HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge V

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2013, 11:16 AM
moosemeister

vCash: 500
Not sure if any of you guys are into heavy metal music, but has anyone heard about what Tim Lambesis did?

Just so you know, he solicited an undercover cop to kill his wife.

Craziest thing, I shook that man's hand and had a chat with him, nicest dude ever.

Old
05-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
Not sure if any of you guys are into heavy metal music, but has anyone heard about what Tim Lambesis did?

Just so you know, he solicited an undercover cop to kill his wife.

Craziest thing, I shook that man's hand and had a chat with him, nicest dude ever.
I am and yes I heard about it, how ironic that As I Lay Dying (the band he sings for) is a Christian band. That said, I'm still a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty so until someone proves otherwise, I think he's innocent.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 05-12-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old
05-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
When dealing with millions of people you will always have those on the very fringe but obviously the percentage of people who were in fan clubs of Jodi Arias are infinitesimally small. As for a poster saying she's hot, that's just an observation is all and most red blooded males would agree with him. She's as ugly as them come on the inside of course but on the outside, she is pretty good looking: http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-...2013/04/11.jpg
If someone showed me that picture without the story, id have no idea. She is extremely attractive IMO.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:06 AM
doaner

Happy Mother's Day to the female posters in here.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all the female Mom's

Old
05-12-2013, 01:33 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all the female Mom's
Also those who may not be female, but who nonetheless have the right to be mothers if they wish.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:51 PM
zz

^ Well played.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:17 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I'm a mom, but my kids spent the night at grandma's house so I haven't seen them yet. I'm sure when they get here I'll get attacked by them, so I'll enjoy my last few minutes of peace!

so...anyone know anything about the Polar Ice situation? They are in receivership and the company handling it is taking bids on the rinks through May 30. Supposedly there is a Canadian group that wants to put an offer in on them, then turn them into indoor soccer facilities. I hope there are other bidders interested in keeping them as ice rinks, with the number of people playing and skating in the valley losing 6 of the 11 ice sheets would be a pretty devastating blow.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Primrose Everdeen
My Next Mistake

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
Indoor soccer?!?!?!?

Is there really that much of a demand for indoor soccer here? I wouldn't think so, but I wouldn't really be informed on the matter either. I play mainly at Oceanside and Arcadia myself, but the closure of the three Polar rinks as ice surfaces would definitely rock the hockey world here in a bad way.

05-12-2013, 07:05 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
Indoor soccer?!?!?!?

Is there really that much of a demand for indoor soccer here? I wouldn't think so, but I wouldn't really be informed on the matter either. I play mainly at Oceanside and Arcadia myself, but the closure of the three Polar rinks as ice surfaces would definitely rock the hockey world here in a bad way.
Can't speak to the level of demand, but I love soccer and have almost zero desire to play outdoor in PHX. Same sized rink, keep the boards, leave the pipes there, melt the ice, install fieldturf, and you're done. Simple conversion with minimal overhead.

Plus I will play. Indoor soccer is the heat.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I'm a mom, but my kids spent the night at grandma's house so I haven't seen them yet. I'm sure when they get here I'll get attacked by them, so I'll enjoy my last few minutes of peace!

so...anyone know anything about the Polar Ice situation? They are in receivership and the company handling it is taking bids on the rinks through May 30. Supposedly there is a Canadian group that wants to put an offer in on them, then turn them into indoor soccer facilities. I hope there are other bidders interested in keeping them as ice rinks, with the number of people playing and skating in the valley losing 6 of the 11 ice sheets would be a pretty devastating blow.
Conspiracy Theory #6:

Canadian Investors (a la True North who bought the Thrashers) buy the rinks and kill them to injure the local hockey community and, eventually, drive down the viability (thus price) of the Coyotes.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:19 PM
TheTakedown764

Who is the announcer for this game? (PHX vs LAK 2012 playoffs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywxX-8ROUNk

I love his voice. I don't know if he is the Coyotes announcer or if he works for NBC

Old
05-12-2013, 09:26 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Dave Strader.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:30 PM
TheTakedown764

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC96 View Post
Dave Strader.
Ty!

Hoping you guys are still in PHX after this season!

Signed,

A Rangers fan

Old
05-12-2013, 09:36 PM
AndrewYotes

He's a boss, btw. Left us to take a national gig.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Best play by play man in the business, by far IMO.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

IMO it's pretty clear that they are trying to hurt the hockey community in Arizona. I guess I can see why indoor soccer would be viable, but are people really going to pay for indoor? Alot of the reason why soccer is so popular is because of how cheap it is.

It will be a huge shame if the polar ice rinks are turned into indoor soccer fields. RIP hockey in Arizona.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Dirty Old Man
Attendance Bashee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I've heard they were bankrupt but haven't heard about anyone (especially a Canadian company? seems odd.) wanting to convert all 3 permanently to indoor soccer (although in Gilbert's case it wouldn't be a bad idea - there's never anyone there when our Chandler team plays there). Actually isn't the third sheet at the Ice Den currently used for indoor soccer over the summer? Sounds like it may be a mixed rumor.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
I've heard they were bankrupt but haven't heard about anyone (especially a Canadian company? seems odd.) wanting to convert all 3 permanently to indoor soccer (although in Gilbert's case it wouldn't be a bad idea - there's never anyone there when our Chandler team plays there). Actually isn't the third sheet at the Ice Den currently used for indoor soccer over the summer? Sounds like it may be a mixed rumor.
Ice den has two sheets. Unless they have added since I last played there.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

There is a rink here in utah that converts one of the sheets into an indoor soccer field over summer, and it does exceptionally well. Anytime I have gone it was always packed with games.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Dirty Old Man
Attendance Bashee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Ice den has two sheets. Unless they have added since I last played there.
Ice den definitely has a third sheet completed in the back. Played on it in the memorial day tournament last year.

Last summer they converted it to turf, which they will apparently do again this summer. The location is on this page (the "back entrance")
http://www.coyotesice.com/kids-camp

Last edited by Dirty Old Man: 05-12-2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: link added
Old
05-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Wow! That is new. When I played there 2 years ago they definitely only had 2 sheets. Very cool.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:09 AM
BigGumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
Indoor soccer?!?!?!?

I think the market would be over-saturated if they converted the Polar Ice locations into indoor soccer.

There are already, at least, 6 indoor soccer locations:
Ice Den - Scottsdale
Arizona Sports Complex - North Glendale
Castle Sports Club - North Phoenix
Phoenix Sports Centre/Soccer Locker - Central Phoenix
Big League Dreams - Gilbert
Barney Family Sports Complex - Queen Creek

Old
05-13-2013, 12:56 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Converting ice rinks to indoor soccer is absolutely ********. Phoenix has averages something silly like 330 sunny days a year, you can play soccer outside pretty much any ****ing day of the week. Sure it's hot in the summer but outside of June, July and August it's more than bearable. Besides soccer players wear no pads and their uniforms are a t-shirt and shorts, it's probably that last sport on the planet that should be crying about heat. I mean seriously, what's next, a demand for indoor baseball fields?

Old
05-13-2013, 07:16 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
IMO it's pretty clear that they are trying to hurt the hockey community in Arizona. I guess I can see why indoor soccer would be viable, but are people really going to pay for indoor? Alot of the reason why soccer is so popular is because of how cheap it is.

It will be a huge shame if the polar ice rinks are turned into indoor soccer fields. RIP hockey in Arizona.
Which is something I really don't get. I understand that certain Canadian cities want to take the Coyotes. And I understand that certain people feel that it's "Canada's game" and they don't want anyone else to enjoy it. But it appears to me that those people are usually just people who watch the sport, not those who are involved in playing, coaching, etc. More people playing = more available talent, no?

Closed Thread