HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 09:31 PM
  #776
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I think there's one person.. and it's the first I've seen in a long long time. There are extremes at both ends of the spectrum. It's generally a good idea to ignore the oddities.
Its only on HFboards your not allowed to mention Halak.. when you go out to sports bars you still hear the name Halak here and there and specially when Price plays like saturday.

The reality is that most people who go out to sports Bars (at least in the west island) don't like Price any more and performances like those on staturday makes them ********.

I hope I din't offended any one by mentioning Halak, If I did i'm sorry it won't happen again.

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
  #777
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
And also its when they asked me who would I get instead of price.. and I went with him just because it would have been easier to get him. I mean I think i'd prefer Luongo but hes 34.

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:43 PM
  #778
Plante
Ex Jr. B Goaler
 
Plante's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kelowna, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
And also its when they asked me who would I get instead of price.. and I went with him just because it would have been easier to get him. I mean I think i'd prefer Luongo but hes 34.
You'd prefer Luongo over Price?

Plante is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:44 PM
  #779
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
You'd prefer Luongo over Price?
you don't? Oh I get it is it because hes not a starter in Vancouver?

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:46 PM
  #780
Varlan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
You'd prefer Luongo over Price?
Thank god we got competent management that would never make a trade for Loungo.

Varlan is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:49 PM
  #781
MyNameIsNobody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Can beleive he's making 6,5 M$ ***** ???

You guys expect price to stand on his head every game...???!!!!!!

why do ALL teams have backups !!!!!

He had a crap game...move on and grow up....

MyNameIsNobody* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:50 PM
  #782
gillings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3Rob4e9uE

This is the carey price I want..

Mad, Aggressive, Hyped up.

I don't see any of this in his game now.

His game is so lazy. No fight.

gillings is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
  #783
Plante
Ex Jr. B Goaler
 
Plante's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kelowna, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
you don't? Oh I get it is it because hes not a starter in Vancouver?
No, I live in BC and I watch the Canucks quite often.

I've also played goalie to the junior A level.

....


Showed this to my brother who's a die hard nucks fan and he just cracked up saying, "yes please".

But please, go on. I would love to hear your arguments as to how Luongo is superior to Price at this moment.

Plante is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
  #784
gillings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
We need to make price mad and make him save the puck instead of letting it just hit him.

Josh gorges is a shot blocker.

price is suposed to make saves. no block them.

gillings is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:55 PM
  #785
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3Rob4e9uE

This is the carey price I want..

Mad, Aggressive, Hyped up.

I don't see any of this in his game now.

His game is so lazy. No fight.
Who's that goalie??? Get him!

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:56 PM
  #786
Varlan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
We need to make price mad and make him save the puck instead of letting it just hit him.

Josh gorges is a shot blocker.

price is suposed to make saves. no block them.
Gorges plays goalie too much. Hes good and blocking shots is good sometime, but many times its better to take the players time away and make a move on him rather than sit in front of him flailing around like a madman.

Varlan is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:59 PM
  #787
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
No, I live in BC and I watch the Canucks quite often.

I've also played goalie to the junior A level.

....


Showed this to my brother who's a die hard nucks fan and he just cracked up saying, "yes please".

But please, go on. I would love to hear your arguments as to how Luongo is superior to Price at this moment.
NHL.com

besides this season, the reasons why I'd prefer luango are striking obvious

Besides this year the guy proved he can perform both in a bad and good team.

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
  #788
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
How is this even an argument? Luongo has 7 good seasons in a ron and hes a bum...
Price has 1 good season in 5 years and hes the best goalie in the league...

where's the logic?? God help me.

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:05 PM
  #789
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
I've been "protecting" Price all season long and I will keep doing it but I gotta say I think this season is one of his worst season. Even the season when he lost his number 1 role to Halak he was better despite his numbers. I remember he was very unlucky that season or when he played, the team didn't give him any offensive support.

This season, he gets the offensive support but he always makes the game harder than it should be be letting a softy here and there too often. His focus is lacking this season for some reason.

I thought with the the fact that he has lost a lot of weight compared to the previous years, he would be more dynamic and alert but somehow he seems even slower.

Maybe he should get an appointment with the doc Guimond to fix his lack of focus and concentration at times because his techniques were never a problem, sometime I think he depends too much on his positional game.

Rosso Scuderia is online now  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
  #790
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
You'd prefer Luongo over Price?
I think he legitimately think Luongo is the better goalie. Like seriously. I wouldn't be surprised he rather have Bryzgalov over Price too. He is that.. you know...

Rosso Scuderia is online now  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:11 PM
  #791
Plante
Ex Jr. B Goaler
 
Plante's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kelowna, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
How is this even an argument? Luongo has 7 good seasons in a ron and hes a bum...
Price has 1 good season in 5 years and hes the best goalie in the league...

where's the logic?? God help me.
Your understanding of goaltending is flawed, not the logic.

I really can't explain it to you, it would take years to dismantle what you know and make you relearn the proper way, i'm not the guy to do it.

I mean if it was one or two things sure, but you got a lot of learning to do yet grasshopper.

But if NHL.com is your guide... then lol, have at er hoss, I will never be able to argue that kind of omniscient logic.

Just try to avoid discussing the topic with goalie's is my best bet. HF is a perfect place for that, so are your local pubs

Plante is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:23 PM
  #792
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Its only on HFboards your not allowed to mention Halak.. when you go out to sports bars you still hear the name Halak here and there and specially when Price plays like saturday.

The reality is that most people who go out to sports Bars (at least in the west island) don't like Price any more and performances like those on staturday makes them ********.

I hope I din't offended any one by mentioning Halak, If I did i'm sorry it won't happen again.
This is not China, you can mention anyone you want if your post is thoughtful and polite.

bsl is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
  #793
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3Rob4e9uE

This is the carey price I want..

Mad, Aggressive, Hyped up.

I don't see any of this in his game now.

His game is so lazy. No fight.
Maybe before he didn't fear losing. He's got all the pressure on him now. Fear will find him.

RISE CAREY!

(someone photoshop Carey's face onto Bale's BW in the pit)

habtastic is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:47 PM
  #794
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
Your understanding of goaltending is flawed, not the logic.

If stoping pucks was just about the understanding of goaltending then I assume Price today based on geniuses of goaltending like your self would have at least 1 or 2 SC.

Geniuses like your self, were comparing Price (rookie) to Roy and Dryden back then.

Now people still claim that Price is a very good goalie, Top 5, Elite.

Do you understand that I'm not bashing Price's Techinique right?
Honestly positioning wise hes probably the Best in the NHL no doubt.

What price sucks at is in Tracking the puck's movement, Moving his glove, controlling rebounds ( he got better at it over the years), Reflexes are slow... lateral movements. 5 hole. He also gets scared sometimes lol. Seems very lazy on occasions. Lacks passion.

Also he used to be a party animal. And performances like Saturday are pissing me off cuz for sure he wasn't 100% that day. Even I din't expected him to be that bad.

But of course i'm no goalie coach therefore I can't comment on what I see.

3 goals in 4 shots, to me it seems a little unresonable but what do I know?

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:52 PM
  #795
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 6,455
vCash: 500
Luongo is better than Price. Unfornunatly luongo's contract destroy everything

Bieber fever is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:55 PM
  #796
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Its only on HFboards your not allowed to mention Halak.. when you go out to sports bars you still hear the name Halak here and there and specially when Price plays like saturday.

The reality is that most people who go out to sports Bars (at least in the west island) don't like Price any more and performances like those on staturday makes them ********.

I hope I din't offended any one by mentioning Halak, If I did i'm sorry it won't happen again.
Dude you've seriously lost your mind. You're talking about sports bars now?

I think I might change my username to Bizarro Carey Cost and just talk common sense haha

Ginu is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:59 PM
  #797
Dr_Hook
Registered User
 
Dr_Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3Rob4e9uE

This is the carey price I want..

Mad, Aggressive, Hyped up.

I don't see any of this in his game now.

His game is so lazy. No fight.
I thouroughly agree with this.

Relies heavealy on sound technique but doesn't fight hard to spot pucks through traffic, not alert on loose pucks in close. Too often he'll just get to his spot, drop on his knees trying to look big and waits... Not dynamic at all. Giving me flashbacks of Cristobal sometimes.

Lazy is too strong a word for me, but definitely lacks urgency.

Dr_Hook is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:01 PM
  #798
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post

3 goals in 4 shots, to me it seems a little unresonable but what do I know?
You know other it happens to good goalie too. Rinne started a game and lets in 2 goals in the first two shots and got pulled right away. Yes, Rinne, the goalie that everyone agrees that he is top 3 material.

Anyways I agree with the other poster. Your acknowledgement about goalie is extremely weak. Just the fact that you rather have Luongo over Price pretty much shows it.

Rosso Scuderia is online now  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:27 PM
  #799
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
You know other it happens to good goalie too. Rinne started a game and lets in 2 goals in the first two shots and got pulled right away. Yes, Rinne, the goalie that everyone agrees that he is top 3 material.

Anyways I agree with the other poster. Your acknowledgement about goalie is extremely weak. Just the fact that you rather have Luongo over Price pretty much shows it.
There is also his username which is a pretty solid indication that he is here just to troll. If he was here for an honest discussion he wouldn't be bringing up 3 goals on 4 shots and pretending that we somehow think that it is an acceptable performance. It obviously isn't.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:29 PM
  #800
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Luongo is better than Price. Unfornunatly luongo's contract destroy everything
His on ice play does that more than anything else.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.