HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs Thread - 2 games remaining (WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 07:37 AM
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN

vCash: 4500
Can't let up now folks, we're just 1 point out of the 5th spot. If TML loses tonight, their game in hand goes away as well.

I'm happy we're in, but I want no part of getting our clocks cleaned in the 1st round by Pittsburgh and Boston. Much rather have a 5 or 6 seed and get Washington or Montreal.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:41 AM
webbster

vCash: 500
As a big Isles fan for many years from Austria, it is a very happy day.

Rock on Isles...
I am so happy that we are clinched the play offs and unhappy cause I donīt know where to watch the games in Austria...

Congrats to the team, they are all playing very well the last games. Keep it on and we will see what can happen in the Play Offs.

PLAY OFFS, it is unbelievable

Old
04-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbster View Post
As a big Isles fan for many years from Austria, it is a very happy day.

Rock on Isles...
I am so happy that we are clinched the play offs and unhappy cause I donīt know where to watch the games in Austria...

Congrats to the team, they are all playing very well the last games. Keep it on and we will see what can happen in the Play Offs.

PLAY OFFS, it is unbelievable
Cant you get Center ice for the playoffs ?
There are ALWAYS Internet Streams.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Isles4ever82

We are in!!!!!! Now Lets win these next 2 games I want either the 5th or 6th seed because I dont want to face Boston or Pitt in the first round.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:00 AM
burana800

I think our boys will come out flying against Flyers and Buffalo. I think they were little nervous when they had a chance to clinch. Now that its done they can relax and have some fun and win some hockey games.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Trizz

vCash: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
We are in!!!!!! Now Lets win these next 2 games I want either the 5th or 6th seed because I dont want to face Boston or Pitt in the first round.
pittsburgh would be great

play with the gillies/haley style

Old
04-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Don't get me wrong... hard work and dedication played a HUGE part as to why this team has made the playoffs. But looking at the events of last night, it seems this team was meant to make the playoffs. Kind of like the hockey gods, for once, were shining down on the Islanders. For example...

In the game against Carolina, we should have lost in regulation. Getting a point from that game was a small miracle. Why? The tying goal with a minute left? That's not really even what I'm talking about. It happens. How about Ruutu (sp?) missing a COMPLETELY open net about 3 feet away from the crease? That's a sure goal pretty much 100 times out of 100. That goes in... game over.

But the Jets-Caps game really did if for me. Forgot who the player was on the Jets but he had a wide open net in the first period (from a bit of an angle but still) and a Caps d-man (I think either Erskine or Carlson) dove across and made what looked like a 2 pad stack for the save. That's a goal 99 times out of 100. Just minutes later, a Jets shot deflected off the back of the Caps goalie and was bouncing across the goal line. A Caps d-man (again I think it was Erskine or Carlson) somehow jumped behind the goaltender and swatted it away literally millimeters from crossing the goal line completely. Again... goal 99 times out of 100.

My point... as Isles fans we always complain about never getting any bounces. The bounces were in our favor in abundance last night. Our magic number this morning could EASILY still be at 3... but it isn't. Thank you hockey gods!

Old
04-24-2013, 09:19 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Congrats on the playoffs
thanks - long time waiting.

Also, you should have a Panda in the Sabres logo/avatar!

Old
04-24-2013, 09:40 AM
coladin

Well done and good to all the long suffering Isles fans! 6 years is far too long and you have an exciting team to watch with no expectations or pressure. They have made the playoffs and anything else is gravy, according to the rest of the hocley world...but we all know that the players want to win a round and they will be ready to upset someone.

Good luck!

Old
04-24-2013, 10:06 AM
fishstick

Now try to avoid the penguins.
Have a feeling that at least one round is possible if they keep up their strong game #beLIeve

Old
04-24-2013, 10:12 AM
The Stig
Global Moderator
a combustible lemon

vCash: 50
Congrats you guys! Been pulling for you guys for years! So stoked to see you guys back!

Old
04-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Islanderfan17

Gotta win one or two more games

Old
04-24-2013, 10:28 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Congratulations to each and every player on that team. They put themselves in a position to succeed, and for the most part executed. They deserve every bit of the experience; and this experience should propel development.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about this team; I saw another bottom-5 finish, probably jaded by years of losing and did not have faith in Capuano/overachievement. I'm still wrapping my head around this run they are in the midst of, they've bent, but haven't broken. Propelled by timely defense, offense, and goaltending.

Didn't they clinch in Carolina 2004? Still have the Newsday headliner, w/ Czerk scoring two goals (I think).

Two games to tune up; just hope they haven't spent all their energy to make it this far, and peter out come playoff time. This could be a good time to experiment with a Boyes-Grabner swap, MM is the lesser of the evil on that line and has shown consistency. JT is trying too much, overextending himself, we all know how much pressure he puts on himself.

Let's Go Islanders!

Old
04-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7#post64579827

Part III