04/09/2013 | Chicago Blackhawks @ Minnesota Wild | 7:00 PM CST NBCSN & TSN2

Old
04-09-2013, 10:17 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
The team is missing two key forwards, and has the toughest travel schedule out of ANY team in the NHL though.

And besides, it's not like Chicago was that good either. It was a slow game played on a fast pace in the start, and two similar team facing each other. It was always going to be a 1-goal game, so that's why it's pissing so many of us off that the goal came that way. That, and we had a couple of prime chances to tie it, too. And if only the refs had called the game right instead of focusing on the nametags and logos, we would've had a real chance of winning this game. Did we get outplayed? Yeah, probably in the 1st. I'd say the 2nd was pretty even and the 3rd was actually going in our favor until that absolutely ridiculous call against Parise.
We're missing 2 key forwards? Cullen...yes. Heatley...no.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
The Wild have to play a damn near perfect game to have a chance to beat the Hawks. Its not as though if the Wild turned it up to 11 that they would be expected to win, the Hawks are still the better team by a not insignificant margin.
I disagree. I think we show up and play anywhere close to what we were like during the winning streak and we're playing right up at their level and going toe to toe with them. We had a little jump out there but the players have yet to get back to the system that they got out of during the end that hell stretch. Columbus should have gotten us back on our game, but it's clear we need more practice time. And this week is just going to get worse with who we've got up next on the docket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
The team is missing two key forwards, and has the toughest travel schedule out of ANY team in the NHL though.

And besides, it's not like Chicago was that good either. It was a slow game played on a fast pace in the start, and two similar team facing each other. It was always going to be a 1-goal game, so that's why it's pissing so many of us off that the goal came that way. That, and we had a couple of prime chances to tie it, too. And if only the refs had called the game right instead of focusing on the nametags and logos, we would've had a real chance of winning this game. Did we get outplayed? Yeah, probably in the 1st. I'd say the 2nd was pretty even and the 3rd was actually going in our favor until that absolutely ridiculous call against Parise.
Honestly it's more like one key forward. Heatley was wasted on the third line because of just how bad Brodz and Clutterbuck are as far as anything offense goes. His only contributions were on the powerplay and while those will be missed, he wasn't irreplaceable there either.

Cullens loss is devastating yes, but again we can't let the loss of one key guy throw a monkeywrench into the works. The team needs to be better at everything so that there should be some degree of interchangeability. I think that's the next step after developing chemistry with your line mates. Getting comfortable enough with the system that you can play it competently with different linemates when the need arises.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:20 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Stoner....yikes

and we couldn't score one goal

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
We're missing 2 key forwards? Cullen...yes. Heatley...no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Honestly it's more like one key forward. Heatley was wasted on the third line because of just how bad Brodz and Clutterbuck are as far as anything offense goes. His only contributions were on the powerplay and while those will be missed, he wasn't irreplaceable there either.
Well, like it or not, Heatley was an important player for this team, even if it was mostly on PP. He does draw attention of the opposing D though, allowing his linemates just that extra room to work with.

With that said, I was actually referring to Zucker.

04-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
Gilbert is a RH shot. He wouldn't go in for Stoner. It would have to be Clark probably.
That wasn't the point.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:30 PM
bear1

vCash: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Team is just looking awful. No offense. Turnovers. Bad defense. Fourth line taking penalties. But at least we got Pominville.
dead on

bear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Did anybody watch the Yeo presser? (link on previous page btw)

If so, what did he say?

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

The team has already surpassed my expectations for them this season. That being said I am still upset about Stoner's play lately, and starting to get upset at Coach Yeo for continuing to put him on the ice so he's allowed to keep making us lose because of his horrid play. Ultimately this is starting to go on Yeo's shoulders more so than Stoners.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:39 PM
SP1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I disagree. I think we show up and play anywhere close to what we were like during the winning streak and we're playing right up at their level and going toe to toe with them. We had a little jump out there but the players have yet to get back to the system that they got out of during the end that hell stretch. Columbus should have gotten us back on our game, but it's clear we need more practice time. And this week is just going to get worse with who we've got up next on the docket.
I really think you need to take into account the teams they were playing on that winning streak, they weren't beating the Hawks and Ducks, they were beating teams in their tier and below. Its not as simple as just saying they didn't play as well as they had been, the team they played is better and did not allow them to do the things they were able to do against lesser teams. Yes they can play toe to toe with them for periods of time, but doing so against a superior talent for 60 minutes is another thing altogether.

Do you honestly see the Wild as being in the same tier with the Hawks/Ducks/Kings?

SP1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

At this point I'd say no

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Old
04-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Fel 96
JFC

After re-watching the goal, why was Brodin on the ice with Stoner?

Old
04-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
After re-watching the goal, why was Brodin on the ice with Stoner?
Everyone else on D has been playing so terrible lately Yeo starting splitting him and Suter up to spread them out more. Which I think is a neccessity at this point.

Lost in the easy scapegoat that is Stoner, is the Wild literally lost the battle to every puck tonight. They just lost them physically, and speed wise.

Wild absolutely, needs an infusion of speed and shooting quickly, and I think you all know who I mean by that....

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:04 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
That parise penalty was absolute horse ***^

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:07 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
That parise penalty was absolute horse ***^
It wasn't absolute *********, there was grounds for a penalty to be called, but at that point in the game, with how close it was, I'd like to see coincidentals called, or no calls.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:09 PM
State of Hockey

How can anyone complain about the Parise penalty. He grabbed with the free hand then took the feet out from under the puck carrier. It would have been BS if plays like that weren't called.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:23 PM
BigT2002

Just got back from the game:

- This is the Hawks and they played like Champions. Period. Backstrom played an amazing game and had so many "How did he?!" saves it was unbelievable. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't a higher scoring game

- Pominville isn't syncing with Koivu and Parise yet

- I'm still a litte skeptical to the NHL at this point. The NBA loves to have big name markets in the mix and seeing how this game was called really made me suspect. And not just the Parise call. It happened right in front of me. I was more upset with the lack of calls for our side than anything. Quite a few"wtf" moments. But it's part of the game. It didn't cost us it I will say it that much

- Need more than 20 shots on a team like this. And about half of those were only b/c Chicago backed off

- The atmosphere in that building was very Chicago. Heard more "lets go hawks" chants than anything else. The bandwagon fans for the Wild are really showing up IMO. They won't make noise. That place was dead in comparison with Phoenix.

- Stoner's move just solidifies my disdain for him right now. He's cost us a few games and even came close to other (LAK at home when he shot and Carter blocked and went down and scored). Why he is getting starts ahead of Clark and Gilbert is sitting (for legit reasons IMO) is beyond me. Yeo needs to man the **** up with these players.

- I expected more, but I'm not shaken outside of the fact that this team is on the fringe of not making the playoffs. That is a little concerning considering the moves they made were to make a run this year and next year.

- While I should commend Clutterbuck for shooting when others wouldn't, he still isn't hitting even remotely close to the net. It is discouraging as a fan to see semi decent rushes get thwarted because he keeps trying to be play "white knight" with off angle or 100% goalie read shots.

- This team isn't hitting at all.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:44 PM
OpRedDawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
It wasn't absolute *********, there was grounds for a penalty to be called, but at that point in the game, with how close it was, I'd like to see coincidentals called, or no calls.
Parise was impeded with. He was skating much faster, and had a clean lane to the puck.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

I'm quite happy with my decision not to watch the games if Stoner plays. Even the highlights from NHL.com made me slightly vomit.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:57 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
How can anyone complain about the Parise penalty. He grabbed with the free hand then took the feet out from under the puck carrier. It would have been BS if plays like that weren't called.
They earned the right to complain when Parise gets cross-checked and Pominville gets smacked in the head without any calls.

And no, the refs had nothing to do with the outcome at all. That's on the Wild. But if it's BS if plays like that aren't called, it's just as much BS that the other ones weren't.

That said, we have to win Thursday night or the Jackets need to lose. I don't want that game against them to MEAN anything.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:05 AM
OpRedDawn*

Really annoying seeing all those hawks fans there..... why don't wild fans travel like that?

Old
04-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Stopping Pucks
I like goalies.

vCash: 14000
Quote:
Really annoying seeing all those hawks fans there..... why don't wild fans travel like that?
I wouldn't say they all traveled. I'm pretty sure there is a large amount of people in Minnesota that completely stay away from Minnesota sports teams or are just bandwagon fans. Not insulting our fans, but there are different kinds of people everywhere.

Stopping Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Gaps

Stoner... I have no words. Just please get him off the ice.

I'm not panicking, because this was Chicago and a loss was expected. However, we could drop to 8th soon if we lose the next game. Finishing the regular season as the 7th or 8th seed wouldn't surprise me at all. That means that a long playoff run is unlikely.

Pominville needs more time to mesh with Koivu and Parise. Hopefully they can get going soon, because we need to start winning. The easier games are coming, but a win from the next game would be more than welcome.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:18 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
There were lots of Hawks fans there for sure. I give them credit. However, it was nothing like that when their team was near the bottom of the bucket before the turnaround. In other words, many of them were either bandwagon fans and/or fans who didn't show up years ago, because they were too embarrassed to be seen when the team was struggling.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Just got back from the game:

- This is the Hawks and they played like Champions. Period. Backstrom played an amazing game and had so many "How did he?!" saves it was unbelievable. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't a higher scoring game

- Pominville isn't syncing with Koivu and Parise yet

- I'm still a litte skeptical to the NHL at this point. The NBA loves to have big name markets in the mix and seeing how this game was called really made me suspect. And not just the Parise call. It happened right in front of me. I was more upset with the lack of calls for our side than anything. Quite a few"wtf" moments. But it's part of the game. It didn't cost us it I will say it that much

- Need more than 20 shots on a team like this. And about half of those were only b/c Chicago backed off

- The atmosphere in that building was very Chicago. Heard more "lets go hawks" chants than anything else. The bandwagon fans for the Wild are really showing up IMO. They won't make noise. That place was dead in comparison with Phoenix.

- Stoner's move just solidifies my disdain for him right now. He's cost us a few games and even came close to other (LAK at home when he shot and Carter blocked and went down and scored). Why he is getting starts ahead of Clark and Gilbert is sitting (for legit reasons IMO) is beyond me. Yeo needs to man the **** up with these players.

- I expected more, but I'm not shaken outside of the fact that this team is on the fringe of not making the playoffs. That is a little concerning considering the moves they made were to make a run this year and next year.

- While I should commend Clutterbuck for shooting when others wouldn't, he still isn't hitting even remotely close to the net. It is discouraging as a fan to see semi decent rushes get thwarted because he keeps trying to be play "white knight" with off angle or 100% goalie read shots.

- This team isn't hitting at all.
There is more than a few people who are becoming skeptics at this point. Personally I think NBC has a little to do with it. I believe they have teams that they would much rather see in the playoffs than some of the decent ones in the West. It's all a ratings game.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote