HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Close but no cigar; Habs lose 3-2

Old
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 500
All the negative Nancy's need to realize that if it wasn't for Price's incredible performance in the first the game would've probably ended 6-2. They had 9 shots before we got one in and at least 5 of those shots were legit scoring chances.

He didn't look too great on that Ovi floater, but I don't blame him at all for the end result. How many open nets did our forwards miss? Worse thing is, I won't blame them either. We had an unlucky game where the Habs were clearly better overall.

Chris ****ing Lee should get the first star of the game, he jammed his whistle so far up his ass he couldn't get it out in the third to call OBVIOUS penalties. I swear that dingdong must be butt buddies with Bettman, I can't believe he still has a job.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
New line combos at practice today

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Galchenyuk Eller Ryder
Moen Halpern Prust

I still can't believe every line gets broken up except Desharnais' line.

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 35m
Bourque is on a line with Gionta and Plekanec. Ryder is with Galchenyuk and Eller. Prust is with Moen and Halpern.
I'd go with:
Ryder Plekanec Gionta
Pacioretty Desharnais Bourque
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Moen Halpern Prust

Le Petit Prince needs two big wingers. He'll struggle otherwise.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Plante
Ex Jr. B Goaler

Lots of slow reactions by our team, they were off by 1 or 2 degrees

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Galchenyuk Eller Ryder
Moen Halpern Prust

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 35m
Bourque is on a line with Gionta and Plekanec. Ryder is with Galchenyuk and Eller. Prust is with Moen and Halpern.
Switch Galchenyuk and Desharnais, and at this point, I'd be ok with it.
And keep the lines intact for PPs FFS

Son Oncle Jerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
All the negative Nancy's need to realize that if it wasn't for Price's incredible performance in the first the game would've probably ended 6-2. They had 9 shots before we got one in and at least 5 of those shots were legit scoring chances.

He didn't look too great on that Ovi floater, but I don't blame him at all for the end result. How many open nets did our forwards miss? Worse thing is, I won't blame them either. We had an unlucky game where the Habs were clearly better overall.

Chris ****ing Lee should get the first star of the game, he jammed his whistle so far up his ass he couldn't get it out in the third to call OBVIOUS penalties. I swear that dingdong must be butt buddies with Bettman, I can't believe he still has a job.
stop using the power of logics please it's not allowed on this board

meh game for everyone, it happens from time to time nothing to worry about, we had a couple of those this season and they always came out strong the next game

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:52 AM
fromthepast

That's what I would do,

bourque plek gio
pac david ryder
galc eller gall
prust halp moen

fromthepast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:57 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Never been Bourque's biggest fan but he looked really good and ready for more icetime. Time for a lineup mix-up while there's still time before the playoffs and time to build chemistry.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Ryder
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Halpern - Prust

If DD really can't do anything without Pacioretty:
Ryder - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Moen - Halpern - Prust

Separate the midgets to 3 lines. Bourque perhaps recreating the Cole presence from 11/12 to make DD bounce back.

I too like to separate the three really small players. And I like Plekanec's line to include good defensive players so that they can play the tough minutes.

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Bourque
Prust-Halpern-Moen

PP1 - Pacioretty-Plekanec-Ryder
PP2 - Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

PK1 - Plekanec-Moen
PK2 - Halpern-Prust
PK3 - Eller-Gionta

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:59 AM
SB164

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 5m

#Habs Budaj will start vs. Sabres in Buffalo Thursday.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 5m

#Habs Budaj will start vs. Sabres in Buffalo Thursday.
Not really surprised and a good break for Price before Saturday's game in TO

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
I don't understand how people can think Beaulieu deserved a callup before Tinordi. I just don't see it, and this is coming from a guy who ultimately likes Tinordi better as a prospect than Beaulieu. Beaulieu was lights out in his first 2 games as a Hab. Whereas Tinordi, to me, failed to show why he was picked in the first round.

Both players are very raw, and both have some improvement to bring to their game before being impact players in the NHL, but while both had their weaknesses, only one of those two showed to me the STRENGTHS that made him a 1st rounder; and it's Beaulieu. Very few physical plays from Tinordi, and he definitely needs more seasonning before being able to bring it to the NHL level.

You may want to reserve the names in that first sentence. The rest of your post says the opposite.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Galchenyuk Eller Ryder
Moen Halpern Prust

i would switch Gallagher & Ryder on those two lines. I don't know why MT insists on keeping his worse line (for weeks) intact.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You may want to reserve the names in that first sentence. The rest of your post says the opposite.
True that. Sorry. Clearly inversed the names for some reason... :v

Son Oncle Jerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:23 PM
durojean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
That's if you subscribe to the belief that every puck that ends up behind the goalie is the fault of the goalie alone, which I do not.
The Washington dedence wasn't perfect either yesterday the scoring chances were there for Montreal but Neuvirth shut the door.

All in all the habs played a little better than the caps. Where the Caps dominated at the beginning of the games the Habs dominated the beginning of the second until Washington first goal.

Yesterday the big difference was in net. Neuvirth had a better game then Price.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:36 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:

I prefer games reffed like that because that's the way it will probably be in the playoffs. Lots of things will be ignored. Let the team get used to that.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
durojean

Quote:

All you have to realize is that the habs had a really good start of the second where Neuvirth was also real good. If both goalie would have sucked the score would have finish something like 6 - 5 for the Habs because in the whole game they had a better game then the Caps. Or we could say it was evenly matched.

I'm not saying Price was bad yesterday, I'm saying Neuvirth was better and ultimately it's goaltending that made the difference in that game and Price got the short end of it.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:13 PM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I prefer games reffed like that because that's the way it will probably be in the playoffs. Lots of things will be ignored. Let the team get used to that.
Exactly. This particular Chris Lee ref-fest was perfectly acceptable in my eyes because of the reason you stated. This is how the playoffs are going to be reffed, and it's been this way for the longest time, so NO EXCUSES.

SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
All you have to realize is that the habs had a really good start of the second where Neuvirth was also real good. If both goalie would have sucked the score would have finish something like 6 - 5 for the Habs because in the whole game they had a better game then the Caps. Or we could say it was evenly matched.

I'm not saying Price was bad yesterday, I'm saying Neuvirth was better and ultimately it's goaltending that made the difference in that game and Price got the short end of it.
I think Price would look amazing facing low percentage all-star shooters Gio, Patches, DD, Gorges, Bouillon, Moen and Plekanec. Instead of facing the player with most goals since I wasnt even born. (Yes I was...)

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
The Washington dedence wasn't perfect either yesterday the scoring chances were there for Montreal but Neuvirth shut the door.

All in all the habs played a little better than the caps. Where the Caps dominated at the beginning of the games the Habs dominated the beginning of the second until Washington first goal.

Yesterday the big difference was in net.
Neuvirth had a better game then Price.
Then we don't see eye to eye. I don't think Neuvirth was a big difference positively for the Capitals and I don't think Price was a big difference negatively for us. You can wrestle all day with which goalie played better, but neither would be the reason for the outcome, so I don't see the point. I think the fact that our third line was our best line and our first two lines were generally ineffective was the big difference in this game, and it makes more sense to me to focus on that.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Oh wow, thanks for clearing that up. Read my comment again and stop being so quick to attack everytime somebody says something about Price. He's a great goalie and the best in his age group.
I agree with you, and adding on to your comments...everyone relax...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
DD must be the nicest guy in the world or something because he easily has the longest rope of any player on this team and has hardly earned it.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:23 PM
rumple03

Not sure why people are saying Price played bad, typical Habs drama fans. I thought he played fantastic. Granted I only saw about 85% of the game (I was watching while at work), but he looked great to me. Maybe I have a different perspective since I actually play goal. I only saw 2 of WAS goals, the one that popped up over Price and rolled in and the knuckle ball goal.

To someone who doesn't play goal, I can understand why you would think those were bad goals, but knowing how difficult it is to change your reaction timing for a shot you are expecting to rise that suddenly drops, is incredibly difficult to do. It goes against the exact opposite of what your muscle memory has been trained to do, which is to time the raising of your glove with the release of the puck.

As for the popup over the head goal, again, knowing how much skill, timing, and speed is required to not only stop a shot but try to trap it against your blocker, I can't blame Price for that weird goal.

In the 1st period alone, WAS had about 5 high % scoring chances within 7' of the Habs net and Price stopped them all. The score could have easily been 3-0 or 4-0 leaving the 1st if it wasn't for Price.

rumple03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:41 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Beaulieu! Let him learn and it looks like he wants it... his lumps.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:26 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:

Yesterday the big difference was in net. Neuvirth had a better game then Price.
No one single player can be blamed for the loss yesterday. Both goalies made some amazing saves.

The Capitals score on a fluky goal where Chimera?? hit Price's pad with his stick which caused the puck to sail over his head and into the goal.

Combine that with a post that I think Pacioretty hit.

Could have easily been 3-2 Montreal. But that's the breaks. Sometimes they go your way like against Boston. Sometimes they go against you like last night.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:29 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
DD must be the nicest guy in the world or something because he easily has the longest rope of any player on this team and has hardly earned it.
Eleven forwards did not score a goal last night.

Six DMen did not score a goal last night.

Carey Price did not score a goal last night.

DD gets the blame. Bravo!!!!!

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'll ensure the NHL scouts that the mighty Frank Drebin has the reflexes to adjust faster than Carey Price when a puck drops a fraction of space before it is about to be caught.
Hello Mr Timmins? Yes, the guy with 25,000 posts on HFBoards is here to see you.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote