2013 Masters: Its the Masters, it needs it own thread

Old
04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
daver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
right from the rules committee:
The onus is on the player to know the rules or, if in doubt, ask for a ruling. It is not the responsibility of the officials to ensure all golfers are playing within the rules.

Whatever the circumstances around the viewer calling in, or the officials not making the right call or talking to Tiger before he signed is irrelevent.

He signed an incorrect card because he did not know the rules and deserved to be DQed as the rules state.

daver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
right from the rules committee:
You said they talked to a rules official about his driop. They didnt, UNTIL THE NEXT DAY.
Know whereof you speak

Billybaroo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat sauce View Post
no sense in brining logic to this thread. the haters will always hate
And the jock sniffers will always sniff.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
you've shown you know absolutely nothing about golf. and continue to spew nonsense to further prove you know nothing. just one of the haters. keep going though. its amusing
What part of this do you not understand? Directly from the USGA website :

"A Committee would not be justified under Rule 33-7 in waiving or modifying the disqualification penalty prescribed in Rule 6-6d if the player’s failure to include the penalty stroke(s) was a result of either ignorance of the Rules or of facts that the player could have reasonably discovered prior to signing and returning his score card."

Last edited by Billybaroo*: 04-15-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old
04-15-2013, 12:44 PM
daver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
What part of this do you not understand? Directly from the USGA website :

"A Committee would not be justified under Rule 33-7 in waiving or modifying the disqualification penalty prescribed in Rule 6-6d if the player’s failure to include the penalty stroke(s) was a result of either ignorance of the Rules or of facts that the player could have reasonably discovered prior to signing and returning his score card."
I'm beginning to wonder if the " a viewer called in and we reviewed before Tiger finished his round" was made up to try to justify the use of 33-7. It seems strange that given the greyness of the drop and the rule, they would not have spoken with him before he signed his card.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if the " a viewer called in and we reviewed before Tiger finished his round" was made up to try to justify the use of 33-7. It seems strange that given the greyness of the drop and the rule, they would not have spoken with him before he signed his card.
Oh, I have my theories over what all occured.
But the problem with their use of 33-7, is it is there in black & white it cant be used in these circumstances. It just cant be.
The application of it is that can be used where you would have no way of ever knowing something happened which would result in a rules infraction which you wouldnt call cause you had no idea (like your ball barely moving which could only be seen on HD video), that only comes to light after you sign your card.
Its obvious it cant be used in Tigers instance..

Old
04-15-2013, 01:28 PM
daver

Quote:
Oh, I have my theories over what all occured.
But the problem with their use of 33-7, is it is there in black & white it cant be used in these circumstances. It just cant be.
The application of it is that can be used where you would have no way of ever knowing something happened which would result in a rules infraction which you wouldnt call cause you had no idea (like your ball barely moving which could only be seen on HD video), that only comes to light after you sign your card.
Its obvious it cant be used in Tigers instance..
I agree that the use of 33-7 was wrong but it was the only thing they could work with to keep him playing once he admitted to the drop.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
I agree that the use of 33-7 was wrong but it was the only thing they could work with to keep him playing once he admitted to the drop.
Oh, I know. Thats why it was its an absolute disgrace.It may be golfs lowest moment.A rules committee presumably knowingly cheating on behalf of a competitor.
Unbelievable.
I hope they were not aware of the qualifier (or at least say they were not), and they acknowledge they screwed up. That would make it at least somewhat palatable.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:57 PM
daver

Quote:
you've shown you know absolutely nothing about golf. and continue to spew nonsense to further prove you know nothing. just one of the haters. keep going though. its amusing
You are questioning the golf knowledge of someone whose username is Billybaroo?

Old
04-15-2013, 01:59 PM
daver

Quote:
Oh, I know. Thats why it was its an absolute disgrace.It may be golfs lowest moment.A rules committee presumably knowingly cheating on behalf of a competitor.
Unbelievable.
I hope they were not aware of the qualifier (or at least say they were not), and they acknowledge they screwed up. That would make it at least somewhat palatable.
Or it sets a precedent that anytime a player is penalized after they sign their card aren't given the double whammy of a DQ which seems unfair.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Huh is pronounced 'who'

Great finish, good for Scott.
John Huh's name is pronounced "huh" not "who".

Dr John Carlson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Or it sets a precedent that anytime a player is penalized after they sign their card aren't given the double whammy of a DQ which seems unfair.
If they are going to do that, they have to delete the qualifier to 33-7. Because as it is now, they cant do what they did.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:28 AM
TheAntiPrice

These next few years are going to be so competitive...We all know Rory isn't going anywhere...Adam Scott always had the talent but now also has the self-belief that he can do it...Does Phil have any more majors left in him before he hits the wrong side of 40?...You got the Euros competing against each other as the best players to never have won a major in Luke, Westwood, Poulter, Rose, etc...But does any of it even matter if Tiger fully finds his game?

TheAntiPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Unbelievable.
rofl. you are so mad. I love it. tigers going to win at least one major this year and the FedEx Cup and you'll be sitting there mad as hell. Hopefully the PGA makes up new rules so Tiger wins even more

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
rofl. you are so mad. I love it. tigers going to win at least one major this year and the FedEx Cup and you'll be sitting there mad as hell. Hopefully the PGA makes up new rules so Tiger wins even more
Oh, Im not p'o'd at Tiger. Its not his fault the Rules Comittee is a fraud. I dont even think its fair to expect him to withdraw after the Rules Committee made that corrupt decision. As I said previously, if I was him I would be livid with the Rules Committee putting me in the position I was put in, twice.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Oh, Im not p'o'd at Tiger. Its not his fault the Rules Comittee is a fraud. I dont even think its fair to expect him to withdraw after the Rules Committee made that corrupt decision. As I said previously, if I was him I would be livid with the Rules Committee putting me in the position I was put in, twice.
Like the "Rules Comitee" was going to do anything

Come on

If you don't understand by now how the golf business works I don't know what to say to you. The reason he was permitted to bend the rules is common sense.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Like the "Rules Comitee" was going to do anything

Come on

If you don't understand by now how the golf business works I don't know what to say to you. The reason he was permitted to bend the rules is common sense.
Oh, I totally understand the rationale (& it was break the rules, not bend them). But my moral code just cant find that rationale acceptable, whether it be for Tiger or some other guy (they didnt waive the Rules for that Chinese kid).
At the end of the day, I just have a problem with corruption & dishonesty, & having 2 sets of rules.
Call me crazy I guess, but thats just me.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Its good that they changed the rule so guys cant be DQed because of the hawks at home who call up about rule violations

it was a disgrace a couple years back when dustin johnson got screwed out of the US Open cause some clown had to rat him out for grounding his club in a "bunker" (patch of dirt, in reality)

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
daver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Its good that they changed the rule so guys cant be DQed because of the hawks at home who call up about rule violations

it was a disgrace a couple years back when dustin johnson got screwed out of the US Open cause some clown had to rat him out for grounding his club in a "bunker" (patch of dirt, in reality)
Someone calling in wasn't relevent in Tiger's case as Tiger should have known where to drop the ball. The onus is on the players to know and play by the rules. Once he made the illegal drop, he had noone to blame but himself for the penalty and DQ.

In Johnson'case, it was a rules official, not a viewer, who noticed the grounding of the club.