Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanguay packing it in?

Old
04-10-2013, 11:19 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 500
Tanguay packing it in?

I can't remember a player packing it in as much as Tanguay is. Guy is playing pathetic hockey right now.

Really wish Feaster had gotten rid of him.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:22 PM
JurassicTunga
Monadrone

He wants the 1st overall pick

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:23 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 170
I don't know if hes intentionally packing it in or if he's just mentally fragile.. He's always seemed very fragile, when he's hot, he's killing it, when he's not, he's hot garbage. I think this season, the Iggy trade and the general ****** position the team is in, has broken him.. He just doesn't play with any confidence or jump.

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Volica
Southern AB Dandy

vCash: 790
His career was looking to be shot in 2010. He gets picked up by the Flames for some scraps, rejuvenates, signs a good deal... Then things start falling apart big time around him.

I don't know if I could give it 100% every night tbh. Especially when my team's playing for first overall, my buddy's been traded, there's no clear indication which of first three lines are actually the first line. You can play your heart out and still get rolled by 3-4 goals...

It's hard. But also he is a professional and should be working his ass off. Dunno, he played well earlier this year, I think he just knows what's happening around him.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:46 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
He had a bad game tonight but was good the other night #overreaction

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

It's hard to say with Tanguay.

This is a player that was identified as one who would sob in his stall after losses. He requested a trade from the Flames because he never liked the coach. Some believe (the Habs believed it) that he quit on Montreal by claiming to be injured more than he really was. He also quit on the Lightning because of the situation there.

These are among the many reasons I don't want him to even have an 'A' on his jersey, and especially not the 'C' next year. I am not even sure if I would want him around during a rebuild for those very reasons.

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:01 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
It's hard to say with Tanguay.

This is a player that was identified as one who would sob in his stall after losses. He requested a trade from the Flames because he never liked the coach. He quit on the Lightning because of the situation there.

These are among the many reasons I don't want him to even have an 'A' on his jersey, and especially not the 'C' next year. I am not even sure if I would want him around during a rebuild for those very reasons.
He admitted he packed it in in Tampa after being misused and said he regrets how it went down. He has sulked before but both times when he was asked to play a style of game he isn't good at. Right now Hartley is still using him as an offensive pass first player I can't see him being upset.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
He admitted he packed it in in Tampa after being misused and said he regrets how it went down. He has sulked before but both times when he was asked to play a style of game he isn't good at. Right now Hartley is still using him as an offensive pass first player I can't see him being upset.
I also added 1 more thing after. I don't think it will change your response, nor should it since it's hearsay.

Also I won't disagree with you, but I am just saying I wouldn't be shocked for a second if he did want out.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:07 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I also added 1 more thing after. I don't think it will change your response, nor should it since it's hearsay.

Also I won't disagree with you, but I am just saying I wouldn't be shocked for a second if he did want out.
Yea it is hearsay, Tanguay was asked to play a physical game and was taken off Iginla's line his second year here he isn't built to play that style and he asked to be moved because of it. I have no problems with it Kenan should have been able to utilize his skill set not force the issue. He was a great player for Montreal but couldn't stay healthy. In Tampa he was asked to play as a shooter and he didn't like it he should have manned up and basically owned up to that later after he signed with us.

Tanguay loves to play for Hartley (he tried to get him to coach in Montreal) and with this team apparently trying to make a playoff team next year and top line pass first player that can pk isn't going to be tossed aside.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Yea it is hearsay, Tanguay was asked to play a physical game and was taken off Iginla's line his second year here he isn't built to play that style and he asked to be moved because of it. I have no problems with it Kenan should have been able to utilize his skill set not force the issue. He was a great player for Montreal but couldn't stay healthy. In Tampa he was asked to play as a shooter and he didn't like it he should have manned up and basically owned up to that later after he signed with us.

Tanguay loves to play for Hartley (he tried to get him to coach in Montreal) and with this team apparently trying to make a playoff team next year and top line pass first player that can pk isn't going to be tossed aside.
He is also getting older and I think we can agree is a bit high maintenance. Him asking to leave should be no shock to anyone. I am not saying he will, just that it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:19 AM
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s

I'm sure Feaster will figure out exactly what Tangs wants at season-end interviews.

If he doesn't want to be here, Feaster won't want him here. He will be shipped out. If he does, I could see him providing good vet leadership.

The Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Volica
Southern AB Dandy

vCash: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I'm sure Feaster will figure out exactly what Tangs wants at season-end interviews.
If he doesn't want to be here, Feaster won't want him here. He will be shipped out. If he does, I could see him providing good vet leadership.
He can be a good example for the skill guys, definitely.
I think Feaster will meet with all the vets and get a sense of where everyone's at. I know some guys probably won't want to be bottom feeders another year. Guys like Tanguay can be quite a nice little package. He's on track for over 55 points in an 82 game season, on an incredibly weak team. At 3.5, for another 3 season; that's a great deal.

I see Jersey being a good fit. His salary is really manageable for a team that always has problems with money, he adds more skill, a decent two way game that any Jersey fan could applaud. Jersey's also got a nice set of high end defense prospects that I wouldn't mind seeing (one) in Calgary red.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:47 AM
HighLifeMan

I have never liked the person, but at times have enjoyed the player.
To me he is the epitome of what is/has been wrong with this team for the last five years. He is incredibly inconsistent in his efforts, and quite honestly gives off the impression that he is content with where he is at in his career, and where the Flames stand today.

He would have been the first player I would have moved out assuming there is any type of market for him.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Anglesmith
Global Moderator
Y'no like wadda guy

vCash: 3000
The guy scored two goals in the previous two games before this, and we jump on him for the one bad game that follows? I think that Tanguay has another gear which he isn't hitting, but I wouldn't say he is packing it in.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:52 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wflames View Post
The guy scored two goals in the previous two games before this, and we jump on him for the one bad game that follows? I think that Tanguay has another gear which he isn't hitting, but I wouldn't say he is packing it in.
hardly anyone is jumping on him. But Tanguay has alot of games where he looks disinterested and that is a problem. No one expects a goal a game or hell even a point a game out of him, but we want to see a consistent effort.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Scoring doesn't mean he is necessarily playing good. He is basically unnoticeable when he isn't scoring. He has been pretty average since the big trades.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:43 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
He looked like hot garbage in the Colorado game as well.

Just because he got a goal doesnt mean he was playing great.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:12 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 81
I don't think he is packing it in, I think he has completely lost confidence though.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Sean Monahan
JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED

Probably wants none of this rebuild which is fine

with his contract and his ability im sure we can get something decent for Tangs, seeya

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Probably wants none of this rebuild which is fine

with his contract and his ability im sure we can get something decent for Tangs, seeya
If he keeps playing like this I see him being moved at the draft. Possibly with one of our 1sts to move up, or for some young guys.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Flamester

i think he isnt giving his all anymore. i mean think about it other thern the young guys coming in, no one in this team has anything to prove. they are just playing for pride, which inst enough to motivate him. He said he wants to stay in Calgary, so i wouldnt be surprised if he is isnt trying so the flames could get a better pick at the draft.

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
i think he isnt giving his all anymore. i mean think about it other thern the young guys coming in, no one in this team has anything to prove. they are just playing for pride, which inst enough to motivate him. He said he wants to stay in Calgary, so i wouldnt be surprised if he is isnt trying so the flames could get a better pick at the draft.
I doubt he cares about the draft pick, but he does seem to enjoy the city and has said he wants to be part of the solution. He may be taking it easy the rest of the way because as you said he has nothing to prove nor is he playing for a spot on the team. I know we want them to give 100% but this season must be pretty demoralizing on guys like Tangs,Cammy,Gio who were all good friends with Iggy and legitimately thought they had a playoff team.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Shawnofthedeadz

I think Tanguay has been pretty terrible all season. The amount of turn overs he dishes out is unbelievable. Yes, he makes a pretty pass once in a while but it is not worth giving up the puck three times before that. Personally, I feel we should trade him at the draft if we can for a pick or two. Maybe a second if we can?

Shawnofthedeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnofthedeadz View Post
I think Tanguay has been pretty terrible all season. The amount of turn overs he dishes out is unbelievable. Yes, he makes a pretty pass once in a while but it is not worth giving up the puck three times before that. Personally, I feel we should trade him at the draft if we can for a pick or two. Maybe a second if we can?
He has 33 turnovers that isn't even a turn over a game. Wideman is only 1 behind him and no one is crying foul with him. Turnovers happen to pass first players.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
He has 33 turnovers that isn't even a turn over a game. Wideman is only 1 behind him and no one is crying foul with him. Turnovers happen to pass first players.
That breakaway last night is the prime example of a Tanguay turnover.

Dude is absolutely lazy.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote