HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 2-1 to the Ducks

Old
04-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Everest

vCash: 500
Balls.

Playoff teams have them.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stratedge
I rigged the lotto.

vCash: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I'd say it is about 50/50 we finish 13th right now.

15th>14th>13th>??? At this rate we'll make the playoffs in 5 more years
At this point I'm hoping they lose out the rest of the season; not for the draft pick, but for organizational change. Shine a light on the issues.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MettleMcOiler
5-14-6-1

meh...i'm not angry...or am i...more like numb...i'm numb...its like, i've been trained to feel this way ever since the rebuild and i don't care anymore...i'll just watch the oilers play and don't mind if they lose...its like whatever...i'm happy they scored a goal......its like, i have no confidence they can win these games and with all those losses piled over the years...i'm just...sure...cool...why not...it really is like hockey purgatory with this team but I only see Hall scratching and clawing to get out of it. so ya..not surprised...just disappointed...a feeling all too familiar for all of us.

MettleMcOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Auguste McEscoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
To be honest guys, who cares if we made the play-offs this year?

Is it just to say that we made them? It's a shortened schedule, so there would be an asterisk beside it anyways. Not only that, but we'd be destroyed in the first round, and be back hitting some balls into water hazards anyways.
Is that you, Tambellini?

Auguste McEscoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:51 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
Is that you, Tambellini?
I'll never tell.

No, if I were Tambo, I'd be talking about how proud I am of our effort, and how I'm happy with our performance and the group we have.

All that regular bull-****.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Auguste McEscoffier

The final 10 minutes of the game was just an anomaly. The majority of this team simply doesn't care.

Auguste McEscoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:52 PM
McCupofOil
McJesus Has Risen!!!

The playoffs were never a realistic possibility with the closing schedule being so tough but they are getting dominated by these teams, resorting back to being a listless bunch.

The entire bottom 6 needs to be reconfigured. The vets on this team are an absolute joke. Please bring in some new blood next season and some competent vets.
RNH and Eberle outside of the hot stretch recently have been largely disappointing, i can't help but to be a bit concerned about those two going forward.

Poor Hall, he's the only one who gives a ****. It's almost sad to watch him being the only one to put in a full effort every night then see the entire opposing team putting in a full effort.
He must be beyond frustrated with his teammates.

McCupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
bleed_oil

Pretty sad game. The Ducks had no reason to play hard, didnt have there best D man (who the old boys club chased out of here) or there best forward and they still handled us. Take Dubs out and this was a no contest.
Was really unimpressed by the compete level of most of the playersw except Hall and Yak to a lesser degree.
Sad state of affairs really. But what more can you expect when you are a fan of this dismal franchise.

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oil4life97

Oil way too sloppy in their own end to compete in this league. Agree with fans saying we need a true #1 dman.

oil4life97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
harpoon
FOB

Strong game from Dubnyk. Feel bad for him on nights like this.

First line was awful for most of the night. Hall showed up for the third period but that's not going to be enough in this league.

Schultz let the boo birds get to him a bit I think. Nine times out of ten he buries that beautiful set up from Hall.

Gagner being asked to do it all for this team right now by the coaching staff.
Most TOI by a forward (again) at 21:42.
Took twice as many faceoffs as anyone else (too bad he lost the most important one at the end there).
Team high seven shots.
So good on the PK that the Anaheim crew was calling him a "one man wrecking machine".
Oh yeah, and another lucky point.
Can't wait for the posts telling us how "sheltered" he is.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post
Pretty sad game. The Ducks had no reason to play hard, didnt have there best D man (who the old boys club chased out of here) or there best forward and they still handled us. Take Dubs out and this was a no contest.
Was really unimpressed by the compete level of most of the playersw except Hall and Yak to a lesser degree.
Sad state of affairs really. But what more can you expect when you are a fan of this dismal franchise.
Not to mention that they played last night as well...

No excuses. We suck.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Six in O6

Disappointing effort. Outshot 28-5 between the ten minute mark of the first and the second intermission. Schultz was clearly rattled by the fans, the "third line" with Smyth, Jones and Horc was absolutely brutal tonight and the kids had no finish. Hall was the only one out there playing with heart, it looks like the rest of the guys are just milking the pay cheque and riding his coat tails.

I'm glad if we make it out of the bottom ten, playoffs were not a realistic expectation from me, but they are losing games in pathetic fashion this late in the season. It just doesn't bode well.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:53 PM
YEGman

I'm down in Palm Springs and watched the Anaheim broadcast. Their commentators couldn't believe how soft the Oilers were playing and that it was "incredible" that they weren't fighting for their play-off lives. It was dispassionate and true unlike the bs spewed by our commentators.

YEGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Everest

Quote:
I'll never tell.

No, if I were Tambo, I'd be talking about how proud I am of our effort, and how I'm happy with our performance and the group we have.

All that regular bull-****.
Yup.

"We have great people here. These are people who are people that play hockey. And they know that to be people is one thing. But we think its great that theyre great people. So, when people worry about winning hockey games...I say...people...that would be great...but what we really need is to just be great....people."

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stratedge
I rigged the lotto.

vCash: 1176
Quote:
To be honest guys, who cares if we made the play-offs this year?

Is it just to say that we made them? It's a shortened schedule, so there would be an asterisk beside it anyways. Not only that, but we'd be destroyed in the first round, and be back hitting some balls into water hazards anyways.
It's about not being a bottom dwelling team, and getting the young guys a taste of what it takes, both to get there and how intense the other teams will be. The first time these guys squeak in they'll lose 4-0 or 4-1, so might as well get that out of the way now.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
I'm going to laugh so hard when Columbus finishes ahead of us. That is going to be very embarrassing.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Toydarian

ANA's 3rd line really demonstrated how bad EDM's 3rd line is.

Toydarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
korqeldroma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
The one thing is in the 4th year of the rebuild, no matter what excuse you put forward, this whole effort thing should be an automatic. Like night in and night out, we should be giving 150%.

The fact that we still have these sort of nights where the majority of the team seem to give sub par effort is incredibly upsetting. Even moreso than the terrible roster makeup.

At this stage, effort should be the least of our worries. 3 1st overall picks, 2 coaches and countless player overturn and we still have these sorts of nights. Frustrating.
It's been like this since 2007.

korqeldroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nexttothemoon
darkness.myoldfriend

The effort and try and determination isn't there often enough. Losses are going to happen... but too many games they are clearly outshot, outworked, outplayed and I think it isn't too much to expect a better effort in most game than they've shown.

I think their record is probably flattering. The way they've played most of the season they should probably be back in 13th (of course they are only a point out of 13th and dropping fast).

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:56 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
Yup.

"We have great people here. These are people who are people that play hockey. And they know that to be people is one thing. But we think its great that theyre great people. So, when people worry about winning hockey games...I say...people...that would be great...but what we really need is to just be great....people."
Our pro scouting team works using a likert scale on how nice, or great the players are as people.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:56 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Wtf was Gagner taking that face off for?
Yeah I don't get that at all either. Smithson was winning draws at will tonight. Win the draw and send him to the net.
Gagner should not have been taking that draw.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
I don't understand how many terrible games Smyth has to put in before action is taken. Yea, he's a veteran and yea he's done a lot for Edmonton. That doesn't mean you hurt the team by playing him when he shouldn't.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Hell no, deal our 2nds, Hemsky, maybe Gagner. At this rate the pick could be a top 10 pick.
The past 2 seasons have shown that a top 10 pick can get you a proven top line hockey player that is young and ready to step in and contribute immediately.

Trading that pick for a player like J. Staal or Jeff Carter would be the best thing Tambo could ever do. Now to a)Find a partner to tango and b)Pray Tambo doesn't **** it up beyond repair.

I'm 100% trading that pick for the right return.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:58 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
The effort and try and determination isn't there often enough. Losses are going to happen... but too many games they are clearly outshot, outworked, outplayed and I think it isn't too much to expect a better effort in most game than they've shown.

I think their record is probably flattering. The way they've played most of the season they should probably be back in 13th (of course they are only a point out of 13th and dropping fast).
Only teams actually worse than
Oilers IMHO are Calgary, Buffalo, Florida.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Ninety7
go oil go

There are only 2 maybe 3 people that care on this team. Who wants to make a guess? Its not tambo either

Ninety7 is offline   Reply With Quote