HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Justin Schultz's "Return" to Anaheim

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 12:20 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Do we really need to explain how it is different?
Yes. The fact that Ducks fans think he didn't give enough notice doesn't mean much. It's the same with pending UFAs. If a contract isn't signed and their camp is silent, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Yep they got screwed. So what. No one really cares and it doesn't change a thing. They'll get mad hold a grudge like a scorned ex-girlfriend while the other party moves on.

Nobody righted our wrong with Pronger or Lowe being an idiot with the Perry/Comrie trade. Nobody gonna right their wrong either. Life's unfair. They gotta deal with it.
Ducks fans care. And looks like that is pissing you off

Old
04-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Bobby Smash

This is starting to become Canadian elitist vs non-traditional hockey areas and all because Anaheim fans confused guys with the same last name, with similar number, and on the ice at the same time.

It upsets Canadians that Tampa, Carolina, Anaheim, and Los Angeles have won a Stanley Cup that the only thing for them to do is belittle those fan bases. Ottawa, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Calgary had their chance. The only time they get close to the cup win is when Detroit wins. Even then they have to see it from Windsor.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:23 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Pretty ironic considering Oiler fans boo Pronger and now Heatley.
Any Canadian should boo Heatley. Let's not forget his .. storied history.

And we burnt Pronger's furniture so we're square now.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Old Man Barking

There's a thing called integrity and class.

Schultz demonstrated neither attribute in his dealings with the Ducks - THAT'S why we boo him and don't wish him well.

If he was man about it and honest, it would have been just fine.

Instead, he was a child and acted without class or respect, thus he will receive none.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:30 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smash View Post
This is starting to become Canadian elitist vs non-traditional hockey areas and all because Anaheim fans confused guys with the same last name, with similar number, and on the ice at the same time.

It upsets Canadians that Tampa, Carolina, Anaheim, and Los Angeles have won a Stanley Cup that the only thing for them to do is belittle those fan bases. Ottawa, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Calgary had their chance. The only time they get close to the cup win is when Detroit wins. Even then they have to see it from Windsor.
It's really annoying and I half expected a lock to happen ten minutes into the game. Better threads than this have been locked.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Yes. The fact that Ducks fans think he didn't give enough notice doesn't mean much. It's the same with pending UFAs. If a contract isn't signed and their camp is silent, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen.
If you can't understand the difference between a player hitting UFA after giving the team that drafted him his 7(or whatever it is) years of service vs a college player exploiting a loophole then I can't help you. And basically this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingBolshevik View Post
There's a thing called integrity and class.

Schultz demonstrated neither attribute in his dealings with the Ducks - THAT'S why we boo him and don't wish him well.

If he was man about it and honest, it would have been just fine.

Instead, he was a child and acted without class or respect, thus he will receive none.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:45 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
No in fact they didnt patch that up I believe.

So what he did was excerisize a legal option he had at his diposal to better his life. It happens every day in all walks of life.

Come July 1st, teams can sign college dmen Kyle Bigos if he goes unsigned. Hes maintained he wants to play with the Oilers but is still unsigned. If we lose him I will mad at Tambo but I wont waste a box of kleenex crying over it. Hes legally allowed to do so
.. ya but who the **** is kyle bigos? schultz was a stud we lost for nothing. looking at bigo's profile, it doesn't even seem like he'll amount to anything more than a bottom pairing defenseman at best

Old
04-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Yep they got screwed. So what. No one really cares and it doesn't change a thing. They'll get mad hold a grudge like a scorned ex-girlfriend while the other party moves on.

Nobody righted our wrong with Pronger or Lowe being an idiot with the Perry/Comrie trade. Nobody gonna right their wrong either. Life's unfair. They gotta deal with it.
Why would anyone other than the Oilers owner be responsible for this? Horribly stupid management isn't a "wrong" that the rest of the league owes you for.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:50 AM
BobDobolina

vCash: 504
If he'd done the same to the Oilers, he'd be public enemy number one in Edmonton. Oil fans should be men enough to at least admit this.

Every single fanbase would react like the duck fans so you can hardly blame them.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:54 AM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Oh yeah, you're that wild fan who hates Anaheim after that whole perry business. Pretty subtle.
Nope.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Do Ducks fans seriously think Schultz was "rattled?"

Old
04-09-2013, 12:57 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

^ Are you...not wanting to use that? It's a cop-out we're giving to you for free.

Okay then, Schultz played like ****. Felt bad for Anaheim so he did what he could to let us have a win. To say that he contributed to Anaheim somehow. Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
If he'd done the same to the Oilers, he'd be public enemy number one in Edmonton. Oil fans should be men enough to at least admit this.

Every single fanbase would react like the duck fans so you can hardly blame them.
It's funny until it happens to you.

Old
AngelDuck

He was terrible. Ducks fans rag on Sami Vatanen (rightfully so) for his poor defensive play in his 3 games this season, but Schultz (who has a lot more NA experience) looked way worse than I've ever seen Vatanen play. It was probably just a bad game, but it was a very underwhelming performance

Old
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
He was terrible. Ducks fans rag on Sami Vatanen (rightfully so) for his poor defensive play in his 3 games this season, but Schultz (who has a lot more NA experience) looked way worse than I've ever seen Vatanen play. It was probably just a bad game, but it was a very underwhelming performance
Vatanen's stint was only a little better than what we saw tonight.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:58 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Why would anyone other than the Oilers owner be responsible for this? Horribly stupid management isn't a "wrong" that the rest of the league owes you for.
Actually I'm referring to karmic justice.

Old
Slicknitty
"80,000 peoples"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post

I agree with you.

Old
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

And for god sakes, the same crap happened to us with Pronger a few years back. The fans and even the players (Bryzgalov) back then wondered the same thing, why boo him?

I know Ducks fans like to say well at least we got something for our guy.. newsflash! Pronger was a future HHOF while Schultz was just a prospect. Get over yourselves. Our team was an absolute mess after that trade. Totally screwed our team over because we were giving up assets that year for the playoff push, then had to deal our key piece to the puzzle. We never got it together until the re-build 3 years ago. Anaheim looks to be doing just fine without Schultz.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:01 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I don't know if 3 games could even be classified as a stint, but I agree.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Do Ducks fans seriously think Schultz was "rattled?"
For his and the Oilers' sakes, I hope he was. I haven't seen a performance that pathetic in a long time.

Quote:
I disagree. Vatanen was protected more, but at least he was engaging physically. Schultz had about as much interest playing defense tonight as he did signing his ELC with the Ducks a year ago.

Old
James Franco

Quote:
And for god sakes, the same crap happened to us with Pronger a few years back. The fans and even the players (Bryzgalov) back then wondered the same thing, why boo him?

I know Ducks fans like to say well at least we got something for our guy.. newsflash! Pronger was a future HHOF while Schultz was just a prospect. Get over yourselves. Our team was an absolute mess after that trade. Totally screwed our team over because we were giving up assets that year for the playoff push, then had to deal our key piece to the puzzle. We never got it together until the re-build 3 years ago. Anaheim looks to be doing just fine without Schultz.
Except you got lupul smid and eberle for pronger.

Old
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Actually I'm referring to karmic justice.
So, you're hoping something bad happens to your team owner and/or management? There's no karmic justice for self-inflicted wounds.

Granted, I can understand wanting bad things to happen to Lowe.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:03 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:

Tells Ducks fans to get over it (almost 1 year). Still not letting the Pronger thing (almost 7 years) go.

The irony is delicious.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:

We can still boo him thats pretty fair in my books, we have that right.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Tells Ducks fans to get over it. Still not letting the Pronger thing go.

The irony is delicious.
Oh I'm well over Pronger. Just a comparison for a team and fanbase that seems to think they didn't benefit from something like this in the past.

Closed Thread