Old
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Puhis
@iPuhis

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseSuterKoivu View Post
Hats off to the Hawks. They're just better than us.
**** it. Only thing they did was to score on a brilliant pass by Stoner and bribe the refs before the game.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM
tomgilbertfan
#WhyBother

#FreeZucker

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

3 things

I hate our empty net play. When there is an extra man you have to commit interference, flop on top of the goaltender if necessary, and get in everyone's face. We didn't do that and it cost us the game.

I really think this Chicago team is beatable, especially in the playoffs. If they draw a physical team right away I don't think the series would swing their way.

I'm really sick of the officiating this season in regards to Minnesota. The officials always miss 2 or 3 calls that should go our way each night. If we get 2 more power plays who knows where the game would have ended up. Also Koivu gets absolutely no respect from the officials at all this year. They throw him out of the circle at an almost comical rate, and he gets penalties for talking to the officials. I'm waiting for GMCF to say something at some point, because he really should.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HDZx

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
#FreeZucker
#FreeKampfer
#SignMara

HDZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Michael Russo, Twitter
Nothing personal Stoner, I am sure you are a great guy, but you need to sit now.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:51 PM
tomgilbertfan
#WhyBother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
3 things

I hate our empty net play. When there is an extra man you have to commit interference, flop on top of the goaltender if necessary, and get in everyone's face. We didn't do that and it cost us the game.

I really think this Chicago team is beatable, especially in the playoffs. If they draw a physical team right away I don't think the series would swing their way.

I'm really sick of the officiating this season in regards to Minnesota. The officials always miss 2 or 3 calls that should go our way each night. If we get 2 more power plays who knows where the game would have ended up. Also Koivu gets absolutely no respect from the officials at all this year. They throw him out of the circle at an almost comical rate, and he gets penalties for talking to the officials. I'm waiting for GMCF to say something at some point, because he really should.
I'm mostly sick of all the missed high sticks.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 50
still better than i expected...idk what the big deal is...no reason to rant. yeah our offense couldn't get clicking...against the best defensive and offensive team in the league. oh noeeeees! fire everyone!!!!

came down to one play between us and them. Hope Stoner is pretty hard on himself for this one. you don't pass it to Hossa in the middle of the ice with no one between him and your goalie.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Team is just looking awful. No offense. Turnovers. Bad defense. Fourth line taking penalties. But at least we got Pominville.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BusQuets

I'm even more pissed to Seto than Stoner(because he is not very good, he can't help it). He was our worst forward by wide margin. Did anyone even see him there? He is supposedly be our top-3 winger and just because he lost Cullen the man can't play? Get your ****ing head out of your ass Seto and start ****ing playing!

BusQuets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:53 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Ill get on the #freezucker train

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:53 PM
tomgilbertfan
#WhyBother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
I'm even more pissed to Seto than Stoner(because he is not very good, he can't help it). He was our worst forward by wide margin. Did anyone even see him there? He is supposedly be our top-3 winger and just because he lost Cullen the man can't play? Get your ****ing head out of your ass Seto and start ****ing playing!
Seto is infamously streaky.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Loopy0ne
tastes like burning

vCash: 680
well.... our pick could get better for buffalo and we don't have a center to replace cullen

sadface.jpg

Loopy0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
vitogor

Stop freaking out, people, look on the bright side: the Wild held Clayton Stoner to only one assist tonight!!!

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Puhis
@iPuhis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Seto is infamously streaky.
That's not an excuse though.

And now that I've thought of it, while Stoner cost us the game, we shouldn't hate on him because of it. Sure, the dude made a mistake, and has had a bad streak, and probably should be scratched for the next game, but that's it. No need to turn it to a vendetta like we did on Schultz and Zanon last year.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:02 PM
JimLahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
Ill get on the #freezucker train
you're damn right you will buddy!

JimLahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Hard not to be impressed by the defensive performance (obviously besides the Stoner blunder). Backstrom played very well. Emery wasn't tested nearly enough...god, passes were not being completed, bounces weren't going our way, and pucks were just slipping off of guys' sticks tonight. Chicago is simply a damn good team.

Also the PK was great. and I would say the 3rd line had a very good game. 2nd line, PMB and Granny actually played well...Seto was absolutely nonexistent. 4th line did their job nicely. Definitely wanted more chances from the first line, though.

