HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

OTT / FLA - Fleischmann

Old
04-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Healfezza

vCash: 500
OTT / FLA - Fleischmann

With Florida once again sitting in the basement after a suprising year in 2012, might they be interested in flipping a signed veteran for some young talent? Ottawa has cupboards filled with kids and could parlay some of their potential for a proven winger. What do you think it would take from Ottawa to aquire Fleischmann?

From Ottawa possible inclusions

- Zack Smith - Great 3rd line checking center who can chip in points. Likely a casualty of Ottawa's strength up the middle and could be looking for a new home. Reasonable salary.
- Patrick Weircioch - Proving to be great as a rookie for Ottawa, playing in a top 4 role due to injuries. A former 2nd round pick who projects to be a 2nd pairing defencemen with a 2 way game and good offensive ability. Would love to keep him but if we can get some help on the wing he is movable.
- Puempel/Noesen/Stone/Ceci - All guys that havn't really made the big show yet, but could be there soon.
- Stephane Da Costa - A college UFA that has been buried in Ottawa due to center depth. An undersized playmaking center with a ton of skill, but could be a make or break 2nd line center.
- Picks.
- Plethora of B prospects: If there are any that you like you could have them.
- Offlimits: Conacher/Zibanejad/Silfverburg/Michalek/Spezza/Alfredsson/Turris/Lehner/Karlsson/Cowen/Methot/Neil/Anderson

From Florida
- Tomas Fleischmann

Healfezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Moller

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healfezza View Post
- Zack Smith - Great 3rd line checking center who can chip in points. Likely a casualty of Ottawa's strength up the middle and could be looking for a new home. Reasonable salary.
Have to disagree here - I think Turris is a better candidate for being a casualty of the center depth.

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Healfezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
Have to disagree here - I think Turris is a better candidate for being a casualty of the center depth.
I can see why you might feel that way, but Turris is still a more talented player then Smith by far. I think that Spezza/Turris/Zibanejad running a deep T9 with 3 scoring lines potentially is a lot better then Spezza/Zibanejad/Smith. Turris has had some trouble against top competition this year, but playing as a 2C behind Spezza he should mop up next season.

Healfezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:40 PM
gudzilla

florida says no. there's no need to get rid of fleischmann for non-roster players. unless you're giving us a top 6 scoring forward that can produce now, it's a no.

we have great depth except at goalscoring

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:25 PM
CoolburnIsGone

I personally don't see it happening for a downgrade. I think they would trade him if they were upgrading but that's not being suggested in the OP. So that would basically be a no to the premise of this proposal.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

We're in the basement due to the plethora of injuries we've had. If he was gonna move Flash, he would've done it at the deadline.

04-18-2013, 11:10 PM
FrolikFan67

i'd still rather keep him. he was our best forward last season and is currently leading the team in points this season. his cap hit isnt bad and still has 2 yrs left. we're hurting for offense so i doubt we trade him. in this case, with the off limit players i'd look at weircioch and ceci personally, but that would be the problem, trading offense for D when we need offense. i just dont see anything happening there.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote