HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

An Early Look At Team USA 2014 Olympics

Old
03-02-2013, 10:41 AM
LastWordArmy

vCash: 450
An Early Look At Team USA 2014 Olympics

http://lastwordonsports.com/an-early-look-team-usa-hockey-and-the-2014-olympics/

Quote:
8th D (press box) Ė Keith Yandle

The Coyotes defender is another great skater. As you can see, Iím putting a huge premium on this ability, especially on defense, given the bigger ice surface. Yandle also has a booming slap shot and one timer.... But being solely a guy used on the left, he unfortunately starts in the press box since he canít replace one of the Johnsons.

LastWordArmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:28 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
a pretty decent look on team USA. I like the explanation of some of his picks though I might disagree with a few. I really cant see Matt Carle making this team with the amount of depth at blue line we have. I have always liked Carle, but many have said he was a product of Chris Pronger in Philly...now I havent seena ton of him this year, but I just cant see him making this squad over guys like Faulk, Fowler, Carlson, etc..

as for the forwards, I find it pretty funny that our 4th line looks like the best damn line out there. Bobby Ryan, Ryan Kelser, and Dustin Brown as our 4th line??? that would be sick. Only problem is I think it leaves us a bit vulnerable with some of the other lines as I doubt Stastny is considered a #1C for this team by next year.

I like Oshie and Backes together as that makes sense, but for some reason I keep wanting Wheeler over Oshie for this team...just my personal take.

I love seeing Craig Anderson on this team as he deserves to be. I dont know if I would hand Quick the #1 right now, especially with his up and down year this year, but I can live with a battle between Miller, Quick, and Anderson to see who takes the #1 spot.

All in all not a bad read. I think there might be a few surprises overall, but the team listed here for the most part will be what we send to Sochi.

team should be another medal favorite as it only got better since last Olympics with many of our younger players heading into their prime.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:14 AM
tade

Damn, I really like line Ryan/Kesler/Brown. I would just replace Stastny with Stepan, I don't see Stastny as a 1st center for USA or even making team. I wouldn't be afraid to put Stepan between Parise and Kane - damn that would be another scary good line.

Zach Parise - Derek Stepan - Patrick Kane
Bobby Ryan - Ryan Kesler - Dustin Brown

I would make some changes in defense, what about this? I think it's damn good defense.

Ryan Suter - Brooks Orpik
Kevin Shattenkirk - Keith Yandle
Ryan McDonagh - Jack Johnson

Extra: Dustin Byfuglien, John Carlson, Matt Carle

tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post
Damn, I really like line Ryan/Kesler/Brown. I would just replace Stastny with Stepan, I don't see Stastny as a 1st center for USA or even making team. I wouldn't be afraid to put Stepan between Parise and Kane - damn that would be another scary good line.

Zach Parise - Derek Stepan - Patrick Kane
Bobby Ryan - Ryan Kesler - Dustin Brown

I would make some changes in defense, what about this? I think it's damn good defense.

Ryan Suter - Brooks Orpik
Kevin Shattenkirk - Keith Yandle
Ryan McDonagh - Jack Johnson

Extra: Dustin Byfuglien, John Carlson, Matt Carle
I like your thinking on Orpik and Stastny. Stastny doesn't deserve a spot.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote