Notices

Dustin Byfuglien and the Trade Market

Old
04-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Huffer

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
If Buff's value was at it's peak, no one here would want to trade him. A month ago this idea wouldn't even come up. But play terrible, and everyone wants to move him like his value is still sky high.
That would make sense as a complaint if the only reason someone was looking to trade Buff was because they all of a sudden thought he was terrible.

I don't know if that is really the case for the majority though. I know it's not for me. I like having Buff on the team and all things being equal would love to see this team at some point with a top 4 of Enstrom, Buff, Bogo, and Trouba.

But everything is not equal. I've also seen this team for a year and a half try to get by on 1 line and 1 guy up front. We've stumbled down the stretch because as LLW goes, so does the team, and they didn't produce for a good stretch. For me it's the reality that this team needs more talent in the top 6. Heck, they could use additional top 3, top 6, AND top 9 help. And that's got to come somewhere. Hopefully Scheifele will be able to help in some capacity, but he's not going to be the difference maker next year. Maybe we can get a UFA, but that's not guaranteed.

We could throw out names like Postma, Redmond, maybe even Burmistrov, but the reality is, if we really want that impact forward back, that's not going to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymnky View Post
So true. No - can't trade Enstrom or Bogo or Trouba but hey take Buff - he's great.
There's a reason for that though. Can we trade Enstrom, our only LHD? Plus, Bogo and Trouba are much better for the Jets in terms of age relative to competing.

Plus, people would complain anyway.

<sarcasm>
Enstrom? That guy is way too small and just can't stay healthy lately. Do not want.
Bogosian? That dude was terrible in Atlanta. No toolbox on that guy. He's terrible.
Trouba? Wow, obviously Jets fans must want to sell high on this guy. He's going to be a total bust in the NHL. I mean, he's no Morgan Rielly.

It's obvious why Jets fans are talking about dealing these guys, how come Buff's name isn't being mentioned?
</sarcasm>

Last edited by Huffer: 04-11-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:03 PM
ps241
Thank you lotto gods

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
It was more so shedding light on how the two teams valued their players.
yea for sure I get that bazaaa and it does probably represent how the fan bases are feeling right now (at this snap shot in time) but fans are funny that way and tend to react in the moment allot. I do think Buff will be very attractive to some teams even though he is working his way through slump right now and I have zero idea if Chevy would even be shopping him?

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:29 PM
lablite47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapour Trails View Post
Anyone who thinks trading Buff is a good idea is out of their mind.

He's really cleaned up his defensive play, making much better decisions now. He's easily one of the most powerful players in the league. He has better offensive skills than the vast majority of the forwards and can punish the opposition with big hits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lablite47 View Post
I can think of at least 2 punishing hits by Buff in the last 2 seasons!
So this was meant to be facetious as in what punishing hits? Having the capacity and actually hitting is quite different. I thought that I would have had more Buff supporters jumping all over me for this comment.. But seeing that there was none is a sign that perhaps it's an accepted fact and that it is simply a aspect of Buffs game that we'd like to have portrayed in hopes of getting more for him than what he is actually worth?

lablite47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:39 PM
jetsfan8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post

I actually thought about Buff more like a Chevy pick-up

But I get your point

not chevy, a ford superduty.....ya
or maybe a f150 raptor

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote