Notices

Milan Lucic

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

vCash: 500
Never wanted him traded

Created my player discussion about him so people could see why he shouldn't be traded. But even today people were saying trade him.

Hope he stays here for a long time

Old
05-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Lucic is built (literally and figuratively) for the playoffs.

Glad to say I was never on the "trade Lucic" suck-train that was rampant here (I'm just a Kelly hater, that's it )
You're alright, Colt.

Done defending this kid. People either get it or they're r... or they don't.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

My man crush on Lucic has never been stronger

Old
05-13-2013, 11:16 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Well said. I will never doubt this man again.

Give him an 'A' on his jersey next season.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Bone for your jar

Transcendent performance tonight from Milan.

There truly is no player in the league quite like him.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Nose Face Killah
Fight Owens Fight

"Lets trade Horton" I never want to see those three words again either.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:25 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
You're alright, Colt.

Done defending this kid. People either get it or they're r... or they don't.
But let's be honest, the criticisms were warranted in the regular season even if the "trade Lucic for a bag of pucks" was not.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Rancid McGoiter
Still metal.

Send a message via AIM to Rancid McGoiter
There are a lot of parts of this team that are expendable. Lucic has never been one.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:32 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

At least this crow is well seasoned.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Harbinger04

vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
"Lets trade Horton" I never want to see those three words again either.
hortons effort this series =! lucics

horton has played decent, but he has taken plenty of games off this series. Lucic has not taken 1 game off

Old
05-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Horton scored the clutch goal that got us back in it.

Beauty set-up by Lucic though --but how many goals and offensive chances does Lucic generate when guys don't want to get hit by him. A couple tonight alone, but you see it all the time when he is hitting.
1st goal, not sure if he got an assist, but he was directly responsible for making the guy cough it up due to fear of being smoked. They should give him one.

2nd goal - Hoofed it down the wing, came around the net and gave Horton a perfect set up. Had an open net gimme.

3rd goal - Obviously dominated everyone in front of the net who couldn't move him.

4th goal - gave them entry, won that battle and got it back to the point. No helper, but again he set that all up on good entry, and winning that battle.

Only goal he wasn't a factor on was the winner. But he clearly got them in position to win.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Open Ice

The man was a FORCE tonight. I want tonight's Lucic every game for the playoffs. Asking too much?

Old
05-13-2013, 11:47 PM
VanIsle

Bob McKenzie said he was the player of the game, he even compared it to the 2007 Memorial Cup game that he had.

On ice for every goal of the game, and without Ference, Redden, they still pulled it out with Bart and Hamilton.

HUGE win, HUGGGGGEEEE.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:04 AM
masterquan14

we need to sign this guy forever...right now

Old
05-14-2013, 12:09 AM
NiKrejci

Him and Krejci as duo are absolutely amazing to watch when they both decide to turn it on. I feel like they tell each other in the offseason that the only season that matters from now on is the post season. They got their cup and they want another.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:10 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
1st goal, not sure if he got an assist, but he was directly responsible for making the guy cough it up due to fear of being smoked. They should give him one.

2nd goal - Hoofed it down the wing, came around the net and gave Horton a perfect set up. Had an open net gimme.

3rd goal - Obviously dominated everyone in front of the net who couldn't move him.

4th goal - gave them entry, won that battle and got it back to the point. No helper, but again he set that all up on good entry, and winning that battle.

Only goal he wasn't a factor on was the winner. But he clearly got them in position to win.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Milan Lucic is the man. He had a heroic performance and was the catalyst for this comeback. I hope all his haters who wanted him traded have changed their tune. He is worth every penny of his contract. Heck after tonight it looks like he might be underpaid!!!!
ive started to feel that he is the guy to trade and ive ALWAYS said that he is the guy to trade despite being able to take over a playoff and dominate it single handed.

im not suggesting we trade him because he isn't a great player... its more about how he needs to play in order to be great... how it requires him to be healthy.... how he cant do it on a regular basis or at all when he isn't healthy.

yeah, lucic just had a great series... and he had one against montreal a few years ago... and he sort of looked very average a couple times against Carolina and washinton while we were getting eliminated in the past couple years too.

spending 6 mill on a player to me... requires that a player is a bit more dependable to show up when needed than lucic has been over the past 3-4 years.

but that isn't to say he isn't an absolute beast when he is healthy. to another team that is in desperate need for toughness, I think lucic is well worth the 6 mill to. on our team where chara and mcquaid and thornton and Campbell and company will still be around even if lucic is dealt... we just don't have the same need for team toughness.

we went to game 7 in these playoffs because we couldn't get balanced scoring. we couldn't get easy goals when needed. maybe that's partially coaching, but spending 6 mill on a guy like lucic and seeing how ineffective he can become at times... concerns me.

I love the guy... hes probably my favorite player... but he has a ton of trade value and he costs a ton of cap hit. for the right deal, I still support the idea of trading him.

freeing up 6 mill cap room... use it to sign a guy like david Clarkson or ryan clowe for 1 mill less... and fetch back a return like the Edmonton 7 overall pick and some kid like paarjarvi.

Clarkson or Clowe PLUS a high first PLUS a kid with a future like Paarjarvi simply makes more sense to me than Lucic at 6 mill does when we cant afford to keep Horton anyhow so we are loosing the bookend and the chemistry these two have.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Milan Lucic is the man. He had a heroic performance and was the catalyst for this comeback. I hope all his haters who wanted him traded have changed their tune. He is worth every penny of his contract. Heck after tonight it looks like he might be underpaid!!!!
Screw any Lucic haters.

Looch has been playing great hockey !!!!

05-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid McGoiter View Post
There are a lot of parts of this team that are expendable. Lucic has never been one.
Good Post Well said.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:28 AM
VanIsle

Called the Lucic and Neely win, with the B.C. jerseys rolling, that won the Bruins the cup in 2011.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:50 AM
SpitfireIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Amen.
Thx Bill. It looks like Lucic is one of those guys that really cares about this team and this group. I just watched a clip from boston.com's postgame and he said the same thing on cbc that if they had lost this game it may well have been the last game for this group and you can tell that made him play right to the end.

Watching the game it looked like everyone had quit and resigned themselves to their fate except for Lucic and Rask. Lucic was the guy who just wouldn't let go and didn't want to let the team lose and be broken up. He never quit, the team climbed up on his back and the rest is history. Whether the B's win the Cup or lose in the next 4 games Lucic pushed the team to a monumental comeback and showed priceless leadership. He definalty should get an A on his jersey for what he did tonight. Here is a link to the clip, it might be just me but it looks like he is a little emotional at times thinking about things like the 4-1 defecit and the possible breakup of the team. This guy is one you want in the trenches with you. http://www.boston.com/video/viral_pa...=2379559277001

Old
05-14-2013, 12:54 AM
GodTukka*

Eh, he shut me up, and every one who preached the LKH line would turn it up come playoff land are in the sweet land of vindication.

Now keep it up Looch! We missed this version of ya in the regular season

Old
05-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Lobster57
nosdoom

He's not even 25 yet. Was a frustrating season, but he's is utterly unique in the sport and an absolute warrior.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:57 AM
SpitfireIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Never wanted him traded

Created my player discussion about him so people could see why he shouldn't be traded. But even today people were saying trade him.

Hope he stays here for a long time
You and me both because if he isin't a prototypical Bruin then who the heck is???

Old
05-14-2013, 05:36 AM
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Bob McKenzie said he was the player of the game, he even compared it to the 2007 Memorial Cup game that he had.

On ice for every goal of the game, and without Ference, Redden, they still pulled it out with Bart and Hamilton.

HUGE win, HUGGGGGEEEE.

Closed Thread