HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Frans Nielsen

Old
04-12-2013, 08:14 AM
burnedtoast3000

vCash: 500
Frans Nielsen

What do you think it would take to get Nielsen on the Canucks. Please be realistic, thanks

burnedtoast3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Dan-o16

It's not realistic to get Nielsen on the Canucks. There's no Islander besides Tavares less likely to be traded. He'll be an Islander at least through 2016.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Islanderfan17

Not getting moved. One of the most clutch players we have, can play in just about any offensive situation and is a very solid 2 way forward. I like to think of him as the most valuable roleplayer on this team, the kind of guy you want for the playoffs.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 08:43 AM
416Leafer

I can only really see Nielsen being moved in a package for an upgrade to the NYI roster, and only if theyre confident Strome can provide the high-end two-way play for the 2nd line that Nielsen is currently providing (Nielsens offence isn't as high as Stromes potential, but defensively he's very good).

So probably Nielsen+ for Edler or Bieksa. I highly doubt the NYI have any interest in Vancouver picks, prospects, or secondary players like Raymond, Tanev, Hansen, etc.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:07 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I can only really see Nielsen being moved in a package for an upgrade to the NYI roster, and only if theyre confident Strome can provide the high-end two-way play for the 2nd line that Nielsen is currently providing (Nielsens offence isn't as high as Stromes potential, but defensively he's very good).

So probably Nielsen+ for Edler or Bieksa. I highly doubt the NYI have any interest in Vancouver picks, prospects, or secondary players like Raymond, Tanev, Hansen, etc.
What he said.

Nielsen's part of what is probably the isles best line. Isles are not moving core players on multi yr deals, to land picks/prospects.

It would have to be for a roster upgrade. Even then, I'd hope the isles would wait until Strome actually made the nhl roster and outplayed Nielsen, taking his 2nd line spot.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
MattyW

Nielsen is not getting moved unless the return includes a massive upgrade in other areas, probably more than the other team would be willing to trade for Franz.

It's hard to imagine a player who averages .5 pts/game being untouchable but he is so much more valuable to the Islanders in his role and at his cap hit than anyone this side of JT.

His vision is 2nd to none on this team, he is great at gaining entry to the zone, is a very good defensive forward, and is 60% or so lifetime in shootouts. The only negative to his game I can think of is his poor faceoff %.

MattyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Nielsen's part of what is probably the isles best line.
Come on dude. I agree that it would take a lot to pry Nielsen away from the Islanders, but there is no way that Nielsen's line is better than Tavares' line.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:56 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Come on dude. I agree that it would take a lot to pry Nielsen away from the Islanders, but there is no way that Nielsen's line is better than Tavares' line.
It has been for a while now.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:56 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

The Isles have no interest in moving Frans.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 11:10 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Buddy, go read some of the isles GDTs and Newsday articles over the last month.

Tavares continues to produce, but has looked sluggish, after carrying the offense in the first half.
Moulson's slowly coming out of a goal scoring slump. He went through a 15 game stretch, where he had something like 1-2 goals.
Boyes, I don't even want him back next season. I see the complaints Sabres fans made last season.

The Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo line finished strong the last 20 games of 2011-2012. Bailey missed the first 4-5 weeks of this season with a scoped knee.
For the past month their forechecking, defense and secondary scoring have made them the isles best line.

Nice to see that line playing so well and getting props
http://thehockeywriters.com/we-want-...-in-islanders/
The Big Line… And we are not talking about Tavares’ and Moulson’s
Kyle Okposo, Josh Bailey, and Frans Nielsen have gelled into the 2nd line this organization so desperately hoped they would. Nielsen had a slow start to the year, but is playing like a legit second line center. Bailey, finally shaking the dust from a overseas lockout injury, has been clutch and exciting as he’s opened the play up for his linemates with routine dazzling maneuvers. Okposo’s energy, grit and bowl-over power has finally flourished as he is now using his strengths to set his line up.

They have become dynamite on the forecheck and their possession time with the puck has continually risen over the last few weeks. A line built out of home grown talent, that the fans have been patient (well, as patient as New York fans can be) to see flourish has finally arrived.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 04-12-2013 at 11:21 AM.
CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:20 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
It's not realistic to get Nielsen on the Canucks. There's no Islander besides Tavares less likely to be traded. He'll be an Islander at least through 2016.
I am not sure he will play his entire contract with the Islanders. If Strome or Nelson come in the next year or 2 and give us a solid #2 center all of a sudden you can make a case Cizikas and Nielsen sort of become redundant for that #3 spot and you trade the one who is making more

All that being said unless the Islanders get a huge overpayment this summer I can't see them trading Nielsen away since we still have questions for that #2 spot next season

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:15 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnedtoast3000 View Post
What do you think it would take to get Nielsen on the Canucks. Please be realistic, thanks
Next year he's available at the deadline. We could use a goalie. The nyi have enough prospects
First + prospect if we had to deal

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Wizeman*

Im not too sure the Islanders make good trading partners for anyone . They have all the talent they need now or in development. With a little playoff revenue, Wang can splurge a bit on a free agent or two this offseason.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:33 PM
XO

It would take a huge overpayment to get him and rightfully so.

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 11:36 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
there is no way that Nielsen's line is better than Tavares' line.
you should have watched a few islanders games before posting that.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 11:39 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
you do realize that by 2016 nelson strome lee and cizikas will be entering the early parts of their primes, it is possible that nelson gets traded before then

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote