HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #40 - Canucks def. Flames - 4-1

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 12:49 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

vCash: 500
I propose that Roy gets the "2nd line" line mates and Kesler gets the "3rd line" line mates...

Because Roy likes to make plays, and Kesler can just play without having to use his line mates.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:54 AM
pahlsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
I propose that Roy gets the "2nd line" line mates and Kesler gets the "3rd line" line mates...

Because Roy likes to make plays, and Kesler can just play without having to use his line mates.
i agree

except kassian and kesler looked kinda decent so i'm willing to give them another game to see if they actually work

Old
04-11-2013, 12:55 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
was giordano trying to kill the ref with the net on the 1st goal

Old
04-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Derp Kassian

@ M A K A V E L I is there any gif of this supposed Bieksa crosscheck?

The tears in this thread are delicious http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=126878

Old
04-11-2013, 12:56 AM
biturbo19

What an awful ugly boring game.

Sloppy play all over the place. It's nice we pulled out a win and potted a bunch late. But jeeez, that was not fun to watch.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:57 AM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver_2010 View Post
i would like to see the sedins sit out for a few games before the season ended as well.
you idiot! I have hank in my main pool and i'm in 2nd!!!

Old
04-11-2013, 12:58 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Kassian View Post

The tears in this thread are delicious http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=126878
I just want a gif of Gio supermanning the net off.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:59 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
you idiot! I have hank in my main pool and i'm in 2nd!!!
Henrik's ironman streak won't be ended, so not sitting out. I could see him playing low minutes though.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:00 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
He's better than any of our 4th line wingers from last year.
Yeah. Weise is a very good 4th line winger. More than that...no. Please no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc View Post
Weise was next to useless playing on Roy's line. They should have put ebbett there instead.
Contract/callups/etc aside, i'd honestly rather see Jensen back up in that spot, over Weise or Ebbett.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:01 AM
WestleySnipez
Christmas came early

Quote:
Was this edited by you? I'm pretty sure Shorty said "Mike Lega blows!" and Ceech said Yes

Old
04-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:

A friend of mine is a calgary fan and told me to visit awhile back for the post game melt downs and I just love how classy that fan base is. I did not think was a more absurd place on the internet then cdc to discuss hockey, but calgary puck might top it.

Wishing the vc fans in calgary tonight would get hit by a truck and they were absolutely furious about the LOUUUU chants.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Tanevian*

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
weise is just planning ahead by not wanting to use up all his moves, boy you guys are gonna look dumb when he scores on a sweet deke top shelf to win the stanley cup
I will look dumb no matter who scores the winning goal for the Canucks and will continue acting like a drunken idiot for a week.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:05 AM
polarbearcub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Let Us Win View Post
I will look dumb no matter who scores the winning goal for the Canucks and will continue acting like a drunken idiot for a week.
And no one will notice you because we all will. This site will be abandoned while we all are lying in gutters from partying too much.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:19 AM
BrandonL

Surprised so many people are afraid to play the Blues. I think the Canucks are stronger at every position....

Schneider > Every St. Louis goaltender: Both Halak & Elliot have been extremely inconsistent this season. Is anyone afraid of meeting Jake Allen in the first round? It doesn't matter who they go with in net, Canucks have a definite advantage.

Canucks D > St. Louis D - Both teams have structured their defensive core in a pretty similar way, and both teams have lots of depth. That being said, in a seven game series, I would still take the playoff experience of the Canucks D-core. It's pretty close though.

Canucks forwards > Blues forwards - The Canucks have five forwards with 10 or more goals this season, the Blues have two. Sure the Blues have guys like Backes and Stewart that are built for the post season, but they also have a bunch of soft forwards (Oshie, Perron, McDonald, Berglund, Tarasenko) that the Canucks could grind down over a 7 game series.

I'd prefer to see the Canucks draw the Wild or Sharks in the first round, but I definitely don't think the Canucks should fear a first round matchup with the Blues.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:19 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
A friend of mine is a calgary fan and told me to visit awhile back for the post game melt downs and I just love how classy that fan base is. I did not think was a more absurd place on the internet then cdc to discuss hockey, but calgary puck might top it.

Wishing the vc fans in calgary tonight would get hit by a truck and they were absolutely furious about the LOUUUU chants.
The Flames aren't a hot ticket in Calgary anymore, most of the time the opposing fan base are in the Saddledome cheering them on ( Canucks, Oilers, Red Wings )

Kipper is retiring, Iginla is gone and the Flames are in the 1997-2003 rebuilding phase.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:24 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
I'd prefer to see the Canucks draw the Wild or Sharks in the first round, but I definitely don't think the Canucks should fear a first round matchup with the Blues.
No easy first round matchups this year.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:31 AM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestleySnipez View Post
Was this edited by you? I'm pretty sure Shorty said "Mike Lega blows!" and Ceech said Yes
Nope.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:31 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
Surprised so many people are afraid to play the Blues. I think the Canucks are stronger at every position....

Schneider > Every St. Louis goaltender: Both Halak & Elliot have been extremely inconsistent this season. Is anyone afraid of meeting Jake Allen in the first round? It doesn't matter who they go with in net, Canucks have a definite advantage.

Canucks D > St. Louis D - Both teams have structured their defensive core in a pretty similar way, and both teams have lots of depth. That being said, in a seven game series, I would still take the playoff experience of the Canucks D-core. It's pretty close though.

Canucks forwards > Blues forwards - The Canucks have five forwards with 10 or more goals this season, the Blues have two. Sure the Blues have guys like Backes and Stewart that are built for the post season, but they also have a bunch of soft forwards (Oshie, Perron, McDonald, Berglund, Tarasenko) that the Canucks could grind down over a 7 game series.

What???

I mean, most of those guys aren't exactly 'soft'. But did you honestly just call Oshie a 'soft' player?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:33 AM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:

Which crosscheck? Do you mean the push on Backlund at 6:07?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Tanevian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearcub View Post
And no one will notice you because we all will. This site will be abandoned while we all are lying in gutters from partying too much.
But the youtube on the interweb will chronicle my stupid and be there for sober me to view. If I ever actually sober up.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Tanevian*

Quote:
Which crosscheck? Do you mean the push on Backlund at 6:07?
How about the horrible attack on Stajan? You know, the one the league won't review because the NHL hates Calgary?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
What???

I mean, most of those guys aren't exactly 'soft'. But did you honestly just call Oshie a 'soft' player?
yeah lol i dunno if i trust his analysis anymore

Old
04-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Karter

Nothing completes a night more for me than the tears of Alberta teams. Gunna read the Edmonton and Calgary sections with my cereal in the morning.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:55 AM
aandbreatheme

Playing the Flames is just excruciatingly boring. Fans don't give a ****, and neither does the team (I think they were falling asleep out there, too). They decided to show up for 5 minutes and won. Nothing to take from this game (or any games against the Flames). I want to see how we fare against a real team. I really, really wish we could get that #2 spot. The team plays great at home, but it's a long shot.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:58 AM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

That CP thread is just hilarious.

Closed Thread