HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge Thread (Home of All Things OT)

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
The Greg Zuerlein is reportedly hitting 60+ field goals in camp.

TGZ will lead us to ultimate glory with a Super Bowl winning 77 yard field goal

Old
08-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
The Greg Zuerlein is reportedly hitting 60+ field goals in camp.

TGZ will lead us to ultimate glory with a Super Bowl winning 77 yard field goal
Against the Patriots.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Memento
Missourian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Against the Patriots.
And Zu will consistently nail game-winning field goals against the Seahags as an afterthought.

Old
08-03-2012, 04:33 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Let's see how Zuerlein fairs in a pre season game. This is the Rams you know, 15 wins in 5 seasons

Old
08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Thekidline

Is anyone else really optimistic about this season for the rams?

This rookie class looks stacked (as it should considering our amount of picks).

I am a big fisher fan.

I could see this team going 7-9 or 8-8 easily, but I doubt that would be good enough for a playoff spot.

With the redskins first round pick for the next 2 drafts along with our own I would not be surprised if that would turn into at least one top 10 pick each draft considering the talent level of both teams.... This team is gonna have at least the opportunity to re build very quickly.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidline View Post

I am a big fisher fan.

I could see this team going 7-9 or 8-8 easily, but I doubt that would be good enough for a playoff spot.

With the redskins first round pick for the next 2 drafts along with our own I would not be surprised if that would turn into at least one top 10 pick each draft considering the talent level of both teams.... This team is gonna have at least the opportunity to re build very quickly.
Optimistic as in we will be much better than last year, still wont make the playoffs though.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:23 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Lets be honesty, winning 5 games and being somewhat competitive in the loses will be a successful season for the Rams. I'm just praying that the Redskins completely blow and we get 2 great picks. We have a chance to actually build a great team if we don't mess those picks up.

Old
08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I really like RGIII. He seems like a very humble, and intelligent young man, and one hell of a football player, but I really hope he struggles for the next couple of years so we get a great pick out of it. He can set the world on fire after that, but I hope there are some growing pains there. After all, it is the Redskins....

Old
08-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Was at camp today. Really not impressed with Chris Givens. I doubt he's higher than 5th on the depth chart.

Justin Cole was absolutely reamed by the LB coach today. Never heard anything like it.

Old
08-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidline View Post

I am a big fisher fan.

I think this team's going to impress a rather apathetic Rams fan base and generate some buzz for a change. Quick sounds promising, Jenkins sounds like a future pro bowler, Pead is Shady McCoy-lite, and I've always been high on Brockers' potential and think he'll be a dominant force in the middle eventually. With all reports saying Bradford looks great so far(aside from the long ball), this team is accumulating a lot of young talent and has a chance to replicate what the Blues have done.

Old
08-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I really like RGIII. He seems like a very humble, and intelligent young man, and one hell of a football player, but I really hope he struggles for the next couple of years so we get a great pick out of it. He can set the world on fire after that, but I hope there are some growing pains there. After all, it is the Redskins....
Bottom line is that its hard to be a rookie starting QB to succeed, and RGIII is coming from a spread offense. He also has a ton of pressure playing in Washington, it could end up being a Kessellesque return. I know they got Shanny, but they have been nearly as bad as us over the last decade and their last 3 or 4 coaches were big names who fizzled out.

Im optimistic about the Rams this season, looking for the defense to be our strength. Fischer has always gotten great play from his Dline, and our secondary looks pretty deep.

Old
08-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

I think the defense can be top 10 in the league this year.. and Bradford could be this years Matt Stafford, I'm not saying he'll throw 40 TD's and 5,000 YDS but 25 TD's and 4,000 YDS is possible.

Old
08-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Thekidline

Quote:
I'm with you on liking RGIII, perfect situation for me is his/the redskins season goes much like the panthers did last year....... He plays well but the team ends up in the top 10 of the draft.... that would be the perfect situation for me as a fan.

Old
08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Blues0307

It's odd that there's so much talk about RGIII and rarely any talk about Luck these days. But I hope Bradford ends up better than both of them.

Old
08-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
It's odd that there's so much talk about RGIII and rarely any talk about Luck these days. But I hope Bradford ends up better than both of them.
Yeah, RGIII has a ton of endorsements already without even taking an NFL snap.

Old
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Tyler Greene complains about the fans Wednesday night, was shipped to the worst team in baseball Thursday afternoon. His time in St. Louis was certainly up.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:27 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Tyler Greene complains about the fans Wednesday night, was shipped to the worst team in baseball Thursday afternoon. His time in St. Louis was certainly up.
Later Greene!

He's such a fine physical specimen, but could not take advantage of it on the Cardinals. It's too bad because his speed compliments the power that the Cards have had for a while now.

On the Cardinal players need to realize that if you are on the bench, then the only way to get on the lineup and stay on is to get those pesky pinch hits. They must take advantage of their one at-bat. Allen Craig did it last season. It seemed every time he came to bat he got a pinch hit. Matt Carpenter is doing it this season off the bench. Shane Robinson is batting a respectable .253 right now off the bench. He's getting pinch hits, but has to not strike out so much.

Greene could not do it. Bye.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:59 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

He is quite an athlete. If he put it all together, he could really be a great player. He doesn't make contact enough to use his tremendous speed. He also doesn't have great plate discipline to draw some walks to steal bases. He could carve out a career similar to that of Furcal if he stops swinging for the long ball and puts the ball in play or takes some pitches. I'm actually sad to see him go because he has tremendous potential, but I don't think he would reach it here. I'm glad the Astros are moving to the AL next year because if he figures it out, he could really take off.

Old
08-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Tyler Greene trade made my day

Old
08-09-2012, 06:46 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Greene had all the skill in the world he could just never put it together, he was awful, wish him the best in Houston though.

Old
08-10-2012, 07:08 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Greene had all the skill in the world he could just never put it together, he was awful, wish him the best in Houston though.
All those skills Greene had... Oh well, Houston will be in the American Leauge West next season as Houston gets moved to the AL by the way.

Old
08-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Last practice before football on Sunday. Looking forward to it

Old
08-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

Can't wait till the game Sunday. Lots of rookies to watch and a new Sam Bradford. I've never been this excited for a season to start in a long time.

Old
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I'll be watching WRs and OLBers the most

Old
08-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Thekidline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
I'll be watching WRs and OLBers the most
Ill be watching those along with the O line and all of the rookies..... Im really excited to see what Janoris Jenkins can do... Hearing crazy good things about the baby daddy.

Closed Thread