Finally, that penalty on Parise in the 3rd not only ended any sense of momentum the Wild had and gave the Hawks a PP, but it wasted about 4-5 minutes of the 3rd because after the penalty ended the Hawks pinned the Wild in their own zone for a couple minutes. It was an absolutely horrific call.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SP1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Gooch has alway been a hot or cold player, but add to that the loss of Cullen and its understandable he would drop off as the two of them were attached at the hip. The reality is that with the injuries to Cullen and Heater along with the addition of Pommer every line but the fourth has at least one new player their trying to build chemistry with. Hardly an optimal situation given they're in the home stretch and playing against much better teams that durring the winning streak.

Stoner has been horrible of late, but was a decent 4-6 Dman earlier. He deserves all the hate he's getting right now, but to suggest there are better options is naive.

SP1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avder
Animated to Explode

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
**** it. Only thing they did was to score on a brilliant pass by Stoner and bribe the refs before the game.
No that's not fair.

They outplayed us the whole ****ing game. They had the puck all night, they were in our passing lanes all night. And they kept working hard to get the puck back during those rare periods that we had it.

The officiating and Stoner's epic ***** are just excuses. We were outplayed, and it's that simple.

Our team is good enough when it shows up to play despite the ******** from the refs and fits of incompetence from the blue line.

The problem is we sat back all night and looked like a bantam squad in admiration of the Hockey Gods themselves while the Hawks played like pros and did their god damned jobs.

I want to repeat that: The Hawks did their god damned jobs.

We didn't.

Yeah, the officials have been screwing us hard with no lube lately, and yeah, Stoner has been epically bad. But that does not excuse the rest of the team from not doing their god damned jobs.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
SP1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
No that's not fair.

They outplayed us the whole ****ing game. They had the puck all night, they were in our passing lanes all night. And they kept working hard to get the puck back during those rare periods that we had it.

The officiating and Stoner's epic ***** are just excuses. We were outplayed, and it's that simple.

Our team is good enough when it shows up to play despite the ******** from the refs and fits of incompetence from the blue line.

The problem is we sat back all night and looked like a bantam squad in admiration of the Hockey Gods themselves while the Hawks played like pros and did their god damned jobs.

We didn't.

Yeah, the officials have been screwing us hard with no lube lately, and yeah, Stoner has been epically bad. But that does not excuse the rest of the team from not doing their god damned jobs.
The Wild have to play a damn near perfect game to have a chance to beat the Hawks. Its not as though if the Wild turned it up to 11 that they would be expected to win, the Hawks are still the better team by a not insignificant margin.

SP1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
FREE ZUCKER!!! And lock up Butch!

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

We were out played, pretty handedly actually. But the fact remains, when it comes playoff time, and this basically is that. You can't have one guy (Stoner) making similar boneheaded mistakes over and over and over again, game after game. Yeah we should be disgusted with Stoner, when you get to the pro level you need to at least have the basics down. He don't seem to have much of any hockey sense at all, especially lately. Starting to make me think he is living up to his last name. Dude just ain't got a clue. But after a while we have to start blaming Coach Yeo for continuing to put a guy like this on the ice. The final judgement is on Yeo for Stoner continuing to be suited up and allowed to keep losing games for us by his boneheaded play.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocente...ed-share-video

Yeo's presser.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puhis
@iPuhis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
No that's not fair.

We didn't.

The team is missing two key forwards, and has the toughest travel schedule out of ANY team in the NHL though.

And besides, it's not like Chicago was that good either. It was a slow game played on a fast pace in the start, and two similar team facing each other. It was always going to be a 1-goal game, so that's why it's pissing so many of us off that the goal came that way. That, and we had a couple of prime chances to tie it, too. And if only the refs had called the game right instead of focusing on the nametags and logos, we would've had a real chance of winning this game. Did we get outplayed? Yeah, probably in the 1st. I'd say the 2nd was pretty even and the 3rd was actually going in our favor until that absolutely ridiculous call against Parise.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 3m Yeo on blue line depth past No. 3 Spurgeon: "We’ve given up one goal in two games. I think you’d sign up for that most of the time." #mnwild

In other words Stoner stays in line-up. So what exactly does Stoner have to do to get a press box view of a game? Seriously, Gilbert wasn't playing as bad as Stoner and he was sat for two.

Is this just Yeos way of saying "hey, i could bench him but seriously this is as good as he gets" as opposed to Gilbert who we know can play better?

Either way, **** you Yeo for continuing to subject us to the pain that is watching Clayton ****ing Stoner

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Gilbert is a RH shot. He wouldn't go in for Stoner. It would have to be Clark probably.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote