HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 40: Sharks @ CBJ | 4/9 7:00 PM EDT (Rediscovering Mojo edition)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 10:13 PM
  #151
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
What I still cannot believe is that Richards continues to put RJ and Foligno together on the PP rather than Calvert and Atkinson. The idea of RJ and Nick on the PP together is so stupid that it is beyond fathomable. This time the only shot on goal they produced was by the Sharks. One of those two must be gone next year.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:13 PM
  #152
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Back from the game. Now THAT is how to you respond to getting embarrassed on home ice! Well done boys. Comeau was hitting. Wiz didnt make a boneheaded play. Calvert's line was OMG! The New York Connection looked good. And Bob was, well, Bob.
Were you in 103? Could yoou see/hear the woman with the flag who kept telling the Jackets "You can do it!" Did you notice the guy in the red t-shirt in fron of her who kept leaning forward every time she started in? Yeah...

You could tell the guys were having fun in the third. If Nick Foligno wasn't already my new favorite player, he would be after doing a little dance move during The Hockey Song.

Johansen sighting, btw. He's been ineffective of late, but was really on tonight.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:13 PM
  #153
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
The idea that we are going to get the Vezina Award winner to sign a 2 year deal seems dubious at best.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:15 PM
  #154
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Were you in 103? Could yoou see/hear the woman with the flag who kept telling the Jackets "You can do it!" Did you notice the guy in the red t-shirt in fron of her who kept leaning forward every time she started in? Yeah...

You could tell the guys were having fun in the third. If Nick Foligno wasn't already my new favorite player, he would be after doing a little dance move during The Hockey Song.

Johansen sighting, btw. He's been ineffective of late, but was really on tonight.
How could anyone in the section MISS that woman?!?

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:18 PM
  #155
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
How could anyone in the section MISS that woman?!?
I guarantee you I couldn't.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:23 PM
  #156
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 16,311
vCash: 500
well, that was fun...i like those games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
4th line, right where he belongs. Everybody agrees on this right?
all of us but 1 person agrees...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:00 PM
  #157
Hooks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 6m
#CBJ G Sergei Bobrovsky on his verbal exchange with TJ Galiardi at end of 2nd: "He asked me how I feel. I told him how I feel."

Excellent game. Only disappointment was that nobody went after Galiardi. You have to protect your goalie and the rest of the league needs to know that you will protect your goalie. Whoever was on the ice should have jumped Galiardi even if they get a suspension. Bob should have whacked him with his stick. Like Hextall said The players need to know that you are a little crazy so that they stay out of the crease.

Just my two cents.

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:21 PM
  #158
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 6m
#CBJ G Sergei Bobrovsky on his verbal exchange with TJ Galiardi at end of 2nd: "He asked me how I feel. I told him how I feel."

Excellent game. Only disappointment was that nobody went after Galiardi. You have to protect your goalie and the rest of the league needs to know that you will protect your goalie. Whoever was on the ice should have jumped Galiardi even if they get a suspension. Bob should have whacked him with his stick. Like Hextall said The players need to know that you are a little crazy so that they stay out of the crease.

Just my two cents.
If I'm TJ Galiardi, and I'm in mid-game form out there, I'm much more worried about my coach being pissed because I took a major penalty than someone punching me in the face. Actually, I wouldn't mind taking a punch or a whack from a stick, it's kind of part of the fun of the game, as long as its not a stick in the teeth. And the best is when I can run the goalie, elbow him in the head so hard he can't see straight, but the refs only call 2 minutes. There is nothing the other team can do about it. The one exception is if the game is one-sided late in the third they can try something dirty when I'm not expecting it, a butt-end in the gut, an elbow to the chops, a hit from behind. That would suck.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:27 PM
  #159
jacketman10
Registered User
 
jacketman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Great game all-around. Really glad, I chose this game to go to. Section 103 was a really nice view. Matt Calvert is a little ball of awesomeness. Matty, Matty!!!

jacketman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:34 PM
  #160
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Well I Never View Post
I watched the San Jose feed tonight. One of the stats they mentioned was the CBJ lead the league in fewest giveaways at 169 going into this game. Does that seem right?
I don't know if takeaway stats are standardized, it might be arena specific. But we do a very good job of it. Wiz and JJ probably account for half of our total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Without Boll or Dorsett there isn't much we can do... I hope JD considers a backup to Boll in the future...
We do have a backup. His name is Dalton Prout, and he could have punched the puss out of Galiardi's face if Galiardi would fight him. Unfortunately, Prout is an effective defender, so most of the time there is a cost to taking him out for 5 minutes. So are you asking for another lineup spot for a designated fighter who isn't needed in another capacity? Or a fighter who plays in the minors who can fill in for Boll when needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
But advanced stats say we care better off with him off the ice.
It seems you are making a joke, that if advanced stats says this about JJ it just proves that they're worthless because we all know JJ is kickass... Actually I'm not sure you're saying that. In any case, the advanced stats for JJ when he was with the Kings showed that he was abysmal. But since joining the Jackets his advanced stats show that he is actually a valuable defender who, this year, has been playing against the toughest opposition, starting in his own end, and moving the puck forward at a very good rate. Isn't that what we see?

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:48 AM
  #161
Anisimovs AK
Registered User
 
Anisimovs AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post


We do have a backup. His name is Dalton Prout, and he could have punched the puss out of Galiardi's face if Galiardi would fight him. Unfortunately, Prout is an effective defender, so most of the time there is a cost to taking him out for 5 minutes. So are you asking for another lineup spot for a designated fighter who isn't needed in another capacity? Or a fighter who plays in the minors who can fill in for Boll when needed?


Foligno, Dubinsky, and (especially) Wiz are all capable scrappers as well. Cody Bass is also a scrapper who isnt completely useless

Anisimovs AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:34 AM
  #162
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimovs AK View Post
Foligno, Dubinsky, and (especially) Wiz are all capable scrappers as well. Cody Bass is also a scrapper who isnt completely useless
Easy now.

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:47 AM
  #163
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Obviously pathetic with no leadership in the room.



(Am I doing this right?)
You see you are again (as usual) right

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:48 AM
  #164
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 36,768
vCash: 500
As I said a few days ago, the Sharks were playing great and the Jackets wouldn't have much of a chance.

__________________
Devil inside, devil inside, every single one of us, the devil inside.
SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:50 AM
  #165
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post

It seems you are making a joke, that if advanced stats says this about JJ it just proves that they're worthless because we all know JJ is kickass... Actually I'm not sure you're saying that. In any case, the advanced stats for JJ when he was with the Kings showed that he was abysmal. But since joining the Jackets his advanced stats show that he is actually a valuable defender who, this year, has been playing against the toughest opposition, starting in his own end, and moving the puck forward at a very good rate. Isn't that what we see?
Yes, I did forget the

It seems that's all we have heard about JJ is how bad the stats tell us he is. And you are right, if one checks he is much better than he used to be. But that's how HF is, once a reputation is gained to hell with the facts.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:54 AM
  #166
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
What I still cannot believe is that Richards continues to put RJ and Foligno together on the PP rather than Calvert and Atkinson. The idea of RJ and Nick on the PP together is so stupid that it is beyond fathomable. This time the only shot on goal they produced was by the Sharks. One of those two must be gone next year.
Foligno has speed, size, and some good moves.

But he can't seem to avoid peppering his game with bad passes. He had all the earmarks of a career 3rd liner, so I wouldn't expect to see him stick around.

RJ continues to look like a guy who's lost his game. Some other team will no doubt think they can help him find it.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:59 AM
  #167
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 23,834
vCash: 955
IMO JJ's advanced stats are ok but not great. Like the rest of the team is. JJ is not good enough to carry the team but can be out there on top pairing and log tough minutes. Without being liability. I think he'll improve even.

The good: he doesn't take much penalties.
Takes tough minutes. Low. off zone starts.
Improvement form previous years.

The bad: doesn't excel against tough competition. Hope this improves as C depth gets better.

Corsi is still negative.

Team scores more when he's off the ice and lets in less goals. Doesn't mean JJ is bad but he's taking the tougher minutes. If they'd be given someone else, we would be worse.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:00 AM
  #168
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,887
vCash: 500
One down, eight to go.

Watched at the Firehouse last night. Gave my tickets to my oldest daughter and son-in-law. So glad they got to see a great game.

Sadly, didn't get to see the third period due to taking a few emergency runs. Really wish people would try and schedule their emergencies for after the CBJ game is over!

Not going to hate on RJ. Still think he would be a valuable piece on a good third line.

No complaints at all about what I saw last night. Love seeing Gabby scoring at better than a point a game.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:35 AM
  #169
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
Excellent game. Only disappointment was that nobody went after Galiardi. You have to protect your goalie and the rest of the league needs to know that you will protect your goalie. Whoever was on the ice should have jumped Galiardi even if they get a suspension. Bob should have whacked him with his stick. Like Hextall said The players need to know that you are a little crazy so that they stay out of the crease.
In this morning's paper, Cam said he didn't see what happened until it was replayed on the board. Had he seen it, he said he would have gone after Galiardi.

That was a great game to attend! The team played well, the crowd was into it, and the results were more than satisfactory! By the way, attendance was announced as 17,771, pretty good for a Tuesday night. As many have said, give Columbus fans something to cheer about and they'll return to the Arena in droves.

Unlike some others, I love seeing all the little kids being introduced by their families to the game. I grew up at sports venues at all levels of all sports and that early exposure made me a fan for life. Those kids are going to be the season ticket holders in just a few years and, hopefully, will have great stories about the "old days" to share with their kids when the Jackets are a playoff regular!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:31 AM
  #170
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
That was a great game to attend! The team played well, the crowd was into it, and the results were more than satisfactory! By the way, attendance was announced as 17,771, pretty good for a Tuesday night. As many have said, give Columbus fans something to cheer about and they'll return to the Arena in droves.
Under 400 from a sellout is more than "pretty good" for a Tuesday night. Way to represent. I wonder if I was one of the 300 or so that got counted as not being there. I had a ticket, but also had a migraine so didn't drive down there.

We've really embarrassed San Jose this season. I am sure they are going to be fired up next Tuesday and attempt to make us pay for our impudence.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:04 AM
  #171
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!
 
Zoo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
I was definitely surprised by the attendance last night. From what I saw, that 17K number was fairly accurate.
My tickets were in a corner (111), and I figured that by the third period my friends and I could find an empty row or two toward the middle if we wanted to get a different angle. Nope. Very few empty seats in the lower sections. It felt good to see so many come out and support the team.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
  #172
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!
 
Zoo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
And if we needed more evidence that Galiardi wasn't touched before he ran Bobs:


Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:35 AM
  #173
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 14,792
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimovs AK View Post
Foligno, Dubinsky, and (especially) Wiz are all capable scrappers as well. Cody Bass is also a scrapper who isnt completely useless
Bass is out for the season I believe.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:49 AM
  #174
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
And if we needed more evidence that Galiardi wasn't touched before he ran Bobs:

When you see the replay after Galiardi gets up he tells the ref that he was pushed. I agree that there needed to be some kind of reaction to that play. St. Louis will try the same thing on Friday, they did it last Friday. These teams are not stupid, they know that Bob is the best player on the ice and really the only thing keeping us in games on a nightly basis. I'm sure no one on here wants the "Michael Leighton Show."

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:53 AM
  #175
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
There could be some nasty moments on Friday nite. We better be ready for the classic Hitchcock encouraged cheap shots.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.