HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-1

Old
04-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Chooch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
It must be nice to constantly **** up in your job and not get fired. Right tambellini?

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:22 AM
OttawaOilers
Formerly JCF

On the bright side that Kale Kessy trade isn't looking to bad. Kessy's lighting it up with Kamloops in the playoffs, he has played 10 playoff games this year and has 11 goals and 2 assists! A playoff point per game player, and a goal per game player for that matter!

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/680

OttawaOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:30 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
On the bright side that Kale Kessy trade isn't looking to bad. Kessy's lighting it up with Kamloops in the playoffs, he has played 10 playoff games this year and has 11 goals and 2 assists! A playoff point per game player, and a goal per game player for that matter!

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/680
He's 20. Watch him make the team in the fall based on the fact that he's a big body with a modicum of skill. Tambellini will sell him as the solution to the size issues on the top two lines.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:30 AM
McPuritania
Kassian for Mayor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
On the bright side, all the ridiculous Hall haters managed to get the thread locked
Definitely for the best. That thread was disgusting.

McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:31 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Next years slogan #herecometheoilersforreal
#HereComeTheOilersMaybe?

Old
04-11-2013, 02:34 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
He's 20. Watch him make the team in the fall based on the fact that he's a big body with a modicum of skill. Tambellini will sell him as the solution to the size issues on the top two lines.
He's actually older than our first line centre. Let that sink in a bit. Yet our org. thinks it's fine to put our success on the shoulders of a teen with no vets who can score to help him out.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:35 AM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Frei!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Yep. The usual suspects were on full attack tonight. There's just no reasoning with some people

04-11-2013, 02:36 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Yep. The usual suspects were on full attack tonight. There's just no reasoning with some people
LOL, epic pic.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:36 AM
McPoolParty
Jesse P for Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Mostly wild fans who are ******** about the Clutterbuck incident.

McPoolParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:37 AM
shoop

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Smyth, do yourself and all of us a favour and retire so your spot can be opened up for another useless player who will replace you. Thank you for all you've for this organization, but it's time to retire and take your place in the press box as a pro scout or something.
This.

It isn't just that Smyth can't play a full game at NHL pace anymore. He couldn't play a full game at AHL speed either.

He was playing at an oldtimers level of play for major portions of this game. It was just sad. There is no way that he should play for this team next year.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:40 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
This.

It isn't just that Smyth can't play a full game at NHL pace anymore. He couldn't play a full game at AHL speed either.

He was playing at an oldtimers level of play for major portions of this game. It was just sad. There is no way that he should play for this team next year.
If he really wanted to do what's best for the team, if he TRULY cares, he'll retire, or atleast accept a demotion to play in the AHL and show a bit of leadership to the few good prospects we have down there--not that I think he's a great leader or has great leadership traits, but it probably couldn't hurt.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:41 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
#HereComeTheOilersMaybe?
i'm actually curious what they'll come up with next year #herecometheoilers has to be the worst idea ever, i guess they thought we were going to make some noise this season

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:42 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Really what I think it comes down to is this team simply isn't good enough to make the playoffs right now while absorbing poor seasons from Nugent Hopkins and Eberle.

If those two played like last year, the Oilers are in the playoffs this year IMO. But they haven't, and we're sitting just on the outside.
this isnt the issue, for me at least. i dont have concern we miss the playoffs. my issue is the boring system we cant play and poor coaching. when we are outcoached every night --even when we win--- that is pathetic.

Finally I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. The teams of the 90s sucked but they entertained me. ENTERTAINMENT IS THE BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:44 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
He's actually older than our first line centre. Let that sink in a bit. Yet our org. thinks it's fine to put our success on the shoulders of a teen with no vets who can score to help him out.
Yeah. It's insane. The only one of the skilled kids that I'm a little concerned about is Jordan Eberle. It's quite clear that their supporting cast isn't good enough. Case in point, Nail Yakupov playing his heart out tonight, desperately trying to make something happen while Smyth and Horcoff just... stand there watching him.

John MacKinnon wrote a "The roster needs an overhaul - The kids need a better supporting cast" column tonight.... a week after praising Tambellini for standing pat at the deadline. These goofs need to start calling Tambellini out on his failings. Robin Brownlee was especially vicious on Twitter tonight but he's a glorified blogger now.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:45 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
i'm actually curious what they'll come up with next year #herecometheoilers has to be the worst idea ever, i guess they thought we were going to make some noise this season
Twitter is biting some sports teams in the butt. I've been laughing at the Blue Jays' slogan #LoveThisTeam.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:48 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
this isnt the issue, for me at least. i dont have concern we miss the playoffs. my issue is the boring system we cant play and poor coaching. when we are outcoached every night --even when we win--- that is pathetic.

Finally I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. The teams of the 90s sucked but they entertained me. ENTERTAINMENT IS THE BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!
Well, 1993 to early 1996. From 1996 to the early 00's the team was entertaining and they were damn good despite their lack of skill (outside of Weight). I loved watching them battle.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:48 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
He also had no idea what he had in Hedja until it was far too late.

Didn't have a clue how to use Peca for most of 05/06 season.

Mact was a mediocre coach with more blind spots than virtues, and if he was a good coach because of 06, then Lowe is a good GM for the same reason.

They're both terrible, and attached at the hip to boot.
Hejda was still fresh and hadnt finished developing. he knew exactly what he would be.
Peca was used right but Lowe billed him as the teams top centre with "30 goal potential. he did it in junior...". Once MacT showed Horc and Stoll were still the 1, 2 Cs Peca went where he should have been. I thought it asinine that people thought Peca was a regular season goal scorer. All my buddies and i laughed at those worms. Peca is a playoff scorer. Anyone who knows hockey saw that. Anyone who knows hockey laughed uncontrollably while Lowe said they had a legit top centre in Peca. Peca was the best checking Centre in the league to many people. Lowe is a waste of oxygen.A slight compounding issue in the regular season was the rule changes which affected checkers and dmen. They had to break habits they had been using for their entire lives.

The game changed overnight and everyone had to adjust. But from january til the end of the season the Oilers were doing brilliant with shoddy goaltending. Even rolli looked flat until his last 3 or 4 reg season games with the oil.

but yeah Peca was exactly what he was and Lowe should have never opened his mouth. I also dont believe for a second that MacT didnt know Hejda would be a solid Defeensive Dman. Cant keep 20 defenceman. Snap back to reality.

Last edited by oilinblood: 04-11-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old
04-11-2013, 02:52 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Well, 1993 to early 1996. From 1996 to the early 00's the team was entertaining and they were damn good despite their lack of skill (outside of Weight). I loved watching them battle.
i actually think 95-96 was the most exciting hockey in oilers history. the games were always intense and once eliminated they kept beating up teams and trying to win.

I never thought id say this but i miss ron low. Sather is obviously missed.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:59 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Yeah. It's insane. The only one of the skilled kids that I'm a little concerned about is Jordan Eberle. It's quite clear that their supporting cast isn't good enough. Case in point, Nail Yakupov playing his heart out tonight, desperately trying to make something happen while Smyth and Horcoff just... stand there watching him.

John MacKinnon wrote a "The roster needs an overhaul - The kids need a better supporting cast" column tonight.... a week after praising Tambellini for standing pat at the deadline. These goofs need to start calling Tambellini out on his failings. Robin Brownlee was especially vicious on Twitter tonight but he's a glorified blogger now.
i dont mind standing pat if know no one wanted our players and we were on a 5 game win streak. is there a market for the guys we want gone? i dont think so. i dont want to kill morale for late picks either.

i dont like 20% of the roster but i wouldnt dish them out for 5th round picks either when the kids like the guys. I think the kids will now see why we will do a house cleaning. If we dont than i see some trade requests coming from the young guys. this team stinks.

We also obviously need to play Ryan Smyth more

If i was smyths centre id stand and watch yakupov too because i know smyth isnt backchecking...if he is he is likely going to just slash the guy and put me on a pk.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Obviously these people never watched messier or anderson ever, even once. It's well past time this team started dishing it out. If every player on the oilers actually did that a few times we wouldn't be bullied every game.
Agreed 100% - opponents used to give Anderson room because if they tried to squeeze him against the boards - they got their bell rung as Anderson flipped his stick over their head accidentally hitting their helmet along the way. Never a penalty called...

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:03 AM
ItsHemmerTime

And here I thought home ice advantage would benefit us.....what a lacklustre effort....brutal. I still have some hope...but, its dwindling fast.

ItsHemmerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:08 AM
shoop

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
If he really wanted to do what's best for the team, if he TRULY cares, he'll retire, or atleast accept a demotion to play in the AHL and show a bit of leadership to the few good prospects we have down there--not that I think he's a great leader or has great leadership traits, but it probably couldn't hurt.
Put him on LTIR and let him fade away like Pronger.
Medical condition? Chronic oldness.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:11 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
i dont mind standing pat if know no one wanted our players and we were on a 5 game win streak. is there a market for the guys we want gone? i dont think so. i dont want to kill morale for late picks either.

i dont like 20% of the roster but i wouldnt dish them out for 5th round picks either when the kids like the guys. I think the kids will now see why we will do a house cleaning. If we dont than i see some trade requests coming from the young guys. this team stinks.

We also obviously need to play Ryan Smyth more

If i was smyths centre id stand and watch yakupov too because i know smyth isnt backchecking...if he is he is likely going to just slash the guy and put me on a pk.
If nothing else this lousy finish to the season has me really curious to see how the Oilers are going to attack the off-season. Doing absolutely nothing outside of calling a players' name on draft day isn't going to cut it.

Old
Chef10

i did not see the game but i have to say those 2 goals from Dubnyk wow weak is a understatement, and those are goals that kill ur confidence! how does that first one go in?

Chef10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
plikestechno

I'm just stunned. You win 5 in a row, the organization supports you by not breaking up the team and then this team just proceeds to lay eggs four straight. The last two were the most frustrating as you're just waiting for one more goal that could lead to a win but it never comes.

Thought for sure we'd win one against van, la or Ana and then we had to beat Phoenix. Instead we just drop four straight with no loser points. The loser culture is so terrible with this team and this is just another chapter.

Just stunned, not even mad or sad anymore, just stunned.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote