vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thecanucker
Martin Sagat with 3.6 seconds left!!!
Sagat, (8) (Mahovsky, Cherewyk), 19:56

Old
04-29-2005, 10:30 PM
allin4466

wow, thats all i can say. but with the tenacity and enver give up attitude kootenay played with, they seemed destined for a goal.

Old
04-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Hordichuk_24

Nice to see Kootenay get the victory in double OT. But I still don't think it is enough. Without Dawes I can't see them going into Kelowna on Sunday afternoon and getting another win.

Old
04-30-2005, 12:50 AM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Do you really think Dawes said to himself "Hmm im about to get nailed..let me turn my body so I get hit from behind and the player gets a penalty....hope to dont get hurt by doing this."
Some players do. I see it all the time.

Greg. Although you assume correct on the CFB rule, other penalties, such as Boarding or Charging, can still be called if the officials deem it necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
3rd period of the last game of the Ice's season about to begin
Got ahead of yourself a bit there, eh?

My only question... How does Martin Sagat not get a star after saving Kootenay's season with 3 seconds left, and getting a point on the GWG in the 5th period?

Old
04-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Some players do. I see it all the time.

Greg. Although you assume correct on the CFB rule, other penalties, such as Boarding or Charging, can still be called if the officials deem it necessary.

Got ahead of yourself a bit there, eh?

My only question... How does Martin Sagat not get a star after saving Kootenay's season with 3 seconds left, and getting a point on the GWG in the 5th period?
Even the sun shines on a dog's @$$ every once in a while

Old
04-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg7
Not true.

http://www.whl.ca/about/rules.php?id=107&showToc=1

No one is convincing me that he was not aware of Shea Weber hitting him. He was basically already being hit as he turned. By that rule, I don't think anyone can say that Weber's hit was a checking from behind penalty.
Actually it is very true.

Even if a players turns into a check intentionally, any check to the numbers is a check from behind. Very black and white. Haven't seen the hit though.

Old
04-30-2005, 11:17 AM
sbtatter

I just saw a replay and thought it was worthy of a 2 min penalty but nothing more. How long will Dawes be out?

Old
04-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
I just saw a replay and thought it was worthy of a 2 min penalty but nothing more. How long will Dawes be out?
Who knows right now, Kootenay won't tell us the truth during playoff season. Kelowna didn't tip their hat when Weber was hurt.

Old
04-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Hordichuk_24

Kootenay said he would be out for the entire series with Kelowna. That is what I heard anyway.

Old
04-30-2005, 11:39 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Actually it is very true.

Even if a players turns into a check intentionally, any check to the numbers is a check from behind. Very black and white. Haven't seen the hit though.
You're thinking of the Hockey Canada rulebook, not the WHL rulebook.

The WHL's CFB rule is quite clear: "When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed."

This means no CFB penalty shall be assessed, but other penalties such as Boarding, Charging and Roughing can be assessed in this situation.

Old
05-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

2 worst times to give up a goal ... 5 minutes into a game and 5 minutes from the final buzzer ...

Ryan Russell (Kootenay) unassisted at 1:27 of the first and Card (Kelowna) on the Power Play from Derek Yeomans at 17:56 of the third

Old
05-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Nazzy-19

Shea Weber!!!! Rockets win the series!

Old
05-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19
Shea Weber!!!! Rockets win the series!
It just had to be him... classic.

Old
05-01-2005, 10:11 PM
allin4466

wow.. that goal glass let in at the end of the 3rd.. ouch

Old
05-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Youreallygotme

Old
05-01-2005, 11:06 PM
sbtatter

From watching that series on TV, I'd say that Kelowna will beat my Wheaties or the Raiders....

Last edited by sbtatter: 05-02-2005 at 08:53 AM.
Old
05-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Hordichuk_24

Too bad because Kootenay definitely deserved to win tonight. Kelowna always gets the lucky breaks unfortunately...

Old
05-02-2005, 10:18 AM
KRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Too bad because Kootenay definitely deserved to win tonight. Kelowna always gets the lucky breaks unfortunately...
ice did out play the rockets in three periods, but the rockets totally out played the ice in ot. overall the rockets deserved the series and out played the ice in the series.

glass made alot of great saves in this series and so did yeomans.

i wouldn't say the rockets always gets the breaks, look at both goals friday night in cranbrook. they were both crappy goals against the rockets and they outplayed the ice overall in the game.

Old
05-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRF
ice did out play the rockets in three periods, but the rockets totally out played the ice in ot. overall the rockets deserved the series and out played the ice in the series.

glass made alot of great saves in this series and so did yeomans.

i wouldn't say the rockets always gets the breaks, look at both goals friday night in cranbrook. they were both crappy goals against the rockets and they outplayed the ice overall in the game.
The Rockets do always get the breaks. So many times they get totally out played but they will get a phantom penalty call (in their favor) late in the game and score on the PP. I've seen that happen just about every time they played Vancouver this past season. Or last night, a lucky fluke goal from center ice to tie it 1-1. That game shouldn't have even went to OT.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Kelowna, the won the series fair and square. It is just frustrating because I've seen Kelowna win so many games this year that they didn't deserve to win.

Oh well. I picked Kelowna to win from the start anyway, and I can't say I'm surprised they won.

Old
05-02-2005, 08:34 PM
letterH

I have to strongly disagree with anyone who says Kelowna gets a phantom call at anytine in the game. The fact is Kelowna is consistently the most disclipline team in the league. They get beat up, pushed around, punched etc and rarely respond. I was speaking with a few of the scouts in the Vancouver series and that was exactly what they were saying. They said the discipline in terms of reacting to opposing players and discipline in terms of staying within a system is why Kelowna wins. In that series they were commenting on how Brule would lose focus and then start running guys left and right, when his team needed him to bury a goal instead.

I see people complaining about the call Savage made late in the 3rd last night. My God, Busto grabbed and Kelowna forward in a bear hug and then chucked him on the ice, landing on top of him and the play really wasnt that close.

Ron Robison said on the radio after game 5 that the linesman in Kelowna made the wrong call that resulted in Weber being ejected. He said Rehman felt it wasnt a penalty and had the call right but in the end listened to the linsemen. In any event I felt the reffing was atricious the whole series save for Savage last night. He let the players decide the game for the most part. The interference on both teams was crazy but it went both ways and nobody will complain about that.

Old
05-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Greg7

Quote:
The Rockets do always get the breaks. So many times they get totally out played but they will get a phantom penalty call (in their favor) late in the game and score on the PP. I've seen that happen just about every time they played Vancouver this past season. Or last night, a lucky fluke goal from center ice to tie it 1-1. That game shouldn't have even went to OT.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Kelowna, the won the series fair and square. It is just frustrating because I've seen Kelowna win so many games this year that they didn't deserve to win.

Oh well. I picked Kelowna to win from the start anyway, and I can't say I'm surprised they won.
I usually agree with you for the most part, but I think you're way off here. Kelowna is rarely outplayed, and they only appear to get a lot of breaks because it seems like every time they do get a slight break they capitalize on it. I don't think the Giants deserved to win any of the games against Kelowna that they lost, except maybe one in Kelowna when they blew the late lead. Giants played well against the Rockets, but the most frustrating part of that for me was that even though they played well it always seemed like the Rockets were still just a bit better.

Old
05-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:

The Rockets earn their breaks. Fact is, the calls go even both ways, but you feel this way because it never seems to affect the Rockets. Bad call? kill it off. Card loses a skate blade? well they scored but you didnt seem to notice. ANyways he came back to score the tying goal late, so the breaks always end up even It's just that the ROckets have more experience to deal with it.

Old
05-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg7
I usually agree with you for the most part, but I think you're way off here. Kelowna is rarely outplayed, and they only appear to get a lot of breaks because it seems like every time they do get a slight break they capitalize on it. I don't think the Giants deserved to win any of the games against Kelowna that they lost, except maybe one in Kelowna when they blew the late lead. Giants played well against the Rockets, but the most frustrating part of that for me was that even though they played well it always seemed like the Rockets were still just a bit better.
I am talking about the regular season here. Not the playoffs. The Giants pretty much out played Kelowna in every game, IMO. The games in Vancouver that is.

Anyway I'll just have to agree to disagree with most of you.

And again I'm not trying to take anything away from Kelowna at all. They are a damn good team. There is no questioning that.

Closed Thread