HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-1

Old
04-10-2013, 11:56 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downward dog View Post
I would like to see Hall lead like other great captains and drop the gloves when frustrated. Reckless stick swinging achieves nothing.
I don't we can't afford to lose him for 5 minutes, let alone 5 and a game for instigating. We need a guy like Colton Orr whos a little bit crazy and can go toe to toe with anyone.

RaabHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Tarus
FireChia#

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I don't we can't afford to lose him for 5 minutes, let alone 5 and a game for instigating. We need a guy like Colton Orr whos a little bit crazy and can go toe to toe with anyone.
Problem is, Colten Orr doesn't see the ice for the final 10 minutes of a game like this.

They need guys that are a little crazy, but can actually can play hockey.

Last edited by Tarus: 04-11-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
This isn't an autopsy. These are the fossilized remains of a once proud and successful professional hockey organization.
The league fans know the Edmonton history... a great one...

What we don't understand is why a storied franchise is bogged down in local hockey politics.. get rid of the old guard and bring in folks (management) from around the world.. just sayin.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:05 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
I was 22. I'm 29 now... and I'll be 30 in September. The Oilers have basically pissed on an entire generation of fans. My biggest fear is that my dad is getting older (he's in his 60's) and we've never been to an Oilers playoff game together. I'd really like to take him to one...
honestly... to me the only person who deserves to stay in the organization is the one that took the fall for management incompetence to begin with.

Id like to see MacT kept. great at player evaluation. worked with crappy teams and got them into playoffs, worked with a great team and rolled them through some of the best coaches and teams in the league. I dont think coaching is in him anymore but evaluating a players true place in a NHL game is pretty strong in him. Pro scout or Player Development man.
Fire-- everyonelse.

Its time for myself and others to evaluate if this team is actually pleasing me. I like some of the players...but honestly its a boring team to watch (surprising considering you could go all out with this squad and run the highlites every night) and its an entertainment industry.

Frankly who cares about this team. They put me to sleep. I turn it to the bruins now. They arent the best team in the league but they try hard and im awake and pumped throughout.

Call me a wagon jumper but honestly i was never on a wagon... i was on a long term space shuttle trip to pluto and i was willing to deal with it while the tevo worked and my robot friends ran with solar energy but now im too far from the sun and alone; robots are drained and tevo no reception other than reruns of I Love Lucy off the antenna, soooo im gonna bail and hook up with those uranus chicks because THEY know how to entertain.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Slicknitty
:[🍕]

vCash: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

What we don't understand is why a storied franchise is bogged down in local hockey politics.. get rid of the old guard and bring in folks (management) from around the world.. just sayin.
Our team's owner might be just greedy enough to see the wisdom in your words. All that playoff loot he's missing out on. Must be keeping him up nights.

Slicknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:06 AM
oilers27

wonder what was the verbal exchange like between yakupov and yandle on the penalty box, there should be a mic right there

oilers27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:09 AM
McPuritania
LucicDestroyedHaley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Oh please. The Coyotes have no super stars but they are not undisciplined. If you had a good GM and coach you would not be in this situation.
I've never seen a team lose their cool more than those guys. All they ever do is **** their pants. You going to tell me Morris attacking Whitney after the game was over and Doan crosschecking Horcoff in the back isn't losing their cool? Or how about Smith going mental if anyone so much as farts around him? Give me a break.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-11-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: playing mod
McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:09 AM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
We don't suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Look at the replay, it was a intentional two hander. He may be suspended, no, he should be suspended.
There's a big difference between just winding up and slashing a guy, and someone holding your stick, and trying to get them to let go and slashing from where the guy has your stick. Penalty? yes. Suspension? Don't make me laugh

04-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
honestly... to me the only person who deserves to stay in the organization is the one that took the fall for management incompetence to begin with.

Id like to see MacT kept.
great at player evaluation. worked with crappy teams and got them into playoffs, worked with a great team and rolled them through some of the best coaches and teams in the league. I dont think coaching is in him anymore but evaluating a players true place in a NHL game is pretty strong in him. Pro scout or Player Development man.
Fire-- everyonelse.

Its time for myself and others to evaluate if this team is actually pleasing me. I like some of the players...but honestly its a boring team to watch (surprising considering you could go all out with this squad and run the highlites every night) and its an entertainment industry.

Frankly who cares about this team. They put me to sleep. I turn it to the bruins now. They arent the best team in the league but they try hard and im awake and pumped throughout.

Call me a wagon jumper but honestly i was never on a wagon... i was on a long term space shuttle trip to pluto and i was willing to deal with it while the tevo worked and my robot friends ran with solar energy but now im too far from the sun and alone and im gonna bail and hook up with those uranus chicks.
That's actually a really good point there. Fans were frustrated with MacT for the longest time but really, besides 2006, what did he ever have to work with? Those teams under him really overachieved and we, the fans, strung him up and placed all of the blame on him. Our anger should have been directed higher up.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:11 AM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Problem is, Colten Orr doesn't see the ice for the final 10 minutes of a game like this.

They need guys that are a little crazy, but can actually can play hockey.
Thats why he's perfect, throw him out there to go after someone and tell him to take the instigator if he has to. It wouldn't matter if we lost someone like that for the rest of the game. You think Hanzal boards Hall if he just had his ass handed to him for even looking at him.

RaabHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Beerfish

lol people giving hall heck for that. Obviously these people never watched messier or anderson ever, even once. It's well past time this team started dishing it out. If every player on the oilers actually did that a few times we wouldn't be bullied every game. We have some very soft fans to go along with a very soft team.

As for this thread. The usual 'we are bad bluster' that will be forgotten after a win or two late in the year.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:12 AM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Disappointed.

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknitty View Post
Our team's owner might be just greedy enough to see the wisdom in your words. All that playoff loot he's missing out on. Must be keeping him up nights.
The playoffs are worth around one million per game to the organizations overall... (both)... A win for the organization and fans too...

The fans have more power than they know if they can organize... I'd say, if the Oil don't make the playoffs next season you all should storm the streets of Edmonton... imo, enough is enough.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

History is just that... history. I really appreciate and cherish the history of the team but like I said on the main board I kind of hate the Edmonton Oilers right now... and that's crappy for me because I can't cheer for any other NHL team. Thank goodness for junior hockey.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:14 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
At least the org. will have another high draft pick to pump up, and sell tons of jerseys.

$$$ baby

KarmaPolice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:16 AM
CantHaveTkachev
no joke of a team

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
he's sleeping like a baby

city council passed a vote for provincial money to be used for the Arena

doesn't give 2 squirts about the failing franchise he's gonna put into his Arena

CantHaveTkachev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
lol people giving hall heck for that. Obviously these people never watched messier or anderson ever, even once. It's well past time this team started dishing it out. If every player on the oilers actually did that a few times we wouldn't be bullied every game. We have some very soft fans to go along with a very soft team.

As for this thread. The usual 'we are bad bluster' that will be forgotten after a win or two late in the year.
I'm glad Hall did that and it did remind me of Messier. We need a hell of a lot more of that on this team.

Expatriate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Gobo
Stop looking Gare

The last 6 years have drained a lot of my fandom out of me.

Haven't watched a full game in a while at this point.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:18 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
That's actually a really good point there. Fans were frustrated with MacT for the longest time but really, besides 2006, what did he ever have to work with? Those teams under him really overachieved and we, the fans, strung him up and placed all of the blame on him. Our anger should have been directed higher up.
i think alot of it was unpopular decisions. He didnt think comrie was as talented as billed but knew we had little options. schremp etc. we had alot of people that bought the sun and the journal ...read the homerism hype and thought they knew more than the guy with 4 cup rings and decades of NHL experience.

eventually people just get used to the most visible common denominator

Old
04-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
At least the org. will have another high draft pick to pump up, and sell tons of jerseys.

$$$ baby
Luv you folks... the passion...

New rule, no NHL team can draft #1 overall four times in a row!!!

JHC... if I was a Edmonton diehard .... I may have been a part of the starting protesters there too!

Last edited by Robert: 04-11-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old
04-11-2013, 12:19 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

They better intend on bringing in some vets that are worth a damn. Atleast one for the top 6, one for the bottom 6, and another legit top 4 dman. Even if Klefbom comes in and plays like Lidstrom we'll still those pieces. These kids aren't ready to shoulder all of the pressure and put the team on their back when the chips are down. And given their incredibly young ages, they really shouldn't be expected to. One year isn't going to change this. If management doesn't realize this, next season is going to be another long one.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:21 AM
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!

Sigh, maybe next year

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:22 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

i agree. i would have mentioned this if i had bothered to care about the team anymore. but you are 100% correct

Old
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
he's sleeping like a baby

city council passed a vote for provincial money to be used for the Arena

doesn't give 2 squirts about the failing franchise he's gonna put into his Arena
Then that's a problem. You look at the teams that have been a big threat year after year (Detroit, Chicago, Boston, etc.); they have ownership that is very dedicated in winning, and are very proactive in seeing that whatever needs to be done is done--especially when it comes to having the right management in place.

Anyone still have a lot of faith in our management? Is there any reason we should?

Old
jughead42*

Alright Edmonton fans, I'm a Windsor Spitfire fan and I'm concerned about the future of one of our truly best alumni, Taylor Hall. When is your team going to get with the program? Toronto's young players are thriving because they have guys willing to fight anyone sprinkled through the lineup to ensure they are safe. Quit ******* around, get yourselves some real muscle that can contribute and let these kids play with a bit more room. In Windsor, if you touched Taylor Hall you had Richard Greenop, OHL heavyweight champ to deal with. If he didn't get you, Lane McDermid sure as hell did. The reason Hall is doing this cheap crap is because he's taking cheap crap from opponents as a star player. He's frustrated obviously. Do something about it Edmonton, it's not difficult. Toronto grabbed Fraser Maclaren off waivers. There's plenty of muscle out there who can play a bit, and would love having that job. End of rant.

jughead42* is offline   Reply With Quote