HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Outdoor Inline hockey skates

Old
04-10-2013, 10:51 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

vCash: 500
Outdoor Inline hockey skates

Hey guys, so I've had these skates for 5+ years (CCM RH 125 with an aluminum frame) Nothing fancy but they last me for a long time. I use them mainly for outdoor roller hockey, fitness and casual skating. The wheels are done on them so I thought I'd change them. Thing is I got no clue of what size of wheels the frame can handle (can't find it written anywhere). My guess is they were 72 or 76mm wheels, not sure tho. As for hardness, they were pretty soft, so I might go with something harder, maybe 80A-83A? If any1 knows whats the maximum size I can put on those skates and what would be the ideal wheel hardness for me I'd love to hear some insights.Thanks!

P.S. I love stability and high grip and I don't skate everyday, I don't mind going a little softer wheel that wears out faster but sticks better to asphalt.

Thats not a picture of my skates. Mine are way more worn out lol but it's essentially the same model. Figured it could help 1 of you guys find out what size of wheels I can get.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Count of DannyKristo

My rollerblades have a "Hi-Lo" set-up. Something like 80mm for the back two wheels and 72mm for the front two.

Your blades look like a flat set-up so try something like 76mm for all four wheels. If you are using them only outside get a harder wheel - 82A perhaps.

Count of DannyKristo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:05 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Winkle View Post
My rollerblades have a "Hi-Lo" set-up. Something like 80mm for the back two wheels and 72mm for the front two.

Your blades look like a flat set-up so try something like 76mm for all four wheels. If you are using them only outside get a harder wheel - 82A perhaps.
Thx!

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote