HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Kobasew: Finest season ever for Lowell

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
2001-02 Lowell Lock Monsters AHL 76 33 37 70 90

Also, i'd have to say that this season by Jeff Heerema is the best Lowell performance of all time, due to the fact that he did it without a talent like Eric Staal on his line, even with the increased competition of all the fringe NHL players it doesn't add up to having a talent like Staal on your line.

Old
04-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Its threads like these which is why I hate all random trade talk.

Its damn good to have Chuckie produce like he did, he'll be looked upon for secondary scoring even more come next season (if there is an NHL) and hopefully he can net 15 goals, maybe even 20. He's progressing nicely after the dissapointing season scoring wise in 03/04.

Old
04-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Eb0la11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
Also, i'd have to say that this season by Jeff Heerema is the best Lowell performance of all time...
LOL are you kidding?

Did he even play?

Old
04-21-2005, 02:17 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb0la11
LOL are you kidding?

Did he even play?
he posted the stats, i dont get the question.

Old
04-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:

Also, i'd have to say that this season by Jeff Heerema is the best Lowell performance of all time, due to the fact that he did it without a talent like Eric Staal on his line, even with the increased competition of all the fringe NHL players it doesn't add up to having a talent like Staal on your line.
(Tom Rowe) When I saw [former Lock Monster] Jeff Heerema playing somewhat of a defensive game last year, I said there are miracles."

Ouch.

Obviously Heerema does not possess the overall game that Kobasew does. Coach Rowe wasn't talking the best statistical season, he was talking the best overall season by a player.

Old
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Vast Ant Dioi

Send a message via AIM to Vast Ant Dioi Send a message via MSN to Vast Ant Dioi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I'm not questioning his talent. But, the question is, would Kobasew have had as good of a season (stats and intangibles) if he did not have Staal on his line and if he was not on as good of a team? I'd be willing to bet that Tom Rowe would not have made that statement if Kobasew played on a mediocre team and didn't have such a great linemate.
I'm not getting your point. You're saying if Kobasew didn't have as good a season, he wouldn't have had as good a season? Or what? I'm sure you're not suggesting that Staal carried Kobasew because that's pretty ludicrous. If that were the case, Rowe would know better than anyone else and wouldn't make this comment.

Anyone who ever wins an NHL award doesn't do it alone. Look at the supporting cast St. Louis had to win the Hart and Art Ross. Would he have won them if he was on the Penguins without Lecavalier, Richards, Fedotenko, etc.? Nope. Doesn't mean he didn't win them and it doesn't at all take away from the effort it took to win them. The same applies for Rowe's praise of Kobasew. Speaking in hypotheticals is a waste of everybody's time.

Old
04-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
(Tom Rowe) When I saw [former Lock Monster] Jeff Heerema playing somewhat of a defensive game last year, I said there are miracles."

Ouch.

Obviously Heerema does not possess the overall game that Kobasew does. Coach Rowe wasn't talking the best statistical season, he was talking the best overall season by a player.
Well Heerema did play a pretty sound overall game that year, he wasn't a standout on defense by any stretch of the imagination but i'd say he was at least serviceable in his own end that year. He really looked like he had it all together at that point but it never really worked out.

Old
04-21-2005, 06:03 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanovski = Norris
I don't think Kobasew will be traded. He is the perfect Sutter player and can play on any of the four lines. His grit, physical play and leadership are intangibles other offensive players like Saprykin cannot match.

Calgary will have a strong one-two punch down the RW one day with Iginla and Kobasew and probably the strongest one-two-three in the league one day with Iginla - Kobasew - Donovan.
Hossa-Havlat-Alfredson.

Old
04-21-2005, 06:36 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
Hossa-Havlat-Alfredson.
But will Havlat remain a Senator or if he does, will be changed to LW?

Old
04-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I'm not questioning his talent. But, the question is, would Kobasew have had as good of a season (stats and intangibles) if he did not have Staal on his line and if he was not on as good of a team? I'd be willing to bet that Tom Rowe would not have made that statement if Kobasew played on a mediocre team and didn't have such a great linemate.
Well, without Staal, Kobasew did
  • Become player of the game for the WJC Gold Medel game vs Russia for Team Canada
  • Be MVP of the final four in the NCAA as a 17 year old

Old
04-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast Ant Dioi
Anyone who ever wins an NHL award doesn't do it alone.
Iggy, 2002. Art Ross and Maurice Richard, skating along side Craig Conroy and Dean McAmmond.

Old
04-22-2005, 12:44 AM
King_Brown

Phanuef is a rare talent, no way would be trade him for Eric Staal. They need to get Lombardi and Kobasew together to get chemistry there.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:42 AM
bleedgreen

i dont think anyone was actually suggesting that - someone was making a point about if the canes were actually going to trade staal to the flames, it would take more like dion than leopold. i dont think either team or its fans wants to do a dion/staal trade.

Old
04-22-2005, 03:12 AM
sunb

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Brown
Phanuef is a rare talent, no way would be trade him for Eric Staal. They need to get Lombardi and Kobasew together to get chemistry there.
And Staal isn't?

Old
04-22-2005, 03:22 AM
BIGCELLO

hey i am from germany .many general managers from del clubs scout in the ahl for new players, have anybody an idea from kobasew contracts lenght? sorry my english is bad..

Old
04-22-2005, 03:30 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCELLO
hey i am from germany .many general managers from del clubs scout in the ahl for new players, have anybody an idea from kobasew contracts lenght? sorry my english is bad..
no problem. i dont know about how long his contract is, but his nhl rights are owned by the calgary flames - if there is an nhl season next year he will be with them. i would think if there is no season he could possibly choose to go to europe like many players have. i wouldnt hold my breath though, he is appreciated by his pro team and i dont think they will let him stray far. welcome to the boards.

Old
04-22-2005, 05:48 AM
BIGCELLO

thx for the infos

Old
04-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Brown
Staal is also a rare talent.

Old
04-22-2005, 10:59 AM
BIGCELLO

hi how high is the salary in the ahl 90.000-180.000 $???baumgartner,slaney,perrin,vermette,forbes,la couture,whitfield e.t.c.thx

Old
04-22-2005, 11:16 AM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
hi how high is the salary in the ahl 90.000-180.000 $???baumgartner,slaney,perrin,vermette,forbes,la couture,whitfield e.t.c.thx
What

Old
04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
King_Brown

Staal is good, but Phanuef is just too sikk. I havent seen many players play to the ability he has. Great in his own zone, and take his man out, first pass out of the zone, excellent skating, rarley gets caught pinching up, he run the powerplay not only that but he dance on the blueline with the puck and still get off a better shot then most people off balance.

Old
04-22-2005, 12:45 PM
ryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanovski = Norris
And Staal isn't?
This isn't to get into a Phaneuf-Staal pissing match, but I think that if all 30 GMs were offered one or the other for nothing in return right now that more than half the GMs would choose Phaneuf. Of course, I could be way off base but i don't think so.

Either way there is a 0% chance of a Phaneuf for Staal trade going down. Both of them are great young prospects that I'm sure their respective organizations are more than happy about.

Old
04-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Sticky*

Quote:

And Staal and Heerema are first cousins

Old
04-23-2005, 11:50 PM
BIGCELLO

Quote:

What

sorry,i mean the contract lenght,and what the players earn pro year!!! its interesting, because again 5-6 players will come to Germany (del) i cant find a website with these details.i hope you undestand me

Closed Thread