HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge Thread (Home of All Things OT)

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2011, 10:12 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well as a lifelong UK basketball fan, welcome to the SEC. However, don't expect us to let you win any games against us.

signed,
Your SEC king
Thanks, I can't wait to witness the atmosphere around the football games. I was at the announcement at the MU Student Center and the entire campus is excited. We no longer have to deal with the "Texas" problem, which will be the downfall of the Big 12.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:19 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
The Big 12 is a joke. I wonder if they have any semblance of a contingency plan if West Virginia can't start play in 2012. Will a lame-duck Mizzou team be held hostage for a year?

Old
11-07-2011, 12:31 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
The Big 12 is a joke. I wonder if they have any semblance of a contingency plan if West Virginia can't start play in 2012. Will a lame-duck Mizzou team be held hostage for a year?
They said they don't foresee any problems. The Texas Network will be the undoing of the Big 12. West Virginia was also listed as part of the 10 teams in the Big 12 next season.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:42 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

It may not be Mizzou's problem, but what is keeping Ken Starr from suing the university if West Virginia can't extricate itself from the Big East soon enough to get back to 10 teams? The TV contract is nullified...and that is a big mess for the Big 12.

Look, I'm from Nebraska, and other than some residual rooting for the B12 north teams, I don't care if the conference implodes. Good for Mizzou getting out. Almost every day this season another goofy rumor has surfaced about realignment that makes me glad Nebraska is in the Big 10.

What I'd love to see is an undefeated OU or Texas or OSU be denied the national title game because they were too greedy to expand to 12 teams and re-institute a championship game. I got so sick of the way Texas media interests were painting Nebraska as the trouble-maker last season.

Enjoy the SEC. Should be some exciting games. I wish Mizzou had ended up in the B10, but there is a chance they may face Nebraska in one of the many B10/SEC bowl connections. That would be epic.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:49 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
It may not be Mizzou's problem, but what is keeping Ken Starr from suing the university if West Virginia can't extricate itself from the Big East soon enough to get back to 10 teams? The TV contract is nullified...and that is a big mess for the Big 12.

Look, I'm from Nebraska, and other than some residual rooting for the B12 north teams, I don't care if the conference implodes. Good for Mizzou getting out. Almost every day this season another goofy rumor has surfaced about realignment that makes me glad Nebraska is in the Big 10.

What I'd love to see is an undefeated OU or Texas or OSU be denied the national title game because they were too greedy to expand to 12 teams and re-institute a championship game. I got so sick of the way Texas media interests were painting Nebraska as the trouble-maker last season.

Enjoy the SEC. Should be some exciting games. I wish Mizzou had ended up in the B10, but there is a chance they may face Nebraska in one of the many B10/SEC bowl connections. That would be epic.
The Big 10 was my first choice, it made much more sense geographically. I wonder whats going to happen to some of the smaller teams in football, like Kansas, K-State, Iowa State, Baylor, and Texas Tech. Once the Oklahomas go to the Pac 12, the Big 12 will dissolve or be a group of random teams and Texas.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
The Note
Overrated

vCash: 500
the Miami Marlins are gonna sign Pujols. Please if this happens let's just handle it classier than Cleveland did with Lebron....that was embarrassing.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:52 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

I'm sure its a lot easier to take when your team just won the championship. LeBron was Cleveland's only hope.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note View Post
the Miami Marlins are gonna sign Pujols. Please if this happens let's just handle it classier than Cleveland did with Lebron....that was embarrassing.
He hasnt signed yet, there is still hope

Old
12-06-2011, 02:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I don't even know what to say about this. Their starting pitching still sucks, with the exception of Josh Johnson, but he has shoulder issues. Would this make them better than either of the Phillies or Braves? And say Pujols is a couple years older than he really is, what happens to the Marlins if he declines and the team doesn't perform and they don't sell tickets?

This would be the ultimate sellout. Baseball fans in Florida are as fickle as they come. Pujols can do no wrong in St. Louis, but in Florida if he starts doing bad, he won't have the support. I really hope we don't counter with a 10 year offer.

Hell if you would've told me the Marlins would sign Pujols, even last season I would've said you're insane. It wasn't too long ago where their payroll was less than Pujols' contract. Hell they are paying Reyes more next season than their whole payroll was one season.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Jzk

vCash: 750
I really don't care at this point. I'm as big a Pujols fan as the next guy but we have a good deep team and Berkman can play 1st for the next year or 2.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:17 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

It would open up money and we get the 9th pick in the draft. If he does leave, I just hope we don't sign Rollins. Oswalt for a few years would be great though.

Wainwright
Carpenter
Oswalt
Garcia
Lohse

Craig would also get everyday playing time. If the price goes to 10 years $250 million, I say we have to pass. If it would be 7-8 years at around 24 per, I could do that.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:19 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
It would open up money and we get the 9th pick in the draft. If he does leave, I just hope we don't sign Rollins. Oswalt for a few years would be great though.

Wainwright
Carpenter
Oswalt
Garcia
Lohse

Craig would also get everyday playing time. If the price goes to 10 years $250 million, I say we have to pass. If it would be 7-8 years at around 24 per, I could do that.
Take the Craig part back, he is out 4-6 months.

Old
12-07-2011, 11:53 AM
The Note
Overrated

I wouldn't understand it if he left, but that's his call and he'll have to live with it

Old
12-07-2011, 12:01 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If the report of our offer is correct, it would be a joke if he left. The Marlins aren't giving a no trade clause or more money, at least not significantly more if it is more.

Old
12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
The Note
Overrated

Welp, see ya!

Old
12-08-2011, 10:43 AM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Welp, see ya!
Yeah no kidding. 220 million for 9 or 10 years was ridiculous to begin with.... but 250? Don't let the door hit ya Albert.

Old
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
The Note
Overrated

At least when LeBron left it was to win, that was all about money

-Not that I'm justifying the way LeBron went about it-

Old
12-08-2011, 10:59 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Thanks for the great years of service Albert. The last 5 years of that contract are going to be an anchor, but at least you'll be able to DH for the Angels. Would have liked to have seen you as a life-long cardinal but 10 years at 200+ is not worth it for a 31 year old player, no matter how talented.

At least he didn't sign with the cubs and he's out of the NL...

Old
12-08-2011, 11:08 AM
BlueBeard

Quote:
At least when LeBron left it was to win, that was all about money

-Not that I'm justifying the way LeBron went about it-
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I have no problem with a player wanting the best deal possible. I just wish they wouldn't feed people the BS of "It's not about the money", "I want to be an XXXXX" blah blah. Dude, if you want the best deal just say that, don't feed us the crap.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:13 AM
The Note
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I have no problem with a player wanting the best deal possible. I just wish they wouldn't feed people the BS of "It's not about the money", "I want to be an XXXXX" blah blah. Dude, if you want the best deal just say that, don't feed us the crap.
I guess that's the part that bothers me. He's said I want to be a cardinal for life, if that was true take the "discount" and stay here. If he'd had said I'll take the highest monetary offer, I still wouldn't agree with his decision but it's in his best interest

Old
12-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Alklha

It is a huge short term loss to the Cardinals, but I'm not too bothered really. If the Cardinals had signed him, I don't know why, but I just think he is going to have a lot of injury problems in a few years. Maybe it is just the fact he has played through injuries and his physique is going to be prone to more.

Some will say it is all about the money, but I suspect it is as much to do with the DH and his numbers.

We have Berkman for first base and Craig is an everyday outfielder now. Even though starting pitching isn't a need, I'd like to see at least an attempt at Yu Darvish now. I know others will disagree though.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 700
As a Cavalier fan, I feel your pain. At least Albert didn't do a "Decision". That being said, $250 million is a lot of money for an aging player who will be a DH in a few years.

I think the Cards will do fine with out him. It is a classy organization. Always does the right thing. The Cards will win without him

Old
12-08-2011, 11:20 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Well Craig is out 4-6 months, so Mozeliak is going to have to pick someone up, but I hope we make a move for Oswalt. Getting Wainwright back and possibly adding Oswalt would make a dominant rotation and we would still have a strong offense. We have pretty good prospect depth, so a trade for a big bat is also plausible, anyone should be available besides Miller.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
It hurts but I think the Cards made the right move in not going that high.

I wish him the best of luck in Anaheim

Old
12-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Well Craig is out 4-6 months, so Mozeliak is going to have to pick someone up, but I hope we make a move for Oswalt. Getting Wainwright back and possibly adding Oswalt would make a dominant rotation and we would still have a strong offense. We have pretty good prospect depth, so a trade for a big bat is also plausible, anyone should be available besides Miller.
Fielder? No doubt that will be the talk for the next few days.

Our rotation for next season is pretty much set with Waino, Carp, Jaime, Lohse and Westbrook. Unless we shift Lohse or Westbrook, then I can't see us being in the SP market. RP is where we could use some help, but it isn't easy at this point.

To be honest, I think we will pretty much stick with what we have, apart from a couple of minor bit parts coming in. We have Westbrook and Lohse coming off the books after next season ($20m saved, plus what we aren't paying Pujols). We'll be in a very good position to go after some FA's (Cole Hamels?).

Closed Thread