HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

SinfulCobraZ's GM Game v2.0 [UPDATE: 12 Teams Open!]

Old
04-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Nyquist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
everyone knows it's not a gm game till someone rage quits
trufax

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:50 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
What pieces of trash will net a Gardiner?
I'm the Vancouver GM. I like my return, tbh. I think it is getting unfairly hated on. Literally NO ONE else asked about Luongo, and I cared so little I didn't ask others. I got my Cup. I'm happy for another year

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
I'm the Vancouver GM. I like my return, tbh. I think it is getting unfairly hated on. Literally NO ONE else asked about Luongo, and I cared so little I didn't ask others. I got my Cup. I'm happy for another year
this is the only cup you got

Old
04-15-2013, 12:00 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'll take Florida if I get to keep Kulikov and negotiate about him myself.
You can negotiate about Kulikov to WSH if thats what you mean. Kulikov will not be traded to any other team.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:00 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
I expected a much more witty response from you. I am disappoint.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:02 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
You can negotiate about Kulikov to WSH if thats what you mean. Kulikov will not be traded to any other team.
Hmmm...

That doesn't really seem fair, does it? He took advantage of a newbie GM and yet still gets his player? He's pretty much got me in a position to rip me off again, until it's close enough to not be veto'ed. I did nothing to deserve this - his own actions caused this, and yet somehow he's still getting the player.

Some faulty logic there, IMO.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:06 AM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
I expected a much more witty response from you. I am disappoint.
I have won the Cup with the Leafs twice now. I don't even care!

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Nyquist

Quote:
Hmmm...

That doesn't really seem fair, does it? He took advantage of a newbie GM and yet still gets his player? He's pretty much got me in a position to rip me off again, until it's close enough to not be veto'ed. I did nothing to deserve this - his own actions caused this, and yet somehow he's still getting the player.

I'm going to have to agree with LT, you can't just go around calling people ******s.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Morry83
14-90-91

Hey everyone! Stars GM here!

Wanted to update my trading block:

Everyone is available. Looking for young impact players, top prospects, and 1st round picks.

Message me with offers!

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:27 AM
The Produce Man
Master of Puppets

Vinny Lecavalier, Matt Carle and Ryan Malone OTB. Looking for a younger center/winger, but would consider a 'change of scenery' style trade.

The Produce Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
The point isn't that "i'm a newbie gm and he took advantage of me", it was my full intention to trade Kulikov for those picks, I suggested that trade and not him. I knew Florida didn't have a rats ass in trying to win the cup, and so it was my intention to be be able to laugh at the end and say 'sure I sucked this season, but jus imagine what a team Florida would have in the future!'. Because that's how I wanted to play the game, at least a little bit realistically. Having my trade vetoed (and had this game been realistic even a tiny bit, it would be a good trade) means I obviously can't rebuild/play the game the way I want to, and so there's no reason to stick around, sorry to say. I thought there would be more depth to the game and I was wrong, this is like my Be a GM profile on NHL 12 lol. If you guys wanna play like that, go ahead- but I don't. I get that it's a legit way of playing, but I just don't like it. Maybe I will stop by again, but I kind of doubt it lol. It wasn't a bad experience by any means but I'm not interested in it. Just want to stress that. I also should point out if you guys think that's a ragequit you haven't seen a real ragequit,

Oh and I recommend a package deal with johannson for kulikov, I think that's a decent that's a decent trade and I believe the start of the trade was something along those lines.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:54 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:
Hmmm...

My two cents: Deal should be completely vetoed. By making Florida only be allowed to trade him to Washington, you've tipped the scales all the way to the Caps favor. LT will have pretty much no negotiating power because there is no competition. DrJC could offer him the bare minimum, and if LT wanted to deal him for sure, it would be his only offer. All leverage has been given to the Capitals. But of course, keeping him is a realistic option, Kulikov is a good fit for both a rebuilder and a contender.

JayP812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:59 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
The point isn't that "i'm a newbie gm and he took advantage of me", it was my full intention to trade Kulikov for those picks, I suggested that trade and not him. I knew Florida didn't have a rats ass in trying to win the cup, and so it was my intention to be be able to laugh at the end and say 'sure I sucked this season, but jus imagine what a team Florida would have in the future!'. Because that's how I wanted to play the game, at least a little bit realistically. Having my trade vetoed (and had this game been realistic even a tiny bit, it would be a good trade) means I obviously can't rebuild/play the game the way I want to, and so there's no reason to stick around, sorry to say. I thought there would be more depth to the game and I was wrong, this is like my Be a GM profile on NHL 12 lol. If you guys wanna play like that, go ahead- but I don't. I get that it's a legit way of playing, but I just don't like it. Maybe I will stop by again, but I kind of doubt it lol. It wasn't a bad experience by any means but I'm not interested in it. Just want to stress that. I also should point out if you guys think that's a ragequit you haven't seen a real ragequit,

Oh and I recommend a package deal with johannson for kulikov, I think that's a decent that's a decent trade and I believe the start of the trade was something along those lines.
Dude, how much more indepth do you want the game to be? Theres a trade period, followed by voting through the playoffs (maybe thats a bit of a farce ) plus the KLLR Cup (for best rebuild) .... Then there's RFA and UFA signings plus a draft... if the deal was a 2013 1st plus a 2014 2nd Im sure nothing is said, as there is a single asset that works for you in this game. In real life yes, your trade works, but this is a Fantasy Draft... Say what you will, its quite fun to play along. Gets frustrating at times, but adds a little bit more realistic spin.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:14 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
My two cents: Deal should be completely vetoed. By making Florida only be allowed to trade him to Washington, you've tipped the scales all the way to the Caps favor. LT will have pretty much no negotiating power because there is no competition. DrJC could offer him the bare minimum, and if LT wanted to deal him for sure, it would be his only offer. All leverage has been given to the Capitals. But of course, keeping him is a realistic option, Kulikov is a good fit for both a rebuilder and a contender.
It's not so much that I want to trade him, but simply that you're seriously limiting one of my more valuable trading chips when I've done nothing to deserve this.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:59 AM
SoulAssassin

PIECES ARE MOVING!!

It took better part of the day to get this deal done, but final have all pieces confirmed. After a conference call with the league commish in regards to NTC, as part of the CBA, Columbus had the right to deny Gaborik his NTC when they picked him up, which they did. Commish SinfulCobraZ has confirmed this, letting the trade roll out.

Marian Gaborik
Artem Anisimov
Sergei Bobrovsky

Nail Yakupov
Sean Couturier
Nikolai Khabibulin
Tyler Pitlick

Old
04-15-2013, 02:12 AM
81snipe

We place Tim Connolly and Mike Komisarek on waivers.

81snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:14 AM
81snipe

Also still looking for a top 4 D, and/or top 6 winger.

81snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:20 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81snipe View Post

claim Connoly

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:46 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81snipe View Post

Claim Mike Komisarek

Old
04-15-2013, 03:47 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
claim Connoly
KLLR gonna be maaaaaaad...

JayP812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:41 AM
HankTheTankYoLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
PIECES ARE MOVING!!

It took better part of the day to get this deal done, but final have all pieces confirmed. After a conference call with the league commish in regards to NTC, as part of the CBA, Columbus had the right to deny Gaborik his NTC when they picked him up, which they did. Commish SinfulCobraZ has confirmed this, letting the trade roll out.

Marian Gaborik
Artem Anisimov
Sergei Bobrovsky

Nail Yakupov
Sean Couturier
Nikolai Khabibulin
Tyler Pitlick
confirm

HankTheTankYoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:54 AM
hlaverty06

Dan Paille is OTB, going for futures if you need a great 3rd/4th line tweener

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:43 AM
SoulAssassin

Prospal, Umberger, Letestu, Mackenzie, Calvert, Gillies, Comeau and possibly Foligno still all OTB.

Nikitin, Tyutin and Aucoin available on the back end.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Gaborikthebeast
THE CLAW

get Josh Bailey

get Daniel Winnik +WSH 3rd

Gaborikthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50

It feels like I am being portrayed as a bad guy in this.... I offered Johansson+2014 2nd for Kulikov, which seemed fair, and he offered Kulikov for 2014 1st and 2014 2nd, which is also decent value-wise, but it ended up being vetoed. But the thing I find strange is that 2014 picks are deemed useless in trades because we don't do a 2014 draft, but 2013 picks are still good... even though we don't do a draft for 2013 either. And for that matter, prospects are pretty much useless as well if they won't be in the NHL for 3-4 years. Of course, you could say they are good for rebuilders, but by using that logic, a 2014 pick would also be very helpful to a rebuild. I'll use one of my prospects for example. Evgeny Kuznetsov won't come to the NHL until 2014-2015, but i'm sure a rebuilding team would love to have him. However, a 2014 pick which could potentially be making an impact in the NHL sooner than Kuznetsov(if he doesn't come over in 2014), is deemed useless. Seems like faulty logic.

Again, I am not placing any blame on anybody. I just think the whole thing has been waaay overblown. But that's just me. **** Erat.

Last edited by Dr John Carlson: 04-15-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote