HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs @ Ducks | Today's Date | What Happens In Vegas...Goes on Shane O'Brien's Twitter!

Old
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
TheTechNoir

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Yeah, that would make sense. Like you said, he doesn't usually avoid contact like that.
Still living in Calgary? Avs your fav team?

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Unlimited Chequing
Hangin' in the dome

vCash: 5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
Yeah we will end up winning all games that is left and lose our top 5 tip plus Sacco extended until 2016 darn you Jiggzor
Haha I think that would piss people off way more than losing all remaining games!

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:53 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
Still living in Calgary? Avs your fav team?
Yes, And Yes

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
Here is something that will make every Avs fan feel just a little bit sicker..

Ducks announcer talking about Giguere's comment, and they also mentioned that they talked to people in the Avs organization who said that this team is gonna be pretty much the same next year, and that they have to get used to each other, and get back to winning, and stop the losing ways.

So if this team wins enough games until end of the season to miss out on top two picks, and even worse, if they miss out on top 3 picks, next year is gonna be much and i mean much worse going through this 82 games compared to 48 this year.

But if this team seriously doesn't make changes, keep the same bums on defense, keep Sacco, i'm not renewing my center ice, and i'm completely stop caring about this team until they finally put a winning team on the ice.

No, the Ducks announcers didn't say they were talking to people in the Avs organization that said that. They said that Giggy said that the roster next year was probably(key word) going to be similar next year because of all the contracts we have beyond this season.

The roster can still change a lot from now until next October.

Even so, the Avs are not this bad of a team. This is also a very similar roster to the one that missed playoffs by 2 games last season. We hit a rough stretch 15 games ago, and everyone lost there confidence and with a team as young as ours with little Veteran leadership and a coach that fails to get guys fired up, it became impossible to overcome.

Even with this exact roster next year, I highly doubt we would be a bottom 5 team. Our Defense is bad but if played the proper minutes it could be decent. Barrie, Hejda, EJ, Wilson need to see 22+ mins a night, and the other scrubs get 14ish.

Its not all doom and gloom, some people just have very short memories and don't look at the big picture very well.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

I have finals at 8am tomorrow, I had planned to be asleep by 1200AM tonight because I figured we would be down 2 or 3-0 by then.

Screw you Avs for not following the tank. I need sleep damnit!

Old
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
No, the Ducks announcers didn't say they were talking to people in the Avs organization that said that. They said that Giggy said that the roster next year was probably(key word) going to be similar next year because of all the contracts we have beyond this season.

The roster can still change a lot from now until next October.

Even so, the Avs are not this bad of a team. This is also a very similar roster to the one that missed playoffs by 2 games last season. We hit a rough stretch 15 games ago, and everyone lost there confidence and with a team as young as ours with little Veteran leadership and a coach that fails to get guys fired up, it became impossible to overcome.

Even with this exact roster next year, I highly doubt we would be a bottom 5 team. Our Defense is bad but if played the proper minutes it could be decent. Barrie, Hejda, EJ, Wilson need to see 22+ mins a night, and the other scrubs get 14ish.

Its not all doom and gloom, some people just have very short memories and don't look at the big picture very well.
The big picture to me is not the Vegas trips, it's not the young roster, it's not so much the coaching either, although yes i want Sacco replaced.

The big picture to me is the Avs defense needs to be completely changed for this team to be any better. Only one d-man has a goal for the Avs the entire season, and you got bunch of bums logging bunch of minutes.

Giguere can say the team lost confidence, or they are a young team all he wants, no team in this league can win with that d core.

Hopefully they don't win enough games to miss out on top 2 picks, that's what i want, and also i'm hoping Siemens might be ready for NHL next year.

the_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
TheTechNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Yes, And Yes
Haha, not sure if that's a sad for both, or one or the other.

Right on though, same applies to me. Perhaps I'll run into you at a game sometime. Looks like the poster above you is the same. I noticed at the Avs games I've been too, a pretty awesome amount of Nordiques jerseys.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

Quote:
Haha, not sure if that's a sad for both, or one or the other.

Right on though, same applies to me. Perhaps I'll run into you at a game sometime. Looks like the poster above you is the same. I noticed at the Avs games I've been too, a pretty awesome amount of Nordiques jerseys.
I have always been surprised with the amount of Avs jerseys at the dome. But I probably shouldn't be. They were a huge team in the late 90's. Yeah, no doubt if we are both at the dome we will run into each other, literally. I hate that arena. Concourse is so small.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
TheTechNoir

Quote:
The big picture to me is not the Vegas trips, it's not the young roster, it's not so much the coaching either, although yes i want Sacco replaced.

The big picture to me is the Avs defense needs to be completely changed for this team to be any better. Only one d-man has a goal for the Avs the entire season, and you got bunch of bums logging bunch of minutes.

Giguere can say the team lost confidence, or they are a young team all he wants, no team in this league can win with that d core.

Hopefully they don't win enough games to miss out on top 2 picks, that's what i want, and also i'm hoping Siemens might be ready for NHL next year.
I will be a very happy man if we can draft Jones, Murphy, and Weegar.

EDIT: In a rare odd moment I hope Calgary wins tonight. Just to keep Colorado down in last... I feel disgusted to hope for that as a fan, but at this point and with this few remaining games... Would love if they and the rest of the basement teams started winning, keeping them in place.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Unlimited Chequing
Hangin' in the dome

Quote:
I'm a Flames fan, but the Avs are my second team. The only time I've been down at the Dome this past year was for the Chili Peppers concert haha

Old
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

Agreed. Defense definitely needs some sort of overhaul. If we draft Jones, that would be enough IMO. Maybe not immediately enough our defense would likely still be below average next year, but 2 years from now it would be a lot better.

If we don't draft Jones and end up with Mack/Drouin. We need to trade Stas for a Dman or sign Scuderi/Streit and find a reclamation project(McBain?).

Old
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
the_fan

oh crap

the_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

that looked rather weak to me.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Captain Landeskog!

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

All hail Landy!

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

Oh Gawd. Landy made that look easy.

Old
NWAvs

Lando loves that man down joint. Bdddddaaaat!!

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

Landy is a short handed monster

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
No kidding, I think there are some guys I played with in high school faster than Zanon.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Unlimited Chequing
Hangin' in the dome

Whoa! A goal!

Old
Tralfamadore
Back down to earth

My god that was soft by Getzlaf

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

What is this?????

A Viking siting?

What world am I in?

Old
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

Greg Zanon now has more points than EJ...

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Unlimited Chequing
Hangin' in the dome

That was pretty.

Old
benzino