HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Agreed. McCoshen would not be a bad addition to our prospect pool.
+He's the kind of player who could be there for our first or NSH 2nd... Really like him.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Et le But

I think this year shows that there's never too much big defenders in the system. Even if that's an organizational strength that's no reason to avoid defenders.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I knew the name Ian McCoshen but never looked him up until now. Wow, damn impressive stats and size. I wonder how he skates.

Definitely someone Timmins would look at. Big frame, high upside, USHL, going to a very good program.
For sure, he has Timmins pick written all over him. It's hard to find scouting reports on him and his skating, I am also looking for answers there.

And good to see Grant dropping some little tidbits of info...or should I say Timbits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
What about Comrie? Is he supose to go before Fucale?
He did not play a game after January 9th due to injury, which may be why he falls a lot.

I would be very happy to grab him in the 2nd.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 04-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Zorro

A friend of mine believes now that management has "changed"; one of Eberle, Yak or Nuge will go. And out of those 3 he believes Nuge will go.

If RNH was available...would you go for it? and what would you trade?

Old
04-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
A friend of mine believes now that management has "changed"; one of Eberle, Yak or Nuge will go. And out of those 3 he believes Nuge will go.

Prices will be too high, we don't need to trade, we need to draft and develop.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Draft

Quote:

Left chestnut.

Assume that they want roster players and defence. I think fair value is, considering his injuries, inconsistent play etc....

Diaz + Tinordi + DD + CGY 2nd for RNH

I'd rather not though.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Left chestnut.

Assume that they want roster players and defence. I think fair value is, considering his injuries, inconsistent play etc....

Diaz + Tinordi + DD + CGY 2nd for RNH

I'd rather not though.
Come on. Edmonton laughs in our face at that offer.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
CH4

price would be more like Eller + Beaulieu + Tinordi + 1st + cgy 2nd ++

or Subban

Old
04-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Come on. Edmonton laughs in our face at that offer.
I don't know man, Diaz is a top-4 defenceman, Tinordi's a blue-chip prospect with the playing style Edmonton wants, DD fills the spot RNH leaves as a 2c, 2nd should be a 1st. Two roster players filling serious needs, a prospect filling another need, decent pick. Not terrible.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I don't know man, Diaz is a top-4 defenceman, Tinordi's a blue-chip prospect with the playing style Edmonton wants, DD fills the spot RNH leaves as a 2c, 2nd should be a 1st. Two roster players filling serious needs, a prospect filling another need, decent pick. Not terrible.
It does look ridiculous. Switch DD for Eller, less crazy.

Diaz + Eller + Tinordi + 1st

Old
04-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Mats86

Quote:

He's having a bad year. If the price is right(no pun intended) I would go for it.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

Centres are the most important and hardest to fill position of all the forward spots. I don't see Edmonton trading RNH even if they draft a centre in this years draft unless he absolutely demands to be traded.

I'd be interested in Hall, for sure.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:37 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
He's having a bad year. If the price is right(no pun intended) I would go for it.
The price wont be right because you will be competing with 31 other teams. Subban will almost definitely be asked for. Also like the poster above me said Edmonton is weak at centre so I would expect Yakupov to be the one used as trade bait.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

They'd want a bigger body, but less skilled + something else for one of them.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The price wont be right because you will be competing with 31 other teams. Subban will almost definitely be asked for. Also like the poster above me said Edmonton is weak at centre so I would expect Yakupov to be the one used as trade bait.
How about our first for Bernier? Then Price to Oilers for their first? Solves a lot of problems....Bernier is an inexpensive young goalie from the Q. Being from the Q he should be a money goalie. Price goes back out west and Habs get a top ten pick for shot at Drouin.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:07 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
I'm down with Using our 1st & one 2nd round pick for Morin and then Diaby.That would give the Habs some real beef on the backend and if Laganiere signs some more size on the top six in the near future.Those three players in tow,still leaves 4 more choices in the top 90,Carrier LW, Zykov RW, Bailey C, Tyler Hill are four players to make it a memorable draft,with two picks left in the 6th and 7th rounds.The Habs are in the ballpark, now is the time to draft the players with size,grit,passion for the game and a win at all costs mentality.Sure would enjoy some fireworks from Bergevin,Dudley and Timmins at the New Jersey hosted Entry Draft, possibly swing for the fences and land one of the Top Ten picks without trading any present picks. Domi, Lazar, Wennberg , or any of the really talented forwards to bring depth in the system like there was in the 50's,60's and 70's.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:09 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
How about our first for Bernier? Then Price to Oilers for their first? Solves a lot of problems....Bernier is an inexpensive young goalie from the Q. Being from the Q he should be a money goalie. Price goes back out west and Habs get a top ten pick for shot at Drouin.
Is this meant to be a joke? I........ what?

Old
04-15-2013, 10:56 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
Don't look now but sportsclubstats.com is showing that it is most likely that Calgary picks 3rd and Nashville picks 4th.

3 picks all at the end of the first/beginning of the second! My mouth is watering...
CGY lost and is going to have: Det, Ana, Min, StL, NSH and Chi.
Not an easy calendar.
68% chances to finish Bottom-4.

NSH has only 4 games left: Chi, CGY, Det and Col.
66% chances to finish in bottom-4.

These two second round picks are turning better and better.
Given that the scouting staff has increase and Timmins, this may look very good.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
And Edmonton goes on to be a dynasty and we become the Oilers of the east. Good plan Steve.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Bernier is just 1 year younger than Price and has played 60+ games in the league, while Price has over 300 games. And, Carey's not even in his prime, but I, too, am bit worried about his play... We'll see what happens.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Pass

Old
04-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Bernier is just 1 year younger than Price and has played 60+ games in the league, while Price has over 300 games. And, Carey's not even in his prime, but I, too, am bit worried about his play... We'll see what happens.
What more do you want....you cleared 5.5 million in cap room to spend on another top player, add a top 10 pick in best draft in a decade acquired one of top young goalies in the league? You got to be realistic here....Price's trade value at 6.5 million long term and his play this season is not at its highest.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I'm down with Using our 1st & one 2nd round pick for Morin and then Diaby.That would give the Habs some real beef on the backend and if Laganiere signs some more size on the top six in the near future.Those three players in tow,still leaves 4 more choices in the top 90,Carrier LW, Zykov RW, Bailey C, Tyler Hill are four players to make it a memorable draft,with two picks left in the 6th and 7th rounds.The Habs are in the ballpark, now is the time to draft the players with size,grit,passion for the game and a win at all costs mentality.Sure would enjoy some fireworks from Bergevin,Dudley and Timmins at the New Jersey hosted Entry Draft, possibly swing for the fences and land one of the Top Ten picks without trading any present picks. Domi, Lazar, Wennberg , or any of the really talented forwards to bring depth in the system like there was in the 50's,60's and 70's.
We already have beef on the back end...Tinordi Beaulieu Emelin Ellis Pateryn Dietz Didier etc

I have no problem drafting Morin or Diaby but not both...and not unless they are clearly BPA at the pick. In the 1st two rounds you draft for value, that means you draft the player that is on top of your board. If it's pretty even then you take the bigger need. Right now the biggest need we have is more skill up front and maybe a goalie for depth, we have a ton of young d-men, both in terms of quality and quantity.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
What more do you want....you cleared 5.5 million in cap room to spend on another top player, add a top 10 pick in best draft in a decade acquired one of top young goalies in the league? You got to be realistic here....Price's trade value at 6.5 million long term and his play this season is not at its highest.
His value is higher than a #6-10 pick, good draft or not, the odds of getting a better player in that range is not very high...plus you have to spend 3-5 years developping that player.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:30 AM
MarkovsKnee

Why are we talking trades in the draft thread? OP who started the discussion posted in the wrong thread.

I'm definitely up for the Habs picking up McCoshen, or any other D with size and a bit of nastiness to his game.

Here is my wish list:

I think with our 1st we should go BPA, and I don't really care if that's a goalie, D or forward, although I think my preference is for a forward maybe someone like Hartman if he's there, but we'll see who's at our pick.

Other than that: we need to draft a goalie, a D with size who is a willing hitter and has a high compete level, and a couple of forwards with a gritty game (not necessarily in the 2nd, but at least one should be in the 2nd and then maybe a project or something in the 6th).

I'm glad MB stayed the course at the trade deadline. This isn't the year to do it. We still need a lot of depth in the organization.

This is a BIG draft for the Habs.

Closed Thread