen apart, and she dumps you, you probably don't take it that hard. But if you think things are going good and she blindsides you, oh yeah, you're feeling that one.

Don't blame us for taking it hard, that's all I'm asking.
I don't blame you one bit. I am just saying that pro sports and loyalty are a thing of the past, and the kid was in a position where he could make some choices. Was it the right thing to do? No. So I get what you are saying.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:04 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
This place is going to riot if Nick Schultz scores.
Please post this every game.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Connor McOilers
We suck.

Schultz doubters should check out some footage from the first month or so of the season where he was very promising in both ends of the ice. Bottom line is he's hit the rookie wall and is worn out. He was used to the shorter college schedule, and now this year has played 34 AHL games (rough travel, and played them so well he's STILL leading all defensemen in scoring), and now his 39th NHL game tonight(6th in rookie scoring, 5 points ahead of the next defenseman Dougie Hamilton).

I'm not worried about him at all, all signs were showing that he will be just as good as any of the 1st overalls, he just needs a nice off season of rest and conditioning.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:13 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smash View Post
Saw Edmonton scoring a mile away. Anaheim gets punished for not putting away their chances.
You didn't see Dvorak scoring twice tonight. I know that much.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:14 AM
pahlsson

i didnt even know dvorak was still in the nhl

Old
04-09-2013, 12:15 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
No, but even Dvorak didn't see that coming.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:15 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
i didnt even know dvorak was still in the nhl
Just came back from the Swiss League.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Bobby Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
And you did?

Old
04-09-2013, 12:25 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
So why didn't they get this in writing? A contract? They have only themselves to blame for letting him go.
You are aware a contract needs to be signed by both parties?

I can understand Oilers fans not caring about Ducks' fans frustrations, but to argue against it is just devoid of logic.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:33 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smash View Post
And you did?
No. I'm not going after you. Relax.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Boy was he rattled tonight.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

While that "Shultz" sign wasn't very impressive, neither was Justin. He had a good chance in that last two minutes, but he looked tired and a little rattled for the most part. Winnik made him look bad on the Oil PP.

Looking forward to the next matchup.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
You are aware a contract needs to be signed by both parties?

I can understand Oilers fans not caring about Ducks' fans frustrations, but to argue against it is just devoid of logic.
Logic escapes most oiler fans on the subject.

-we don't care that he didn't want to play here. That's fine. But don't keep saying you want to. You owe the team that drafted you at least your honesty. I completely disagree about there not being loyalty. That's total BS.

-let us get something for you. Difference between this and Pronger? He was upfront about it. Oilers were compensated, ducks were spit on.

Concerning the game:

Schultz was awful. I mean lol bad. Aside from two pinches, he was invisible offensively and terribly defensively. He couldn't push Selanne off the puck, and that's saying something this year. Excited to see Getz play him.

Ducks dominated despite playing kings last night, missing two top six forwards, and a top 4 defenseman. The fact this game was close is kind of a joke on our part though. Perry has gotta finish better with Getzy out.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:49 AM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
There will be the 50 duck fans from HF booing.
Everyone else will be confused cause they don't know who he is.
This about sums it up. I live in Ducks country and have asked a few of my friends about him and they all responded with, "Who?"

Old
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

He rang a shot off the post. How was he invisible offensively? I thought he had a bad game, but he was pretty involved offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
This about sums it up. I live in Ducks country and have asked a few of my friends about him and they all responded with, "Who?"
Those 50 people should be in the opera then. FSN doesn't do a good job picking up crowd noise at Honda, and I heard the booing loud and clear every time J. Schultz touched the puck.

Old
pbgoalie

Disn't get to watch the game, but dangit
if I knew Justin was so bad in his own end,
he would have really fit in perfect with our D

Old
04-09-2013, 12:51 AM
mkoivu9*

Quote: