HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Lounge #118: #BostonStrong

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 01:45 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Wear my Kessel jersey to my exam tomorrow? Sure, why not.
Wore my Leafs hoodie to school last friday, got called a bandwagoner so many times, like **** off

Old
04-14-2013, 01:48 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I need to get a jersey. Thinking I will get one of the winter classic ones. Not sure who to get. Quite possible a Paneuf/Kessel if they are extended in the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I'm buying the Winter Classic one. It looks great.
Yeah same here, I've wanted a Kadri jersey for the longest time so I'll probably get a WC Kadri jersey.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:54 AM
JMcLeaf
Unregistered User

vCash: 3290

Old
04-14-2013, 03:30 AM
Kyle93*
LL4Life

vCash: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post

Hahaha I just literally ship my pants.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:47 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 500
Quote:

Old
04-14-2013, 04:22 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
Wore my Leafs hoodie to school last friday, got called a bandwagoner so many times, like **** off
I sport my Leafs merchandise about three days/week. Needless to say, nobody here in Prague cares. Except for one guy who's Canadian, was born in Ontario, and happens to cheer for BOTH Leafs and Habs. Don't ask me how.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:06 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

ROFLOLLL!

04-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Kyle93*
LL4Life

vCash: 1255
Well, just finished Death Note LR and Dangles. Amazing freaking show, I can't believe at all the things that happened. LR you really should finish watching it or reading the manga. Anyways talk to you all when I wake up. Laterzzzzzzzz.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:48 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

I've watched the two Death Note live action movies, really good.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:18 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

No one own golf clubs here, I thought there would be more Masters talk.

I am hoping for Tiger, not that I am a fan, but it would make for great drama if he was in the hunt when he hits Amen corner.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Epictetus
Create yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
No one own golf clubs here, I thought there would be more Masters talk.

I am hoping for Tiger, not that I am a fan, but it would make for great drama if he was in the hunt when he hits Amen corner.
Tiger will definitely get a huge following today, but I do not think he should even be in the tournament at this point. They seemed to really give him some kind of exception status on the incorrect score card. And I am a fan of his -- I respect his achievements in the sport.

But you're right, not many posters here discuss golf. If you want discussion, check out this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1400511

Personally, I am cheering for one of the Australians. Perhaps a slight edge to Adam Scott.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:42 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Tiger will definitely get a huge following today, but I do not think he should even be in the tournament at this point. They seemed to really give him some kind of exception status on the incorrect score card. And I am a fan of his -- I respect his achievements in the sport.

But you're right, not many posters here discuss golf. If you want discussion, check out this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1400511

Personally, I am cheering for one of the Australians. Perhaps a slight edge to Adam Scott.
I saw that drop, I don't think he was trying to gain an advantage. Hard to say either way.

I'm sure if he wins, this will be a pretty big point of contention. I heard Leggatt on TV today, and he said no golfer would knowingly cheat, and that the Master committee would never give preferential treatment even for Tiger. I agree the Masters is bigger than anyone player. I just love watching the back 9 on Sunday.

It's a fantastic sporting event.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
I'm losing my match up to Gunner this week all because Vokoun played 1 game... ****.

I only heard about the Tiger thing, haven't really looked into it. From my understanding he asked an official if he could drop the ball 2 yards further back and was told he could. To me the 2 stroke penalty seemed harsh if he was indeed told he could in the first place. I don't see why people think he should be disqualified if he was told he could.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Epictetus
Create yourself.

Quote:
I only heard about the Tiger thing, haven't really looked into it. From my understanding he asked an official if he could drop the ball 2 yards further back and was told he could. To me the 2 stroke penalty seemed harsh if he was indeed told he could in the first place. I don't see why people think he should be disqualified if he was told he could.
I don't think he asked if he could drop the ball 2 yards further back. At least, from everything I have read, that's not what happened.

Basically it went down like this:

1) Tiger Woods hit the ball into the water.
2) As a result, he had to replay the ball.
3) The rule says the player must drop the ball as close as possible to where the original shot took place.
4) Tiger Woods dropped the ball 2 yards back from the original spot.
5) At the time, nobody noticed or said anything.
6) During the on-going play of golf, a television viewer phoned in, and reported what Tiger Woods had done -- the ball was 2 yards further back from the original spot.
7) The tournament review panel looked at, and under one of the rules, said that they could not do anything since they need proof that the player was mentally aware of what he was doing (i.e., placing the ball in the incorrect spot). They said Tiger Woods was probably unaware. So at the time, they dismissed the claim.
8) However, later on, after the round, in an interview, Tiger Woods says that he meant to place the ball 2 yards back.
9) Therefore, Tiger Woods actually violated the rule.
10) Since he knowingly did this, he also knowingly signed an incorrect score card, meaning he did not play the round according to the golf rules (but signed anyway).
11) Historically, this results in an automatic disqualification.
12) But, in the end, Tiger Woods received a 2 stroke penalty and not disqualification.
13) Other golfers on Twitter are pretty pissed. Most in the media think that this is because of his status and that golf needs him for the ratings.

Can you imagine the controversy now, if he wins? Lol.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I don't think he asked if he could drop the ball 2 yards further back. At least, from everything I have read, that's not what happened.

Basically it went down like this:

1) Tiger Woods hit the ball into the water.
2) As a result, he had to replay the ball.
3) The rule says the player must drop the ball as close as possible to where the original shot took place.
4) Tiger Woods dropped the ball 2 yards back from the original spot.
5) At the time, nobody noticed or said anything.
6) During the on-going play of golf, a television viewer phoned in, and reported what Tiger Woods had done -- the ball was 2 yards further back from the original spot.
7) The tournament review panel looked at, and under one of the rules, said that they could not do anything since they need proof that the player was mentally aware of what he was doing (i.e., placing the ball in the incorrect spot). They said Tiger Woods was probably unaware. So at the time, they dismissed the claim.
8) However, later on, after the round, in an interview, Tiger Woods says that he meant to place the ball 2 yards back.
9) Therefore, Tiger Woods actually violated the rule.
10) Since he knowingly did this, he also knowingly signed an incorrect score card, meaning he did not play the round according to the golf rules (but signed anyway).
11) Historically, this results in an automatic disqualification.
12) But, in the end, Tiger Woods received a 2 stroke penalty and not disqualification.
13) Other golfers on Twitter are pretty pissed. Most in the media think that this is because of his status and that golf needs him for the ratings.

Can you imagine the controversy now, if he wins? Lol.
Oh okay, didn't know that. Does it change anything since its a TV viewer phoning in? Like it not like an official noticed it. Is that maybe why he didn't get disqualified? And I don't think he will win, too far back.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:30 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

I know nothing about golf but always see the highlights in te morning on sportscentre. It actually seems interesting. I want to play it and test out my luck lol

Old
04-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
I know nothing about golf but always see the highlights in te morning on sportscentre. It actually seems interesting. I want to play it and test out my luck lol
If you are going to rely on luck, you won't do well I would maybe recommend trying a pitch and putt instead. The difference with it and golf is the much shorter holes making it a lot easier for beginners. Much bigger than mini golf, smaller than actual golf, just right

Old
04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

Quote:
If you are going to rely on luck, you won't do well I would maybe recommend trying a pitch and putt instead. The difference with it and golf is the much shorter holes making it a lot easier for beginners. Much bigger than mini golf, smaller than actual golf, just right
Wish I knew that existed. Again, went my first time last summer and I was brutal . Lots of fun, though.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Wish I knew that existed. Again, went my first time last summer and I was brutal . Lots of fun, though.
I've only done it once but it wasn't that bad really. Green's were still decent size and the course still had sand traps. All the holes are like 70-90 yards though. If you are a good golfer, on the green in 1 every time. Took me 2-3 shots per hole, not including putting of course

Old
04-14-2013, 02:14 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Oh no doubt I would suck, it would just be fun swinging that club around

Old
04-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Oh no doubt I would suck, it would just be fun swinging that club around
I get the feeling that I wouldn't want to be on the same golf course as you Just make sure you are good at screaming 'fore' before you go play

Old
04-14-2013, 02:43 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Old
04-14-2013, 02:46 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
I get the feeling that I wouldn't want to be on the same golf course as you Just make sure you are good at screaming 'fore' before you go play
oh god.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:00 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens

Old
04-14-2013, 03:02 PM
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator